Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Sure, as long as you're also willing to give him a contract similar to Deshaun Watson and be stuck with him in 3 years when the legs go out. Go right ahead, I'd call that bluff all day long. 

Lamar and paying him for a guaranteed 3 years of great play for 2 1st is good.

AR and paying him for possibly only 1 year for possibly only good play (last year he was average) for a 2nd and a 1st.

Lamar makes more sense.

The higher the demand you guys ask in draft capital and if there's any truth to a rumor of SF now in (I think it's BS). The more it pushes us too Lamar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

AR and paying him for possibly only 1 year for possibly only good play (last year he was average) for a 2nd and a 1st.

Lamar makes more sense.

The higher the demand you guys ask in draft capital and if there's any truth to a rumor of SF now in (I think it's BS). The more it pushes us too Lamar.

If it makes so much sense, why aren't the Ravens signing him?

Just now, Leader said:

I notice in the carefully created box you see GB in...that you dont mention BLT can match any offer and you're left empty handed. It seems to be missing. Of course, you still have Zach.

"Poof" :)

Then you clearly don't read my whole posts. Bc I literally just mentioned trading for Stafford, possibly trading for Cousins and a few decent vets. Not making a SB run with let's say Matt Ryan at QB. But we very well could make the playoffs.

I notice in the carefully created box you see NYJ in...that you don't mention how you guys have literally no other options. It seems to be missing. Of course, you still have Love.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Then you clearly don't read my whole posts. Bc I literally just mentioned trading for Stafford, possibly trading for Cousins and a few decent vets. Not making a SB run with let's say Matt Ryan at QB. But we very well could make the playoffs.

I notice in the carefully created box you see NYJ in...that you don't mention how you guys have literally no other options. It seems to be missing. Of course, you still have Love.

Oh sure.....drop any QB's name and the outlook looks remarkably different. Why not coax RGIII out or retirement while you're at it. Leave no stone unturned :)

"Poof" - empty handed coming right up.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Then why hasn't that terrific FO you keep telling us about gone after him?

Bc the price that was discussed for AR seemed to make more sense and clearly they're in deep talks on this. So out of good faith they haven't even talked to BAL yet. The draft compensation line that seems to be moving daily gets closer to a higher price for us and rumors leak of GB not acting in good faith. That pushes us to go look in that direction.

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

If it makes so much sense, why aren't the Ravens signing him?

Seems they were calling his bluff. And are using 31 teams as examples of what his demands he wanted being unrealistic. Doesn't mean a team can't still make an offer to him. Of course BAL can still match. But a team like the Jets can put that pressure on BAL to match that contract offer, especially if that offer is more than what they've been willing to pay him throughout all of this.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Lamar makes more sense.

Lamar hasn't played great for 2 years now. You're paying him for 5 years of play, hoping 2-3 of them are great. It's also going to cost you more than two firsts, you just sign an offer sheet and the Ravens thank you for doing their work for them and match. They'll want 3 firsts +. 

We move on and talk to Aaron if he wants to retire or consider other teams like SF, Indy or WSH. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Oh sure.....drop any QB's name and the outlook looks remarkably different. Why not coax RGIII out or retirement while you're at it. Leave no stone unturned :)

"Poof" - empty handed coming right up.

Conveniently leave out all your other options part HAHAHA!!!

"Poof" - paying a guy 60mill who you don't even want there to maybe be a backup to an unproven QB who you guys never should've drafted. 

47 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The problem with sending Rodgers to SF is that I think they are maybe the one franchise that could keep him motivated to play beyond 2025.

Personally?  I'd enjoy seeing him in San Fran.  I think he wants to be there.  It would be nice of the organization to trade him to where he wants to be.  It would be a good look for the club.

Also?  Horrible look when Aaron gets them a ring when he couldn't here.  That's the club that can win it all regardless of him going into Big Game Rodgers mode.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Conveniently leave out all your other options part HAHAHA!!!

"Poof" - paying a guy 60mill who you don't even want there to maybe be a backup to an unproven QB who you guys never should've drafted. 

AR will be gone soon enough. Somewhere................... :)

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Lamar hasn't played great for 2 years now. You're paying him for 5 years of play, hoping 2-3 of them are great. It's also going to cost you more than two firsts, you just sign an offer sheet and the Ravens thank you for doing their work for them and match. They'll want 3 firsts +. 

We move on and talk to Aaron if he wants to retire or consider other teams like SF, Indy or WSH. 

What reports are there that he wants to retire? No he said himself he wants to play and play for the Jets.

What credible source has said anything about any one of those 3 teams you mentioned wanting him? You don't think throughout the last 7 weeks they would've popped up if they wanted him?

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

What reports are there that he wants to retire? No he said himself he wants to play and play for the Jets.

What credible source has said anything about any one of those 3 teams you mentioned wanting him? You don't think throughout the last 7 weeks they would've popped up if they wanted him?

Right now the focus is all on the Jets, the longer it goes without the two sides agreeing to a deal, the chances for the discussions to change increase.