BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

44 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think PR and IR have made some really good moves to fix their holes from last season. I don't think it's wise to move on from Dak, but we'll see what they spend the money on.

I think it is. Prescott is one of the few quarterbacks who you can consistently win with in this league, but his salary is also quite prohibitive. Sort of like the Kirk Cousins equivalent in the NFL, justifiable salary for the quality of player, but prevents you from having that extra elite player or two that you can have with a rookie contract QB and those 2 players might be the difference between a playoff and a championship team.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, InjuredReserve said:

Excited to make my formal entrance into this league, at PR's generous invite onto his team. 

Pleasure to see old friends and to those who don't know me (I'm sorry lol). 

Welcome to the party!

• Like 1

I like AJ Dillon a lot but I couldn't justify paying him that much when he's the clear backup in Green Bay. Maybe long term he's got potential once they move on from Aaron Jones but I'm not sure when that'll happen. He's now the 8th highest paid RB in BDL.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Singapore also now has 3 of the 9 highest paid RBs in the league, although I imagine Kareem Hunt should be gone soon.

Yeah with Hunt not really even being mentioned anywhere in the top 100+ Free Agents I think he signs more of a 1 year vet min once someone goes down in Training camp. I needed a solid #2 for this year and going forward. 

As long as Dillon keeps scoring TDs and not fumbling he will do work for us. I can also see him getting more carries as he currently has about a 50/50 split with Jones and Love may need more of a running game than Rodgers did. He also has a shot at being the man in '24 if GB moves on from Jones in his age 30 campaign. 

I took a look at what the Market value and RB Franchise tag value is purported to be for next year ($13M+) and settled on $6K that something I could palate. SO far I have had luck with my RFA signing the last few years and hope it continues.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Blue said:

When somebody gets a chance, could you update the rookie years on the spreadsheet? Bit odd to see 2022 still listed on there for the current draft class.

Where are you seeing 2022?   In the Team workbooks where the cap is calculating?