2018 QBs

brooks1957

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It's finally paying off because Jared Goff is playing at an elite level that looks like he's the #1 pick of the draft and taking full advantage of newly acquired skill players like Kupp and Watkins. They were a dumpster fire with all of those elite D-Line guys before that.

While having one of the best defensive coordinators of all time, a HOF coach under Cowher, another great coach in Tomlin, and a future HOF QB in Big Ben.

Not over a franchise QB we shouldn't. That's ludicrous.

Unless we don't have any semblance of offense just like every other Browns team outside of years like 2002 and 2007.

Not with the 1st round draft pick. Those guys can be had later in the draft (Lawson in Cinci for example) or via free agency.

What are you, disagreeing with everything I say without actually listening to what I say? I've been beating the drum (and hammering the current regime) for skipping on picking a QB more than anybody, and we need to take the top QB with our top overall pick this year, that's objectively obvious. We'll have to agree to disagree on the merits of having an elite pass rushing corps after that I guess. Maybe we should let Sashi try to take another 5 receivers...he's great at that.

58 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

*Tin foil fat alert

Maybe the reason Haslam has been meeting with Peyton was really to get ELI here next season???

mindblown.gif

Draft Rosen and let him sit and learn as the #3. 

Peyton in the office and Eli on the field. 

9 hours ago, dawgdish said:

What are you, disagreeing with everything I say without actually listening to what I say?

No, I answered you point by point.

I've been beating the drum (and hammering the current regime) for skipping on picking a QB more than anybody, and we need to take the top QB with our top overall pick this year, that's objectively obvious.

And has been objectively obvious since Tim Couch left Cleveland in the early 2000s. Tell every regime that we've had over the last 15 years because they don't seem to get just how obvious it is.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the merits of having an elite pass rushing corps after that I guess.

Where did I say that we shouldn't have an elite pass rushing corps? It's obviously a great thing. What I SAID was that we should be drafting situational pass rushers in the first round when we have glaring needs at the following positions:

1. QB

2. WR

3. RB

4. CB

5. FS

We aren't in a position to just load up the defensive line when our offense and secondary are literally the worst in the NFL. It's the same logic as drafting JT's replacement in the first round this year...we shouldn't do it.

Maybe we should let Sashi try to take another 5 receivers...he's great at that.

Maybe we should draft them higher than the 5th round, aside from Corey Coleman. Throwing crap against the wall in rounds 5-7 and drafting 5 WR's is nothing more than a desperation move hoping that 1-2 of them stick on a roster and that 1 of them becomes a legitimate starter.

7 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I actually see teddy bridgewater becoming a browns or mccaron .

i think bridgewater would be a better option imo .

You think?...lol

That would be nothing short of a miracle getting him here, especially with what he was saying pre-draft, plus how would it look to do all of this moonlighting with McCarron and we pursue some other guy?

We get Bridgewater though, he is no doubt your Franchise QB

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You think?...lol

That would be nothing short of a miracle getting him here, especially with what he was saying pre-draft, plus how would it look to do all of this moonlighting with McCarron and we pursue some other guy?

We get Bridgewater though, he is no doubt your Franchise QB

Yep, first thing first how ever you should fire Hue Jackson asap .

4 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Well to me hue Jackson should get fired that's for a fact .

the jets have a weaker roster than the browns and they've won. So hue Jackson should leave and NT to sound idiotic but I truly believe the browns should pride nick Saban out of college and get him to be your head coach .

or josh McDaniel 

bridgewater will be a free agent this is his last year with the Vikings . They are gonna resign Keenum .

The difference is, Bowles has lesser players playing at a high level, and we have better players playing at an average/minimal level

46 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

You really want Bridgewater, he is healthy now and cannot even beat out Keenum for the QB job in Minny. He is an average starter at best, an Alex Smith type, who can win games but never take a team to the SB.

Gotta say that this is a terrible take.  I don't even know where to start.  Bridgewater just got healthy from an injury that the majority of folks thought he'd never return from.  Keenum has been the starter almost all year and is playing in the top half of NFL passers week-in-week-out.  The Vikings have been a juggernaut with Keenum at the helm.  Having played in ten games this year, Keenum is 13th in yards, 11th in rating and has a 14/5 ratio.  It really seems like you're trying to create a narrative and I don't know why.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

You really want Bridgewater, he is healthy now and cannot even beat out Keenum for the QB job in Minny. He is an average starter at best, an Alex Smith type, who can win games but never take a team to the SB.

Where do I sign up for an Alex Smith type on the team? Stability and competency at that position would be light years better than what we've had.

13 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Gotta say that this is a terrible take.  I don't even know where to start.  Bridgewater just got healthy from an injury that the majority of folks thought he'd never return from.  Keenum has been the starter almost all year and is playing in the top half of NFL passers week-in-week-out.  The Vikings have been a juggernaut with Keenum at the helm.  Having played in ten games this year, Keenum is 13th in yards, 11th in rating and has a 14/5 ratio.  It really seems like you're trying to create a narrative and I don't know why.

I don't think Bridgewater has proven to be anything special yet. Doesn't mean he can't lead a team to the SB. Keenum this year is playing at a higher level than Teddy ever did so of course you stick with him. Until proven otherwise Teddy is just a middle of the road starter right now with health concerns and a terrible choice of a QB in Hue's system.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think Bridgewater has proven to be anything special yet. Doesn't mean he can't lead a team to the SB. Keenum this year is playing at a higher level than Teddy ever did so of course you stick with him. Until proven otherwise Teddy is just a middle of the road starter right now with health concerns and a terrible choice of a QB in Hue's system.

So what you're saying is you think we can get him for a 2 & a 3.

Just now, dawgdish said:

Where do I sign up for an Alex Smith type on the team? Stability and competency at that position would be light years better than what we've had.

I think I want a great QB. We've been bad long enough that we can handle it a little longer. I'm usually thinking along your lines, get someone competent, build to be a playoff contender and watch meaningful games. I have recently switched to wanting a great QB. Just so much suffering that has been endured I want success for a long period of time and a great QB usually does that. Keep trying until we get one. Or start trying, however you want to look at it.

Archived