Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

35 minutes ago, craig said:

I think it is VERY unlikely.  Gute and his predecessors don't prioritize WR; they are BPA guys; and there don't seem many 1st-round caliber guys in the draft.  *IF* they love some run-blocking play-making WR at 15 as BPA, don't imagine Davis would prevent that.  But I don't think that's likely.  Adding Davis shouldn't really impact BPA evaluation in any of the first-two-day picks.  But I think it could reduce the perceived need-based urgency of addressing WR.  

Agree with this.  The only thing that gives me pause is having a first year QB and getting him weapons.  I'm still sticking with Van Ness or Nolan Smith which gaurantees it will be neither of them.

Yeah, hard to guess whether Gute or MLF are much of "get-him-weapons" guys.  MLF may feel the best way to help Love is to get him a better defense.  Or a better running game.  Or better protection.  The better any and every other part of the team functions, the less pressure there is on Love.  

Personally I think some targets really would help him, though, and the whole team.  The best way to have an efficient run game is for defenses to fear and respect your passing game.  I'm much more of the pass-sets-up-the-run philosophy than the reverse, in the pro game.  Good passing opens up everything.  Likewise I figure one of the nicest things for a defense is to have an offense that can score and make lots of first downs.  

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Are you playing WR this year?

You keep bringing that up, but the players that are probably going to catch the majority of the passes are already on the roster. Doubs and Watson can both be 70-80 catch guys barring injuries. The RB's will have 100+ catches as a group in all likelihood. The big question is who replaces Tonyan's 53 catches, not an OMG how they are going to replace the production from Cobb and Watkins. They will probably draft a couple of WR's but they may not come until day 3 of the draft though. 

With that said there is a perfect storm where JSN could be the pick at 15 and I would be very cool with that. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, R T said:

You keep bringing that up, but the players that are probably going to catch the majority of the passes are already on the roster. Doubs and Watson can both be 70-80 catch guys barring injuries. The RB's will have 100+ catches as a group in all likelihood. The big question is who replaces Tonyan's 53 catches, not an OMG how they are going to replace the production from Cobb and Watkins. They will probably draft a couple of WR's but they may not come until day 3 of the draft though. 

With that said there is a perfect storm where JSN could be the pick at 15 and I would be very cool with that. 

I would say WR, TE and EDGE are odds on favorites for having a pick spent in round 1 or 2 on it. Him saying he thinks that will happen is anything but setting himself up for disappointment. It's a logical use of our draft capital. 

Our top two receivers both missed 25% of the season last year, we have no depth whatsoever at the pass catching positions. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I would say WR, TE and EDGE are odds on favorites for having a pick spent in round 1 or 2 on it. Him saying he thinks that will happen is anything but setting himself up for disappointment. It's a logical use of our draft capital. 

Our top two receivers both missed 25% of the season last year, we have no depth whatsoever at the pass catching positions. 

When someone says that they need to draft a WR in the first or second it comes across as a panic situation and this isn't a panic situation. 

The Packers have 5 WR's currently on the roster and over MLF's time they have averaged 11 WR's on the 90-man roster when they go to training camp. They will add WR's. Likely will be one veteran who is a good locker room guy, who may well not add a whole lot of production. A couple of draft picks and the rest UDFA's and street FA's, none of whom will probably be major contributors... unless JSN magically ends up the pick. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I would say WR, TE and EDGE are odds on favorites for having a pick spent in round 1 or 2 on it. 

Just give me a 3-pick combination of the following and prosper:

JSN or Mingo 

LaPorta or Washington

Van Ness or Foskey 

Edited by packfanfb

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Just give me a 3-pick combination of the following and prosper:

JSN or Mingo 

LaPorta or Washington

Van Ness or Foskey 

That is probably fairly realistic.

If I were the Jets I'd also trade for Cooper Rush, who deserves to be more than just a backup to Dak Prescott given how well he did in Dak's absence. If anything, Rodgers should be Rush's backup because of his age. Last year proved he is no longer fit to be a full-time starter. Had we gotten rid of him at this point last year, we would have defended our division title with Love at QB.

It just so happens the Jets play at the Cowboys this year. Cooper Rush VS. Dak Prescott would be a good matchup.

Edited by pf9

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah I think I'd be okay coming away with JSN, Washington and Van Ness...

Ha I wish. 

Two HR trios (assuming one 1st and two 2nds) for me would be:

JSN, Wash, Foskey or 

Van Ness, LaPorta, Mingo 

Washington could always go before 43 but I think there's a decent chance he's still around in the early 2nd. Either way, you're hitting that WR-TE-EDGE trio. 

Mingo and LaPorta are two of the guys who have risen the most for me during this process. JSN and Foskey have pretty much been my guys from the jump.