BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

37 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Never thought about this.   I usually roll with egg whites for that purpose.  

The fat from the sausage is usually good enough, but either doing breadcrumbs or Parmesan cheese is a nice binding flavor too. Then let it sit overnight.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

The fat from the sausage is usually good enough, but either doing breadcrumbs or Parmesan cheese is a nice binding flavor too. Then let it sit overnight.

@RedGold I also do Parmesan cheese because half of my extended family cannot do gluten.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

@rackcs

I think your Floyd bid is invalid.

You'll need to bid $3,500 per as he signed a contract with 7m average salary after I put my, at the time when he had no irl contract, valid bid in.

I meant to post about this on Monday but work was a beast. We can go about it one of two ways. Either your initial bid is valid and for the purposes of FA this week that is just where the bidding starts or your initial bid was made invalid by him signing a new contract on Monday and in that case there would be no current bids.

I am inclined to go with the former.

9 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Question. Is my Murphy-Bunting contract accurate?

It looks good to me. To decrease years you have to add 5% of the yearly salary to the next salary.

For $2,100 that would be $105 and you increased the salary by $355 to the new amount.

Oh and @EaglesPeteC I will accept you help next week. I'll set everything up for the initial post this Sunday and just have you claim the reserved spots to update the bids.

I got my dates wrong and looks like I am going to Philly next Tue-Fri so will be gone most of the week now.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

Oh and @EaglesPeteC I will accept you help next week. I'll set everything up for the initial post this Sunday and just have you claim the reserved spots to update the bids.

I got my dates wrong and looks like I am going to Philly next Tue-Fri so will be gone most of the week now.

I got you fam 

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It looks good to me. To decrease years you have to add 5% of the yearly salary to the next salary.

For $2,100 that would be $105 and you increased the salary by $355 to the new amount.

To hit the threshold. I think if I only extended by $105, his follow up offer at 3 years would be less money or am I mistaken?

14 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I meant to post about this on Monday but work was a beast. We can go about it one of two ways. Either your initial bid is valid and for the purposes of FA this week that is just where the bidding starts or your initial bid was made invalid by him signing a new contract on Monday and in that case there would be no current bids.

I am inclined to go with the former.

Sounds like something for the Summer rules committee imo and to be clarified in our rules going forward.

My bid was valid and I took on the risk of offering an unsigned IRL player a contract, in anticipation that he (or any of the others I had bid on) may sign a contract IRL during this period. I don't think it makes sense to retrospectively invalidate a bid where there's no precedent.

Now that he has a contract, any bid less than $3,500 made from the point of his details being updated on spotrac, would be invalid as it fails the 50% rule.

For example if a person submitted a 5th year option and between the committee approving, that player signed an extension, we'd still give them the 75% of the 5th year I'm pretty sure. Or would we knock back the 75% of the option and force them to 3up at the extension amount? Has this happened before?

• Like 1