Week 14: Ravens @ Steelers

DreamKid

58 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I kind of think so as well 😅.

A ring might also influence the decision. If we can bring back Houston, keep the DL in tact minus probably JPP (with Ojabo filling in); then I could see him try one legit last ride.

We’re heading into an offseason with few HUGE crazy needs. Grab the offense a nice WR upgrade and grab the defense a nice CB or two with FA or the draft and we’d be in a spot with (hopefully) Lamar to really be able to be a favorite.

But… admittedly, that’s dependent on how much ring chasing he wants to do, dude can still play with his length and smarts alone.

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Peters was way worse today.

Didn't see anything from him other than his usual missed tackles.

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Disagree. Those were low % conversions, 50/50 balls or even less favorable odds. Marlon was tight in coverage, just didn't go his way today. Refs were also ludicrous with their calls.

He contributed against the run too.

You can't say he had a good day when he just gives up catches left and right and commits multiple penalties. "Good" coverage or not.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You can't say he had a good day when he just gives up catches left and right and commits multiple penalties. "Good" coverage or not.

I didn't, just disagreed with him being the "LVP" as you described him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Who said he had a good day? I wasn't really bothered by the reps he lost and he definitely wasn't the worst player out there. The penalty on the goal line was complete BS and he had an offsetting OPI penalty. I don't remember another penalty. There were about 3-4 downfield throws he allowed, and I think 2 we're great plays by the receiver. It's not like he allowed a ton of catches.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

Kind of feel like we lose this game today with Lamar playing solely for the fact that we won this game because we went 3-0 in the turnover department and I just don’t think he would’ve played a turnover free game. Feels like this was the same Ravens/Steelers game he’s lost like 2-3 times in a row because of dumb turnovers.

Dont think the run game could have been really anymore effective than it was today even with him in so it’s a weird scenario where I feel like him playing today and us playing more “open” on offense would’ve been to our detriment 

23 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I didn't, just disagreed with him being the "LVP" as you described him. 

Who had a worse day? I heard Marcus Peters but I don't recall him giving up multiple big catches.

12 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Who said he had a good day? I wasn't really bothered by the reps he lost and he definitely wasn't the worst player out there. The penalty on the goal line was complete BS and he had an offsetting OPI penalty. I don't remember another penalty. There were about 3-4 downfield throws he allowed, and I think 2 we're great plays by the receiver. It's not like he allowed a ton of catches.

He had another DPI get called in the red zone IIRC.

Who played worse today, in your opinion?

16 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Kind of feel like we lose this game today with Lamar playing solely for the fact that we won this game because we went 3-0 in the turnover department and I just don’t think he would’ve played a turnover free game. Feels like this was the same Ravens/Steelers game he’s lost like 2-3 times in a row because of dumb turnovers.

Dont think the run game could have been really anymore effective than it was today even with him in so it’s a weird scenario where I feel like him playing today and us playing more “open” on offense would’ve been to our detriment 

Lamar's played 3 games against the Steelers. The difference between a winning record against them and a losing record is that 2 point conversion attempt last year.

If we're extrapolating based on that for teams that are different on both sides, I going to confidently state that we win this game easily with Lamar. How many regular season games has Lamar put up 16 points or less? I think it is like 2 out of 59 games that he played half more of the snaps.

Man... We don't need nunna this energy after a win over the Steelers

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Weird take 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Lamar's played 3 games against the Steelers. The difference between a winning record against them and a losing record is that 2 point conversion attempt last year.

If we're extrapolating based on that for teams that are different on both sides, I going to confidently state that we win this game easily with Lamar. How many regular season games has Lamar put up 16 points or less? I think it is like 2 out of 59 games that he played half more of the snaps.

Man... We don't need nunna this energy after a win over the Steelers

I have great energy right now lol. I was just posting what was on my mind. Very clearly speculating. You don’t have to agree. But you don’t have to take every post about Lamar as some giant slight on his career or an affront to his legacy, or tell me what kind of energy i’m bringing. 

I happen to think our best way to beat the Steelers is fewer possessions and grind out wins like today. That’s not super compatible with the more possessions/more yards/but more turnovers type of offense we’ve seen under Lamar against the Steelers the last few times out IMO

Happy we won. Obviously think Lamar is a better QB than Huntley. Vocalizing an observation about how recent Ravens/Steelers games have gone. That cool with you?

4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Weird take 

And you can disagree.

Every time we play Pittsburgh they make those dumb 20/80 miracle throws downfield seem routine against us. Feels like the higher scoring/more possession games in this series usually go in their favor because we usually end up turning it over at the end or do something dumb once they play renegade while they connect on a big random play at the end.

The offense being forced to essentially run every play and shorten the # of possessions today without Lamar feels like it led to a more complementary approach to win those grimy games we always find ourselves in at Heinz

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I have great energy right now lol. I was just posting what was on my mind. Very clearly speculating. You don’t have to agree. But you don’t have to take every post about Lamar as some giant slight on his career or an affront to his legacy, or tell me what kind of energy i’m bringing. 

I happen to think our best way to beat the Steelers is fewer possessions and grind out wins like today. That’s not super compatible with the more possessions/more yards/but more turnovers type of offense we’ve seen under Lamar against the Steelers the last few times out IMO

Happy we won. Obviously think Lamar is a better QB than Huntley. Vocalizing an observation about how recent Ravens/Steelers games have gone. That cool with you?

Not especially cool, no. You are the one who decided to make up some thread about Lamar. Speculating that we benefitted from Lamar not being there when Anthony Brown was in the decisive drives is not a respectable or valid opinion. It just comes across as a part of a long running trend of negging by you and a select couple other posters on here, that is frankly just become tiresome at this point. So, I'm not a fan of the energy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Not especially cool, no. You are the one who decided to make up some thread about Lamar. Speculating that we benefitted from Lamar not being there when Anthony Brown was in the decisive drives is not a respectable or valid opinion. It just comes across as a part of a long running trend of negging by you and a select couple other posters on here, that is frankly just become tiresome at this point. So, I'm not a fan of the energy.

So...mute me then?

Don’t know what to tell you man. Gonna post my thoughts. Clearly you can’t handle them without getting bent out of shape. Go Ravens!

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

So...mute me then?

Don’t know what to tell you man. Gonna post my thoughts. Clearly you can’t handle them without getting bent out of shape. Go Ravens!

You are also free to mute my criticism of your takes as well. Maybe get rid of the cuck energy in your avatar if you are presuming to support the Ravens.

16 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

And you can disagree.

Every time we play Pittsburgh they make those dumb 20/80 miracle throws downfield seem routine against us. Feels like the higher scoring/more possession games in this series usually go in their favor because we usually end up turning it over at the end or do something dumb once they play renegade while they connect on a big random play at the end.

The offense being forced to essentially run every play and shorten the # of possessions today without Lamar feels like it led to a more complementary approach to win those grimy games we always find ourselves in at Heinz

I'm not gonna bash ya, it's just a fairly elaborate hypothetical. Lamar has scored 19 and 24 points in his 2 losses to PIT, so I'm pretty confident he could have scored in the 20s today. There could be extra possessions and that could possibly lead to more Steelers points, or not. Lamar should be back for the next Steeler game in BAL, so we'll see how he does (presuming Stanley and the RBs are healthy then too).  

• Like 1