Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Right now the focus is all on the Jets, the longer it goes without the two sides agreeing to a deal, the chances for the discussions to change increase. 

There's 2 sides to all this. Every day that goes by can't Rodgers possibly get injured? And then you can't trade him? Or trade him for a fraction of what you could've?

49 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Agreed. But we're "unstable idiots" like that. ;)

If someone is advocating trading him for less because their feelings are hurt when the Jets haven't ponied up in the timely manner that they wanted, yes you nailed it.  

Maybe there is something to this 3rd team, maybe not and the Jets are indeed close.  But I have said all along the Packer brass should be talking to other teams and they should take the best deal for the team.  They will never be able to get near what they could have last year when they should have moved him and to top it off have the added cap hit, but they should and likely have kept every avenue open.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There's 2 sides to all this. Every day that goes by can't Rodgers possibly get injured? And then you can't trade him? Or trade him for a fraction of what you could've?

You want to offer money & odds on this one?   :)

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Lamar and paying him for a guaranteed 3 years of great play for 2 1st is good.

AR and paying him for possibly only 1 year for possibly only good play (last year he was average) for a 2nd and a 1st.

Lamar makes more sense.

The higher the demand you guys ask in draft capital and if there's any truth to a rumor of SF now in (I think it's BS). The more it pushes us too Lamar.

Go sign Lamar if you can.  Someone else will jump into the Aaron Rodgers derby.  

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

What reports are there that he wants to retire? No he said himself he wants to play and play for the Jets.

What credible source has said anything about any one of those 3 teams you mentioned wanting him? You don't think throughout the last 7 weeks they would've popped up if they wanted him?

You don't know Rodgers speak.  His "intention" is to play for the Jets.  Not he "wants" to play for the Jets.  Stafford is not in play.  Lamar isn't either.  Nor Cousins.  Sorry man it's Rodgers or you trade away your next 3 drafts to move up and take a rook who may or may not bust out.  Rook isn't going to help you this year either.  SF and NE are both very real possibilities.  Don't kid yourself.  

As far as Lamar and not negotiating in "good faith".  It has nothing to do with Rodgers.  None of the other teams in the league or negotiating a deal with him either.  What does that tell you?  

Dunno if you fans really want Rodgers I'd be a little nervous about now.  Carton is right the longer this drags out the less likely he'll be a Jet.  Would love to hear what you have to say when Rodgers gets traded to another team.  Will you be pissed at your GM?  Or will you be well he's just a broken down 39 year old QB that can't play anymore?  Rodgers will be leading a team on a deep playoff run whether it's the Jets, NE, or SF.  Believe it.  He's still one of the top QB's in the league. 

Edited by Scoremore

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Odds are if he gets hurt, he retires and we have the exact same team we would've this year anyway, it's the Jets that become significantly worse. 

This could all end in the snap of a finger if the Jets just meet whatever Gutey is asking for. You leave the door open by playing hardball. That's the risk. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

GB is toing that line of pushing us to look elsewhere. 

That works both ways. Arrogantly thinking you can lowball a team, justifying such on the assumed basis that they are cornered, helpless, and desperate, and that they should be grateful to you....is toeing a line as well.

Amazing how a rumor that holds no credibility to you has yet so quickly led you to pivot to Lamar. 

Whatever the case, neither you nor I are Douglas and Gutekunst. I'd bet a deal gets done, somewhere in a middle that is more from the Packers view of what that middle is than what the Jets think. Or, they both walk away and find less appealing-but-still-doable Plan B's. (I'm not sure Lamar is doable, but good luck.) 

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

You don't know Rodgers speak.  His "intention" is to play for the Jets.  Not he "wants" to play for the Jets.  Stafford is not in play.  Lamar isn't either.  Nor Cousins.  Sorry man it's Rodgers or you trade away your next 3 drafts to move up and take a rook who may or may not bust out.  Rook isn't going to help you this year either.  SF and NE are both very real possibilities.  Don't kid yourself.  

As far as Lamar and not negotiating in "good faith".  It has nothing to do with Rodgers.  None of the other teams in the league or negotiating a deal with him either.  What does that tell you?  

Dunno if you fans really want Rodgers I'd be a little nervous about now.  Carton is right the longer this drags out the less likely he'll be a Jet.  Would love to hear what you have to say when Rodgers gets traded to another team.  Will you be pissed at your GM?  Or will you be well he's just a broken down 39 year old QB that can't play anymore?  Rodgers will be leading a team on a deep playoff run whether it's the Jets, NE, or SF.  Believe it.  He's still one of the top QB's in the league. 

I'm a Jets fan. I'm used to us not being good. So if the trade falls through. Doesn't devastate us as a fan base (or at least me).

I imagine we do turn to trading for the likes of Stafford or something or bring in a guy like Ryan. Who knows... maybe we even kick the tires on Trey Lance if the price is cheap. Likely stay around that .500 mark again this year add 3 more goods pieces with the 13, 42 and 43rd picks. And continue to build this young roster that we have going. Try again for a vet QB next year perhaps. You never know what could happen. Every year now there seems to be 2 or so guys that get moved at QB that are good starters. So try again next year.

Jets fans are pretty much the most dedicated fans there is. We've been pretty bad for the most part for decades yet still are among the top teams in most grossing categories for teams. Fans might be pissed about missing out on AR. But we'll still show up and support the team. And the more the asking price gets crazy that GB asks.... the more Jets fans are ok with moving on.

For me if I hear GB is demanding 42 and a 1st next year and isn't budging off that. I'm totally ok with moving on from him.

• Like 1