Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

This obsession on first round WR is just such a dumb obsession.

Rodgers had:

Greg Jenning - 2nd round (#52)

Jordy Nelson - 2nd round (#36)

James Jones - 3rd round (#78)

Davante Adams - 2nd round (#53)

And now add Watson (#34) to that list

And that's not counting TE like Finley, RB like Lacy, or guys that didn't really stick like Ty Montgomery. 

The Packers invested plenty over the years on WR/TE/RB but it's completely discounted because they do the SMART thing and don't desperately go "ooh shiny weaponz" in the first.

No one cares if they are first rounders. We are pissed Gute ignored the blueprint laid out before him. You have to use higher picks every few years to get the good wide outs. He waited until it was too late, let's hope he keeps doing it. Better late than never. Let's hope he does it back to back years with 2nd wr hits. Try your pick of the litter TE too because the other attempts haven't worked out at all. We need a Wr and TE by the end of round 3 this year. (Ideally earlier)

Edited by PackFan13

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Sure, they'll need to offer something solid in 2025, or a player on a rookie deal.

Just not sure I see it happening.

It won't, but this rumor was designed to get the Jets owner and fans a little nervous and pressure them to **** or get off the pot. Wouldn't be surprising to see the deal get finalized this week. 

4 minutes ago, R T said:

It won't, but this rumor was designed to get the Jets owner and fans a little nervous and pressure them to **** or get off the pot. Wouldn't be surprising to see the deal get finalized this week. 

To be honest, at the cost of a 2 and a conditional 2, I'm not sure why more teams didn't jump in. Think some teams like LV played their hand too soon.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

To be honest, at the cost of a 2 and a conditional 2, I'm not sure why more teams didn't jump in. Think some teams like LV played their hand too soon.  

Dont think LV see's their roster ready to compete at the big table yet - so they're playing a longer hand by taking the cheaper + high rookie QB route.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

They've set themselves up great for purgatory. McDaniels is toast IMO. Maybe the GM too. 

Could be. Dont know the specifics of their roster and dont really care if they suck for a good long while.

16 minutes ago, R T said:

One would hope but think this will go down to the day before or of the draft.  Most logical teams NE and SF.  Either of them could poach Rodgers.  Both contenders.  I believe SF interest is genuine.  You would think Belichick would have interest as well.  Just needs a QB to put it all together.  Jets should have not screwed around given their position.  They may end up getting burned.  Go on their forum why should we give up anything for a broken down 39 year old QB.  No one else is interested.  WE HAVE THE LEVERAGE! Yah OK keep telling yourself that.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Just need enough serious interest to push the Jets to finalize things so that the Packers are happy. 

Don't care either way.  Almost prefer he goes to the Niners.  Jets have been screwing around sure Rodgers would be just fine with it.  Multiple 3rd's and a 1st next year isn't too bad.  Maybe throw in a player to help us in 2023.  That 1st would be late as in really late.  Likely 30-32.  No one else reporting this besides Carton.  If we see it on Bleacher Report or NFL Network well then the sheet gets real.  I do believe him though.  Niners get Rodgers they are pretty much a lock to take the NFC.  

8 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

Or........the Patriots? Imagine if it was the Patriots?! Jets fans heads would explode. The other guy, Roberts, initially guffawed at it but then slowly started wondering if there may be some truth to it, and then got all hissy about how that would not be nice for the Packers to be taking calls from another team. I'm thinking, "Yeah, neither is making a lowball offer for Rodgers under the arrogant assumption the Packers are cornered and pathetically desperate." 

This is what I have been saying for weeks.  With the way the Jets, media, and Jets fans have acted, I give the Patriots Rodgers for a little less than the low ball that the Jets offered, just to stick it to the Jets.  At first I was like, "ok cool, I can cheer on Rodgers and the Jets for a year or so and have an AFC team."  Now I am like, "Screw the Jets, there is a reason they have one fixed championship." 

Edited by ThatJerkDave
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This is what I have been saying for weeks.  With the way the Jets, media, and Jets fans have acted, I give the Patriots Rodgers for a little less than the low ball that the Jets offered, just to stick it to the Jets.  At first I was like, "ok cool, I can cheer on Rodgers and the Jets for a year or so and have an AFC team."  Now I am like, "Screw the Jets, there is a reason they have one fixed championship." 

Agreed. But we're "unstable idiots" like that. ;)

• Like 1