Week 16 Gameday Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

30 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So your complaint comes after a SNF game involving the Bucs? Gotcha. 

It was never about the games being nationally televised but the fact a 7-9 Division winner WTF was getting a Home playoff game vs a 11-5 Bucs team. 

Ironically the same scenario in reverse that the NFCS winner is heading towards vs a 12-5, 13-4 Dallas team (most likely).

NFCE is full of Cowboys, Eagles and Giants fans. Of course that will get more attention and hate then Bucs, Falcons, Saints, Panthers. 

Especially because no matter how bad the NFCE is, they are always prime time. Kind of like Denver this year. 

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If I’m an offensive coach, I want the Washington job. The defense is set and you’re not stuck with a Zach Wilson.

They need to resign Payne though.

I was talking about QBs. I don’t think Rivera is getting fired. They’d be dumb or Saleh. They aren’t the problem. 

Damn this ain't good. Apparently Risner misheard Rypien and thought Rypien said "pick it up" in regards to blocking better instead of "pick him up" in regards to helping Wilson up after he goes down. Whether that's true or just some damage control by Risner, it's still a bad look for him, and the team overall. Credit to Wilson for going over to his OL afterwards to try and smooth the situation over. With all the **** he's taken he's never changed. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Which awards do you think are all but locked up and which awards do you think are up for grabs in the last two weeks? 

I don't know about "locked up", but I think Nick Bosa and Justin Jefferson have decent leads in DPOY and OPOY races.  Sauce is way out ahead in the DROY betting odds, so I think that is a safe bet. 

MVP is likely down to Mahomes / Burrow and the last two weeks could certainly shape that. 

OROY is probably going to be a toss up between Wilson / Olave depending on if the latter plays the last two weeks. 

Coach of the year is still up for grabs, but I think that is going to come down to Sirianni and Shanahan. Guys like Daboll, O'Connell will still get some love

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Which awards do you think are all but locked up and which awards do you think are up for grabs in the last two weeks? 

Jefferson/Bosa seem to be no-brainers for OPOY/DPOY, but with the MVP race being a bit of mess maybe this is the year a non-QB can win?

• Like 2

MVP is clearly Mahomes' to lose at this point. If he finishes these last two games strong, there will be no argument. If he has a terrible game or two, I could maybe see Burrow slipping in with super strong performances to end the season, (or Hurts if they both absolutely crash and burn), but I do think Mahomes needs multiple-pick games for that to happen.

I don't think Allen is in the race anymore tbh, no disrespect. 

Jefferson is never winning MVP with single digit TDs especially when the record he is setting was just set last year by a better season. I get the "vote to give him a nod" kind of thing, but it's really silly at this point to consider him a real contender. 

edit - im posting under the influence apparently - sorry I thought kupp set it last year, but point is still relevant I think. 

Edited by Soggust

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

MVP is clearly Mahomes' to lose at this point. If he finishes these last two games strong, there will be no argument. If he has a terrible game or two, I could maybe see Burrow slipping in with super strong performances to end the season, (or Hurts if they both absolutely crash and burn), but I do think Mahomes needs multiple-pick games for that to happen.

He's definitely the front runner. He's actually more favored to win that award than Bosa and Jefferson are to win DPOY / OPOY. However,  due to the visibility of the QB position I think there is more volatility and narratives play a more prominent role.  If Cincinnati ends up with the 1 seed with wins over Mahomes / Allen, I think that there's a chance that he pushes this. On a micro level, Mahomes is pretty much better across the board, but if Burrow can keep the TDs close (41 - 39 now) and get the team bump, I think it becomes more interesting, especially with the Buffalo game on monday night. 

I don't think Hurts has a shot unless he comes back...Not sure where Allen stands in this. He went through that weird down stretch and I had pretty much written him off. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's definitely the front runner. He's actually more favored to win that award than Bosa and Jefferson are to win DPOY / OPOY. However,  due to the visibility of the QB position I think there is more volatility and narratives play a more prominent role.  If Cincinnati ends up with the 1 seed with wins over Mahomes / Allen, I think that there's a chance that he pushes this. On a micro level, Mahomes is pretty much better across the board, but if Burrow can keep the TDs close (41 - 39 now) and get the team bump, I think it becomes more interesting, especially with the Buffalo game on monday night. 

I don't think Hurts has a shot unless he comes back...Not sure where Allen stands in this. He went through that weird down stretch and I had pretty much written him off. 

I totally agree he will get a bump if the Bengals win and Burrow plays well. I was actually hoping Burrow's odds would be down after a 2 INT game last week, so I could bet his MVP future (planning to cash out after he plays well vs Bills), but alas - he actually increased in odds this week lol.

I just think that unless Mahomes falls down the stretch, it's going to be really hard to look back at the end of the year and argue for a guy with less TDs (39:41), more Turnovers (14:11 currently), throwing 30 less YPG with a worse W/L record and some might argue better weapons (I don't like this argument, but I think people will make it). 

I get people have Mahomes fatigue, but it's really just trying to find reasons to discredit the obvious choice at this point, imo.

• Like 1