MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

22 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

@MWil23 Fair enough, though I don't think it's fair to hold one mistake a borderline minor made 9 years ago against him permanently. Some people learn and change from their mistakes, some don't. I think given his track record since then Joe has earned his redemption. 

I don't think anyone who ever raises his hand on a woman deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially when lacking remorse:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahomas-joe-mixon-shows-no-shred-of-remorse-for-punching-a-woman/

Are you sorry about what happened?

Mixon: “I won’t answer that.”

Do you have any regrets at all about anything?

Mixon: "No."

He then settled the case out of court.

He then had an altercation with a parking attendant 2 years later, which he was suspended for, which is minor, but in my opinion goes to show his attitude towards anyone he deems to be beneath him.

There's not an ounce of redemption that I wish for him on the football field. Plus, I think he sucks as a RB and is extremely overrated. He's a career 4.1 YPC runner who found a way to vulture a few touchdowns last year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't think anyone who ever raises his hand on a woman deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially when lacking remorse:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahomas-joe-mixon-shows-no-shred-of-remorse-for-punching-a-woman/

Wrong answer, but he's still a kid here. Below pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

but in my opinion goes to show his attitude towards anyone he deems to be beneath him.

Man, that is a really cynical way of looking at the world.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Plus, I think he sucks as a RB and is extremely overrated. He's a career 4.1 YPC runner who found a way to vulture a few touchdowns last year.

He was excellent in his prime. Running behind terrible lines for your career will do that to your YPC. 

Bottom line is he hasn't had one incident in the NFL and has been a consummate professional and team leader since being drafted. I could list and link the numerous charities Mixon has been involved in over his career, but it wouldn't matter.

If you think this strongly about Mixon, I would think you would've boycotted the Browns by now after signing Watson.

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Wrong answer, but he's still a kid here. Below pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

Ah Saban, the patron saint of passing the buck and suspending guys for a half against Jacksonville State

Man, that is a really cynical way of looking at the world.

I think it’s true

He was excellent in his prime. Running behind terrible lines for your career will do that to your YPC. 

He has gone over 4.1 YPC exactly once in 2018.

Bottom line is he hasn't had one incident in the NFL and has been a consummate professional and team leader since being drafted. I could list and link the numerous charities Mixon has been involved in over his career, but it wouldn't matter.

You’re right, it wouldn’t. The same holds true for Tyreke Hill.

If you think this strongly about Mixon, I would think you would've boycotted the Browns by now after signing Watson.

I’ve made my feelings clear about him for a long time now. My Browns fandom is down about 90% since they acquired him. I have boycotted all Browns merchandise and will essentially waste my time watching them, for free, on the television. Nothing more.

It’s extremely disappointing and yet very predictable given their owner.

I have always been a bigger college fan than the NFL anyway, so my life won’t change much when a bunch of millionaires and billionaires win or lose games.

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

He has gone over 4.1 YPC exactly once in 2018.

I like Mixon as a player better than you do, he isn't at the top but I think he is a very good RB.

It takes a certain kind of man to throw a haymaker at a woman. He would have been wrong to slap her or push her down imo but full force punch to the face is another level. Certain things in life aren't granted second chances with me and that's one of them. Ray Rice also. It's always going to be the first thing I think about when I hear their name. It's a disgusting act that you can't come back from. From me anyway, the NFL lets you sexually assault dozens of women without remorse and welcomes you back. That doesn't mean you can ever make right of what you did. You can just make someone money and that's good enough for the NFL.