MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

No, but the Bengals are potentially getting all the negatives of being a division winner without the positives. The issue is that the NFL has a rule in place for games being cancelled. Instead of following their own rule, they are changing it on the fly. That hurts the integrity of the game.

I don't disagree with any of that. I've been saying since last night when all this came out that the Bengals are getting the short end of the stick, and the coin flip is absolute nonsense 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Why are they even calling the Bengals division winners if they only get the negative aspects of it should they lose to the Ravens and the coin flip?

That said, there's going to be a murder at Paycor this Sunday.  The Ravens are about to walk into a buzzsaw.

Murder?  You do know that's a huge flock of crows right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Murder?  You do know that's a huge flock of crows right?

Ahhhh, got my groups mixed up.  An unkindness of Ravens doesn't have the same ring to it

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Well that is for Cincinnati also. 

Why is this so hard for you to get?  (and I'm quoting this instead of going back five pages to find where you asked about why Bengals fans might be miffed)

It's quite simple for me.  Winning percentage counts for when we are against a team with a higher percentage (but the head to head game was cancelled).  Meanwhile, if we lose to Baltimore AND STILL HAVE A BETTER WINNING PERCENTAGE) we are put in a coin flip for the home game.  Either use winning percentage OR coin flips unilaterally, not where it only negatively affects one team in the scenario.  I'm not even bringing the AFCCG into the conversation.  The neutral field sort of addresses that, and definitely does in the Chiefs win this weekend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Perfect summary from Goodberry here. Explains all Bengals frustration. @BillSabre

If he was listening to Chris Brown and Steve Tasker on WGR I can absolutely see why he needed to pull over. Those guys are condescending goofs and on the Bills payroll. I can only imagine the comments coming out of their mouth. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Why is this so hard for you to get?  (and I'm quoting this instead of going back five pages to find where you asked about why Bengals fans might be miffed)

It's quite simple for me.  Winning percentage counts for when we are against a team with a higher percentage (but the head to head game was cancelled).  Meanwhile, if we lose to Baltimore AND STILL HAVE A BETTER WINNING PERCENTAGE) we are put in a coin flip for the home game.  Either use winning percentage OR coin flips unilaterally, not where it only negatively affects one team in the scenario.  I'm not even bringing the AFCCG into the conversation.  The neutral field sort of addresses that, and definitely does in the Chiefs win this weekend.

I was responding to somebody else’s comment. What I said makes sense and addressed missing or misleading information. 

What’s the problem? 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yes, they quite literally can lol

2 hours ago, LAOJoe said:

If the Bills lose and Bengals win then Cincy will own the SOV tiebreaker.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Bengals win Sunday and Bills lose, both are 12-4.  Going to the 4th tie breaker, Bengals have a 1 game advantage and would be the 2.

My bad 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I was responding to somebody else’s comment. What I said makes sense and addressed missing or misleading information. 

What’s the problem? 

It starts off with "just win and the coin flip issue is dead" part.  There shouldn't be a double standard.  Before this game is played, there is absolutely a double standard.  The coin flip with Baltimore says they AREN"T using winning percentage, while us going as the 3 seed does use the double standard.  We don't even get to the neutral field conversation until the AFCCG.

Do the Bills "have to go out and beat New England" or KC beat LV to even start the neutral field part of the playoff plan?  The Bills and Chiefs are locked into only using the winning percentage while the Bengals are not.  that is the problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

It starts off with "just win and the coin flip issue is dead" part.  There shouldn't be a double standard.  Before this game is played, there is absolutely a double standard.  The coin flip with Baltimore says they AREN"T using winning percentage, while us going as the 3 seed does use the double standard.  We don't even get to the neutral field conversation until the AFCCG.

Do the Bills "have to go out and beat New England" or KC beat LV to even start the neutral field part of the playoff plan?  The Bills and Chiefs are locked into only using the winning percentage while the Bengals are not.  that is the problem.

Also, the pre-existing league policy was to use winning percentage in any singular event like this.  Everything follows that except for..................................... using a coin flip if Cincy loses this sunday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I’m really not trying to argue with you or upset you. The coin flip is literally just the NFL trying to be fair to the Ravens as well. I get that you are frustrated. They were also affected by the cancellation in that scenario. 

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

Also, the pre-existing league policy was to use winning percentage in any singular event like this.  Everything follows that except for..................................... using a coin flip if Cincy loses this sunday.

I agree with you on the coin flip clause being nonsense. Even if it was about being fair to the Ravens, it makes no sense for the coin flip to only apply against the Bengals if the Ravens get the 6 seed. If the Ravens win and move up to the 5 seed (Broncos beat Chargers) they don't get any chance of a home game.

This really does seem to have been put in to the prevent the Bengals and Ravens from resting for a week, since they otherwise have nothing on the line. Probably doesn't change the fact that the Bengals will face a practice squad QB, so we won't get to see this glorious coin flip.

• Like 4