MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

10 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I get where you are coming from. but that's also assuming two things.  The Bills would have won Monday's game and you win tomorrow.  In my heart of hearts, I don't think we lose that game if Hamlin had, say a concussion, or if it had been resumed.  Micah Hyde was out, Poyer was less than 100%, and they had lost two DBs including Hamlin.  

It really doesn't matter what you believe in your heart of hearts. You're a fan. A 4 point lead in the 1st quarter against an explosive offense like the Bills is meaningless. 

Your team had a great 22 point first half the previous week and was shut out the second half throwing a pick six and fumbling away a possession. The idea that you can extrapolate what would have happened in the Bills game based on 1 and a half possessions is completely refuted by your team's performance the previous week. Wild fluctuations mid-game in offensive and defensive efficiency are the norm in the NFL. 

• Like 1

As more reports come out and people talk, it’s looking more and more like the Bengals got screwed.

As the Bengals prepared to continue to play, it eventually became obvious that would not happen. At least one player heard Bills coach Sean McDermott say that the Bills would not continue, even if it meant forfeiting the game.

The Bengals were willing to accommodate the Bills. One player heard Bengals coach Zac Taylor offer to resume the game on Tuesday. Bengals players generally accepted the prospect of a one-day delay.

But then the Bills left Cincinnati. Multiple Bengals players were confused by that development as it occurred. On one hand, they were sensitive to the situation involving Damar Hamlin. On the other hand, they fully realized the stakes of the game. They wanted to get it played.

Source article

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Get ready for shady calls favoring Buffalo as well.

You’re just on a vendetta huh? What exactly did Buffalo do? Did they do something shady? You’re acting like there is some conspiracy going on. Just enjoy the last day of football for your team and go away. 

24 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

You’re just on a vendetta huh? What exactly did Buffalo do? Did they do something shady? You’re acting like there is some conspiracy going on. Just enjoy the last day of football for your team and go away. 

Never blamed Buffalo. Where did I blame them? Improve your reading comprehension.

You honestly think the NFL is above exploiting this to make $$$?

The NFL is desperate for KC/Buffalo round 3 and those pesky Bengals are in the way. They're 3-0 against Mahomes and were beating Buffalo.

Edited by biggie.

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

As more reports come out and people talk, it’s looking more and more like the Bengals got screwed.

Source article

Its almost like Skip Bayless was right and the entire world sensationalized this entire thing over the reality that we'd have to resume everyday life and people were going to be upset if this game wasn't somehow figured out how to finish...

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 1:11 PM, HDsportsfan said:

I don't mean to appear sarcastic, make a joke, or disrespectful towards you. Take a step back, drink a beer, get a massage, or whatever. You seem to be way wound up over this. I say that not to downplay the severity of Damar's issue.

I haven't read this whole thread. But I'm sure someone else has already made some type of post as another accident.

People die every day in cars, working out, running, at the gym, other sports, while there sleeping. Should we all stop doing these activities?

And If I'm going to apparently be "sick" or the "bad guy" Think about all of the other people shutting games down, moving games, the fans, vendors, commerce affected by some of the ideas posted here over the last few days. Yes, again, it sucks. And this would apply to any sport if something similar happened.

LIFE HAS TO GO ON AND IT WILL WHETHER ANYONE IS READY FOR IT OR WANT IT TO. Also, and again, I'd put money on this. I doubt Damar would want anything to change either.

And to add onto this....I would be willing to be if we dug deep enough that at every Super Bowl there was probably a death that had to do with thousands upon thousands of people gathering in the same city. We've all heard and seen the stadium fights, and there have been deaths too. Should we just cancel the NFL? Or there was the incident at Petco park before a Padres game a few months ago, which is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more horrific than this and.......they played the game.

People are either being too dramatic or have never seen something like this. I also think people tend to view the NFL as a game, but in reality it's a business and a job for everyone who isn't an owner. And it is flat out mind boggling that people don't seem to get that there are several companies that don't have the luxury to send employees home when there is some kind of tragic accident, so many wouldn't have stopped playing the game, to carry that analogy forward.

2 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Unfortunately, compassion is not well rewarded in this world.

Greed is.

False compassion like the Bengals displayed isn't a virtue. They are politicking to play a game when Hamlin's life was still in the balance. 

"On one hand, they were sensitive to the situation involving Damar Hamlin. On the other hand, they fully realized the stakes of the game. They wanted to get it played."

So they were sensitive to the situation until they realized it might inconvenience them. At which point, they didn't care about Hamlin and the Bills and only cared about their seeding. On Monday night, when Hamlin's life was on the line. 

19 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

False compassion like the Bengals displayed isn't a virtue. They are politicking to play a game when Hamlin's life was still in the balance. 

"On one hand, they were sensitive to the situation involving Damar Hamlin. On the other hand, they fully realized the stakes of the game. They wanted to get it played."

So they were sensitive to the situation until they realized it might inconvenience them. At which point, they didn't care about Hamlin and the Bills and only cared about their seeding. On Monday night, when Hamlin's life was on the line. 

There was definitely genuine compassion and empathy on the field that night. That's all I really have to say on the matter.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Its almost like Skip Bayless was right and the entire world sensationalized this entire thing over the reality that we'd have to resume everyday life and people were going to be upset if this game wasn't somehow figured out how to finish...

We have the hindsight of knowing he is likely fine (or as fine as you can be after that).. if Hamlin wasn't with us today I think things would be different

Edited by adamq

38 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Or they aren't doctors, therefore can't help Hamlin in any real way. They wanted to do their jobs, NFL people aren't in the business of quitting or not finishing something.

"Wanted to get it played" doesn't mean resume immediately.. just eventually. I think it's reasonable for them not to want the game cancelled

Edited by adamq

52 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

This is pathetic.

• Like 2