Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

54 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This place is going to be a real hoot when Aaron decides he wants no part of the AFC on a team that even with him will still be slated behind the Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals and their QBs. You can probably throw the Chargers in there too and possibly the Dolphins if Tua is keeps playing. Rodgers tells the Packers he wants to keep playing in Green Bay with some of his pals where he feels he can still be the top QB in the conference even at age 39. Take a look at the NFC, it ain't pretty. Rodgers will talk of some of the bad luck they encountered, the injuries (his, Bakhtiari, Gary), the difficult adjustment to young receivers, and how excited he is about them going forward with a year under their belts.

Yes, it's that simple. If Rodgers insists on staying put, in the end he'll get his way. He'll work with them on his deal and play it off as to how dedicated he is to the organization and Jordan Love will be sent on his way. Sounds nightmarish, especially if Love goes on to have a successful career, but it is very likely what will unfold.

It's wild that things have basically reached the point that everyone thinks it's a foregone conclusion that Rodgers is going to be traded. No one seems to be talking about the possibility of Rodgers continuing to play in Green Bay anymore. That's what makes the coming reaction when he stays and Jordan is moved so interesting to anticipate.

It's possible.  I wouldn't be too upset if he comes back.  However trading Love would be a huge mistake.  Only way it wouldn't is if we could recoup a 1 which isn't going to happen.  Spent 3 years developing this guy.  Ship him out when Rodgers is year to year?  So we ship out Love and Rodgers retires next year then what?  Bad plan.  Only reason to hang on to Rodgers is if we can win a championship with him.  Personally I don't think we can (doubt the Packers brass does either) so what's the point?  

You've been on the keep Rodgers trade Love thing for a few years now.  Problem is Love has no trade market.  Why he's still a Packer.  After failing to make the playoffs this year things have changed.  When the Packers were a contender he had leverage.  We aren't a contender anymore.  Rodgers really wants to be a Packer he'd have to re do his contract.  Not just a restructure pushing us into cap hell in the future.  Do a Brady type thing put your money where your mouth is.  Take a cut to something reasonable and give the Packers some flexibility to surround him with more players.  Only way it would make sense.  Will he?  Or would he rather get paid and go somewhere else?  

Reason everyone is talking about moving on is because it makes sense.  After failing repeatedly to reach the Superbowl and coming off of a losing season it seems highly unlikely bringing the gang back will yield any different results.  2023 season is going to suck whether Rodgers comes back or not.  This team needs to get out of cap hell and rebuild.  Redgers is one of my all time favorite players.  But it's time. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I don't buy the notion that Rodgers would rather be in the NFC because he feels he can't compete with the young AFC QB studs. If Rodgers feels he can't compete with the top guys, that is what would make him retire. 

This. Any logic that contains the idea that Rodgers doesn't want to play in the AFC because of those QBs fails to understand who Rodgers is as a person and thus shouldn't be relied upon as useful conjecture.

• Like 2

Ol Rodg wants no part of an AFC team?  AFC has nothing to do with it.  He won't go to a rebuild, he'll be happy with a number of AFC teams if they're willing and able to commit to winning right now.  This coming and the next year in the least.  Just so happens there are a few such teams that are in that position and needing better play at QB.

All the Packers have to do is give Ol Rodg tough love mixed with reality and common sense.  Cobb gone, Lewis gone, Tonyan possibly gone, Jones possibly gone, Crosby possibly gone.  Deal with it.

Raiders, Titans, Jets.  Miami if Tua retires.  Maybe even more options.

He can take the above guys with him, or in the least a couple of them.

Edited by 15412

43 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Mr Anonymous is already trying to get out ahead of having been wrong about the Packers getting rid of Love before Rodgers I see.

By continuing to illustrate how and why Rodgers is going to quarterback the Packers in 2023 while moving Love elsewhere? You really are a special kind of stupid.

40 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

You've been on the keep Rodgers trade Love thing for a few years now.

Need to correct you there. I've been on the here's what's going to happen thing. Far from what I want or have wanted to happen. If I had my way, they would have traded Rodgers for a boatload last year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

By continuing to illustrate how and why Rodgers is going to quarterback the Packers in 2023 while moving Love elsewhere? You really are a special kind of stupid.

I’m not offended by the insult, I’m offended by the fact that this particular insult has been reused and recycled for a decade.

”Special kind of stupid…” has been floating around for 10 years now.

Use something else. Get better. If you’re trying to be the most pompous prick on the forum, you’re going to have to do better than that.

40 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Need to correct you there. I've been on the here's what's going to happen thing. Far from what I want or have wanted to happen. If I had my way, they would have traded Rodgers for a boatload last year.

Yes.  You were adamant that Jordan Love was going to be traded last offseason.  And he wasn't traded.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Certainly possible Rodgers would not desire playing in the AFC. If Rodgers landed with the Jets, battling 3 other very solid teams for division and then 5+ other teams for 3 WC spots.

Bill, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets

Bengals, Steelers, Ravens

Jaguars

Chiefs, Chargers

This might be the key aspect of Rodgers decision....how many of his buddies are retained.

He's already signed off on a subsequent interview that he didnt mean those players named need to be brought back.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I feel fairly confident that Indianapolis isn't dangling the #4 pick for Aaron Rodgers.

You are probably correct, but did you not see the two trades they made the past two years for Wentz and Ryan? 

They are actually, "a special kind of stupid!" 😁