GDT- Titans vs. Cowboys - This is a very important game. Maybe the most important.

titans0021

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

All things considered, it was actually a good night. Didn’t embarrass ourselves, figured out the QB for next week, Burks made some plays, some depth guys on defense looked good and we got the loss so either we make the playoffs or probably pick in the top 12.

that was the most watchable titans game in a month. which is hilarious.

• Like 1

It’s weird that we’ve been relatively good for years and that I’m just not all that bothered by this team. This is exactly what I expected in August. Robinson built a below average team, and we’ve delivered perfectly on it. The injuries are tough, but when far and away your two most talented pass catchers are rookies and you have an abysmal OL, what do you expect?

I go into next week way more indifferent than I should be. If we make the playoffs I guess it’s cool? But what does it matter? This isn’t 2019. There’s no hope of this team catching fire and making a run. We’re facing a win and you’re in game and I’m way more excited and interested to see what the offseason looks like.

gonna have some decisions to make about who is QB2 next year. i can't possibly imagine they start malik next week, and if you can't actually trust him to be QB2 then you ultimately have to face up to the fact that it's tough to roll with 3 QBs all season.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

gonna have some decisions to make about who is QB2 next year. i can't possibly imagine they start malik next week, and if you can't actually trust him to be QB2 then you ultimately have to face up to the fact that it's tough to roll with 3 QBs all season.

I suppose an interesting aspect to the conversation that might decide if they just straight up move on from Malik this off-season is if Vrabel even wanted him or if it was purely a JRob pick.

I would think Vrabel was on board with picking him given the importance of that position and 3rd rounders being as premium as they are(usually expect to at least get a decent role player out of one), but who knows.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I suppose an interesting aspect to the conversation that might decide if they just straight up move on from Malik this off-season is if Vrabel even wanted him or if it was purely a JRob pick.

I would think Vrabel was on board with picking him given the importance of that position and 3rd rounders being as premium as they are(usually expect to at least get a decent role player out of one), but who knows.

i would imagine (and sort of hope) we are going to find out more about that across the roster generally, but yeah it's difficult to imagine us picking a quarterback in the top 3 rounds if vrabel wasn't in favor of it.

in general since the interview with amy i've become a lot less sure whether vrabel had much of a role in robinson's firing at all. obviously she can say whatever she wants and it certainly doesn't have to be truthful lol, but given her history of being, shall we say, proactive, i could really see it being mostly her call and vrabel/robinson still being aligned on many things, the AJ brown trade excepted obviously.

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

Assuming Tannehill is back, I'd bet they sign Dobbs for next season and have a camp battle between him and Willis for #2. If Willis wins then that's awesome; he's showing progress. If not then they'll try to sign him to the PS and keep him as long as possible. If he ends up elsewhere, it's a bust of a 3rd. Not horrible, but a bad pick for us.

If they decide to move on from Tannehill, then I'd imagine the same situation but also either drafting another QB in the first couple of rounds or signing another veteran FA to start/compete with Dobbs and Willis.

4 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Was watching the highlights today.

Just came here to say, Treylon is a problem.

Yes he is. Big time player.

I love how we lull defenses to sleep for ~2 qtrs and then start targeting him. It’s like they forget he’s on the field!!

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 11:02 PM, deeluxx3 said:

Yes he is. Big time player.

I love how we lull defenses to sleep for ~2 qtrs and then start targeting him. It’s like they forget he’s on the field!!

Just wait until he starts to turn into a star and gets moved on towards the end of his rookie deal 😅. Seriously though, the dude is a player, as you said Dee, we only seem to target him in the second half. He always makes plays when he gets the chance.