BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

While Warner and Fitzpatrick both play less important positions, I still consider them cornerstones to my defense for how they open things up for other players. I don't want to homer too hard but I do consider them the top players at their position right now and their ability to wear many different hats gives me so much flexibility on defense.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rackcs said:

While Warner and Fitzpatrick both play less important positions, I still consider them cornerstones to my defense for how they open things up for other players. I don't want to homer too hard but I do consider them the top players at their position right now and their ability to wear many different hats gives me so much flexibility on defense.

I don't fault you for either of those being cornerstones. I still think that the difference between Fitzpatrick and guys like Byard, James, Simmons, Bates, Williams, Baker, and Winfield is more razor thin though.

Warner is IMO the best MLB in the league as well.

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Sure he’s not complete but I would move him up a tier with the chance to continue to ascend. I guess that’s where the incomplete section comes from…

I pretty much just blanket put all of my rookies and 2nd year guys in "incomplete" because there is just a lot to learn about them still

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

I would say Chig Okonkwo did enough last year to be Replacement level with room to improve.

Well good to know others think so. I wasn't sure where to put him just because I could see that Titans offense holding him back.

29 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I pretty much just blanket put all of my rookies and 2nd year guys in "incomplete" because there is just a lot to learn about them still

22 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Well good to know others think so. I wasn't sure where to put him just because I could see that Titans offense holding him back.

22 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Yeah 2nd players were the toughest to place for me 

Yeah I tried to put parentheses around some of those 2nd year players to more or less say they could swing up or down accordingly, such as Thibs, Olave, Zion, and others.

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

How did Bakh go out?  With a scream?  Or a fight?

Or nary a whisper....

I really wanted to hold on to him, but in the end we know he's likely getting cut after this year so he still won't be tradeable and we don't want to keep that cap hit on the roster another season when we can spend that money bringing in/back other players.

ICBR

1) Franchise Cornerstone- RB Nick Chubb, WR Terry McLaurin, Edge Myles Garrett

2) Quality Starter- QB Aaron Rodgers, WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, OT Trent Williams, OG Zack Martin, OG Damien Lewis, Edge Khalil Mack, INT Christian Barmore, INT Teair Tart, CB Greg Newsome III, CB A.J. Terrell, CB Trevon Diggs, S Kyle Dugger

3) Replacement Level Starter- TE Albert Okwugbunam, OT Josh Jones, OC Quinn Meinerz, LB Patrick Queen

4) Depth Player- QB Davis Mills, WR Chase Claypool, TE Brevin Jordan, OT Teven Jenkins, OG Jalen Mayfield, Edge Chase Young, Edge Darrell Taylor, CB Samuel Womack, S Ashtyn Davis

5) Incomplete Evaluation- QB Sam Howell, WR Jordan Addison, WR Jalin Hyatt, WR John Metchie, TE Brenton Strange, OG Joshua Ezeudu, OC Juice Scruggs, Edge Will McDonald, Edge Amare Barno, INT Devonte Wyatt, INT Jaquelin Roy, INT Keondre Coburn, LB Marte Mapu, S Lewis Cine

6) Shouldn't Be Rostered/Practice Squad Player.- TE Tre McKitty, TE Jeremy Ruckert, OG Danny Pinter, CB Caleb Farley

Meinerz is temporary at center for now; Broncos appear to have him at RG. Similarly Josh Jones is mainly a placeholder for now. Damien Lewis I'm probably higher on than most, receiver group is mostly incomplete evaluation at this time. We haven't finished our 3-ups and downs yet, so likely going to see some changes to this lineup. Diggs I viewed in the context of being the third CB on a roster.

• Like 2