Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

52 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Ha I wish. 

Two HR trios (assuming one 1st and two 2nds) for me would be:

JSN, Wash, Foskey or 

Van Ness, LaPorta, Mingo 

Washington could always go before 43 but I think there's a decent chance he's still around in the early 2nd. Either way, you're hitting that WR-TE-EDGE trio. 

Mingo and LaPorta are two of the guys who have risen the most for me during this process. JSN and Foskey have pretty much been my guys from the jump.

Well, with the draft simulators, Foskey is going late first to early second.  I don't know if that is how it is going to play out, but I don't think I have ever had the chance to get him in the second.  As always, the simulators can do some odd things, but they are consistently taking him from like 25-40.

32 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Well, with the draft simulators, Foskey is going late first to early second.  I don't know if that is how it is going to play out, but I don't think I have ever had the chance to get him in the second.  As always, the simulators can do some odd things, but they are consistently taking him from like 25-40.

Could be. It only takes one team. A lot of good EDGE guys in that tier so hard to predict their order. I've seen McDonald still on the board at 45 in a few and I just can't see him being there. 

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Just give me a 3-pick combination of the following and prosper:

JSN or Mingo 

LaPorta or Washington

Van Ness or Foskey 

Only thing I would change is a couple of those "ors" into "ands".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not sure how serious this is, but Carton says it there is another team laying in the weeds for Aaron Rodgers.  It's being teased out, so perhaps it's b.s.  interesting though .. could be a leverage play from GB to get this wrapped up.  

If, a big if, there is any truth to this, it is kind of funny. I mean, Carton said "Aaron Rodgers would play for this other team." So which other team/s would Rodgers play for? The 49'ers? Dolphins? Titans? Or........the Patriots? Imagine if it was the Patriots?! Jets fans heads would explode. The other guy, Roberts, initially guffawed at it but then slowly started wondering if there may be some truth to it, and then got all hissy about how that would not be nice for the Packers to be taking calls from another team. I'm thinking, "Yeah, neither is making a lowball offer for Rodgers under the arrogant assumption the Packers are cornered and pathetically desperate." 

I'm not buying this rumor necessarily. But just the idea that there could arise another team at some point after the Draft interested in trading for Rodgers--at least for around the same apparent lowball peanuts the Jets may be offering--isn't beyond possibility, especially if the compensation is given in 2024 Draft or later. 

Edited by DWhitehurst

7 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not sure how serious this is, but Carton says it there is another team laying in the weeds for Aaron Rodgers.  It's being teased out, so perhaps it's b.s.  interesting though .. could be a leverage play from GB to get this wrapped up.  

trading him to a non-jets team would be so satisfying lol

• Like 10

9 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This would be so funny to pack it up the Jets arse! 

4 minutes ago, R T said:

The other team is very likely the 49ers and the only way the Packers make that trade is if the Jets give them no other option.  

Titans, because they could trade Tannehill to the Jets! 😂

Seriously though, the Titans have the ability to create the cap space and they have a ton of cap space next year. 

Edited by Old Guy

This obsession on first round WR is just such a dumb obsession.

Rodgers had:

Greg Jenning - 2nd round (#52)

Jordy Nelson - 2nd round (#36)

James Jones - 3rd round (#78)

Davante Adams - 2nd round (#53)

And now add Watson (#34) to that list

And that's not counting TE like Finley, RB like Lacy, or guys that didn't really stick like Ty Montgomery. 

The Packers invested plenty over the years on WR/TE/RB but it's completely discounted because they do the SMART thing and don't desperately go "ooh shiny weaponz" in the first.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Titans, because they could trade Tannehill to the Jets! 😂

Seriously though, the Titans have the ability to create the cap space and they have a ton of cap space next year. 

At the end he tips his hand that it is an NFC team. 

6 minutes ago, R T said:

The other team is very likely the 49ers and the only way the Packers make that trade is if the Jets give them no other option.  

Yah that makes the most sense.  Laying in the weeds.  Purdy man that's a tough injury.  Had a weak arm to begin with not sure he'll be able to come back from that.  Lance?  Guess they could pin there hopes on him but he really sucked when he got his opportunity.  Like the pick up of Darnold.  Thought that was a good move.  Was hoping the Packers would have taken a look at him to back up Love.  They do have some serious ?'s at the QB position.  Put Rodgers on the 49's and they would have to be considered the favorites in the NFC.  Would have to be players and picks.  No premium picks this year.  Would have to be 2024.  But they could always include a few players to help us in 2023.  

• Like 1