Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Washington Commanders

J-ALL-DAY

12 minutes ago, adamq said:

Didn't see much of it, but great win! Nice to see the offense put up points even without Deebo. Also glad to see them take the load off CMC a bit, we can thrive without 1 of the big 4 weapons but not without 2 of them

I'm curious if they would have been more open to trading deebo this offseason if they already had CMC 

• Like 4

What also impresses me about Purdy is the plays where he displays his instincts. EG 

-The one play where he scrambled 10 yard back but made the Commanders player miss and ultimately threw the ball out of bounds

-Anoher play where we had OL down the field in the RZ on a botched screen. He knew it would be a penalty if he threw it so he got as much yardage as he could and ran out of bounds. It was a loss, but still, good awareness

-End of the game, up by 10, Shanny dials up a pass. He tucks the ball and takes the sack. Keep the clock running and avoids a turnover worthy play

Its plays like these that matter almost as much as the TD's/1st downs. All of them avoided disasters and its on Purdy's instincts

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 4

At this point, it's Purdy from here on out. Even if Jimmy is healthy, we have to roll with Brock. He gives us the best chance to win. I'm not waiting for the other shoe to fall like with Jimmy. I have supreme confidence that he won't **** it up. 

Even down to the throws that he's willing to take/make that Jimmy either wouldn't or couldn't. Crazy that a rookie Mr. Irreverent looks more poise and consie.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

At this point, it's Purdy from here on out. Even if Jimmy is healthy, we have to roll with Brock. He gives us the best chance to win. I'm not waiting for the other shoe to fall like with Jimmy. I have supreme confidence that he won't **** it up. 

Even down to the throws that he's willing to take/make that Jimmy either wouldn't or couldn't. Crazy that a rookie Mr. Irreverent looks more poise and consie.

Yeah, kudos to those who didn't think there would be a big difference. I'm pretty surprised there hasnt been, and I've never been a big Jimmy supporter

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, kudos to those who didn't think there would be a big difference. I'm pretty surprised there hasnt been, and I've never been a big Jimmy supporter

It’s been a crazy ride. Going from a cruel end of a season to immediately performing game by game analysis on whether or not the last pick in the draft is a viable long term starter for a championship contender was not the script I expected.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

It’s been a crazy ride. Going from a cruel end of a season to immediately performing game by game analysis on whether or not the last pick in the draft is a viable long term starter for a championship contender was not the script I expected.

Mind, that was right after he and Mason couldn’t get a handoff right in garbage time and he spent most of the preseason looking spunky, but dangerously likely to turn the ball over. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Listening to rob guerrera after the game and he brought up something that I think has been kicked around a little bit at times by various people, but he started talking about how it seemed like the teams just likes Jimmy and Brock more than they like Trey. Think that is super interesting that some people are feeling that because I get where that is coming from. 

How so? Is this in reference to Lance's character? 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

How so?

I think it's just more of the "vibes" thing, and the opinion that players have been more vocal in their support and pumping up Purdy (and Jimmy) over Lance. 

Like, how often can you think of anyone (besides aiyuk, I guess) really seeming chummy with Lance or going out of their way to praise him? I think that was more or less the point

• Like 1