MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

Do the 1 seeds really want 21 days between games?  That almost seems like a detriment.  It wouldn't affect the Bills/Bengals if they got it, but that's it.  If i'm the owner for the Chiefs/Eagles/Cowboys, I don't like that idea at all.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

so in this instance they push things back a week for the AFC and not NFC; essentially adding a week. the AFC teams all get a bye while the bills/bengals finish and determine who is the 1,2 and 3 seed. 

while the NFC plays on and gets an extra bye at the end of the season?

EDIT: NFC teams that survive the wild card playoffs would get a bye in week 20 then in week 21 all teams resume playoffs. Sounds like the NFL wants the Bills/Bengals to finish to complete a full schedule but we'll see. 

Sounds like they are over complicating things to me. Apparently their biggest worry is making sure they have multiple games going each week. 

Still better than not finishing the regular season in full though. 

I still believe the full week push back is better and keeps a level playing field for all playoff teams. 

Imagine the draw/viewers a Bills vs Bengals game would get as a stand-alone game for week 19 after all that has happened and all that would be at stake. 😳

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Do the 1 seeds really want 21 days between games?  That almost seems like a detriment.  It wouldn't affect the Bills/Bengals if they got it, but that's it.  If i'm the owner for the Chiefs/Eagles/Cowboys, I don't like that idea at all.

I feel like this route also likely screws the Bengals more than anyone. Assuming the Chiefs win this weekend.

The Bengals would be the only team to definitely not get a bye and maybe the Bills depending on the outcome. Makes no sense to me.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

All to appease 2-3 teams in the AFC. 

40 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

So this is fair for Buffalo/KC as a two seed? You prefer coin flip or making up that game as a playoff game?

I prefer them cancelling the game and moving on. We all knew the ramifications when they chose not to finish the game. Unfortunate but that was their decision. Instead, you are possibly screwing over many other teams to try and right things for one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

All to appease 2-3 teams in the AFC. 

To be fair, I think this more from the NFL stand point then it is appeasing the Bills and Bengals. I highly doubt the Bills or Bengals are seeking special treatment. I would also venture to guess there are members of the Bills who would rather forfeit the last two games then go through all these scenarios. 

20 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

True, but if excessive rest is the only compromise, well, it could be worse.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

It's actually pretty annoying having to repeat myself but for some reason some just cannot grasp the concept. So here we are...

Why do you HAVE TO repeat yourself? Nobody is forcing you to keep saying the same thing over and over. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

so in this instance they push things back a week for the AFC and not NFC; essentially adding a week. the AFC teams all get a bye while the bills/bengals finish and determine who is the 1,2 and 3 seed. 

while the NFC plays on and gets an extra bye at the end of the season?

EDIT: NFC teams that survive the wild card playoffs would get a bye in week 20 then in week 21 all teams resume playoffs. Sounds like the NFL wants the Bills/Bengals to finish to complete a full schedule but we'll see. 

I can't decide if I like this or not. It ensures all games are played but it does create interesting scenarios with the bye weeks. I think I'd be good with it.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

I can't decide if I like this or not. It ensures all games are played but it does create interesting scenarios with the bye weeks. I think I'd be good with it.

I'm sure NFC teams that plan on meeting Philly aren't good with Jalen Hurts getting 3 weeks rest.