MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

Monday January 2nd, 2023
8:30pm EST

I know it's early, but I'm excited about this one: the first meeting between Joe Burrow and Josh Allen. This could potentially be a playoff preview - if either team hopes to get to the Super Bowl, they may well have to take care of the other along the way.

Bengals are one game behind Buffalo and KC for the #1 seed; this is a huge game. Burrow is maybe on the hottest streak of any QB in the league lately. Outside of the QBs, I'm looking forward to seeing the Bills defense matching up against Chase, Boyd, Higgins et al. Bills have allowed huge games to star WRs this season; how will they deal with this group? Cincy's o-line has vastly improved over the course of the year - Buffalo's pass rushing unit has been depleted even as their coverage seems to have gotten better after Tre White returned to the lineup. 

Who takes this bout?

tfqsdfxlhdgqf44qjdof

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

A lot bigger game for the Bills than the Bengals. 

Excited.

Not really.  The Bills have clinched the East, and the Ravens are a game back of the Bengals.  While the Bengals can get in simply by winning the Week 18 game against the Ravens, they still have just as much to play for, seeing as the winner has the inside track for the second seed, and if the Chiefs lose, the winner gets the 1 seed.

• Like 2

Just now, INbengalfan said:

Not really.  The Bills have clinched the East, and the Ravens are a game back of the Bengals.  While the Bengals can get in simply by winning the Week 18 game against the Ravens, they still have just as much to play for, seeing as the winner has the inside track for the second seed, and if the Chiefs lose, the winner gets the 1 seed.

I hear ya. I just think the 1 seed is more important than a 2 seed. And i already assume a Cinci win against the Ravens to win the division haha

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I hear ya. I just think the 1 seed is more important than a 2 seed. And i already assume a Cinci win against the Ravens to win the division haha

If we pull this one out, we'd have beaten both the Bills and Chiefs and would be in line for the 1 as well.

2 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

If we pull this one out, we'd have beaten both the Bills and Chiefs and would be in line for the 1 as well.

I’m also assuming KC won’t lose another game. I don’t think the one seed is in play for the Bengals at this point. 

The Chiefs play the Broncos and Raiders lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’m also assuming KC won’t lose another game. I don’t think the one seed is in play for the Bengals at this point. 

The Chiefs play the Broncos and Raiders lol

It's still better to play the divisionnal round at home than on the road vs KC or Buffalo. And the 7th seed is likely to be much less dangerous than a team like the Chargers or the Ravens in the 6th seed

• Like 1

The Bills have been dreaming about homefield advantage and the #1 seed for the past 3 seasons and I think they close this one out and put themselves in the drivers seat. 

The Bills D has been playing pretty great lately and Allen typically steps up in big primetime matchups. I'll go Bills 31-Bengals 24 but wouldn't be shocked to see Bengals win. 

Why Bills-Bengals saves Week 17 from being worst in NFL history

The 11-4 Bengals and 12-3 Bills will face off on Monday Night Football in Week 17. However, while that matchup may be mouthwatering, Cincinnati and Buffalo is the only game in Week 17 featuring two teams with winning records. This is the second time since the 1970 merger where there is only one game between winning teams in the last two weeks of the season, as pointed out by ESPN Stats & Info.