BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

46 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

@SirA1  @RedGold

I've inputted the FA signed into the sheets as of 9 AM this morning.  Also, i think Kyren Williams got signed even though he's already on a team, at least in the sheets

OK. That is fine. I should be home this evening from my work trip and can take a look.

• Like 1

POST FA/PRE TANK POSITION RANKINGS

EDGE

1. Anchorage- Micah Parsons, Hasson Reddick, Aidan Hutchinson, Sam Hubbard, Alex Highsmith, AJ Epenesa, James Houston, Jonathan Greenard

This group is the like the “Journey” of BDL. As much as we hate to admit it, the hits keep on coming. They are going to be a bear to stop.

1. Ivory Coast- Myles Garrett, Khalil Mack, Chase Young, Will McDonald, Amare Barno, Darrell Taylor

This is the only crew that comes close to Anchorage. Garrett is the best EDGE defender in the league. Mack and Young might be better names than production at this point but they pose a major threat to any offense.

1. Rome- Matthew Judon, Jaelen Phillips, George Karlaftis, Andre Carter III

A major tier break between 2 and rest of the group. Judon was amazing last year and I Phillips showed that he might be heading toward the elite category as well. Karlaftis was very impressive as a rookie too. They need depth behind them in the tank.

1. New Orleans- Nick Bosa, Za’Darius Smith, Tyree Wilson, Tuli Tulipolotu, Chase Winovich

Very close to Rome and you can probably convince me they are 3rd. I think Phillips might have overtaken Za Darius at this point and I was much lower on Tyree and Tuli than consensus. Overall a very good group that is formidable for sure.

1. Raleigh- Danielle Hunter, Josh Sweat, Tyus Bowser, Jermaine Johnson, Brandon Graham, Samson Ekubaum, Cam Thomas

3 players with double digit sacks last year, 2 solid rotational guys and a couple of upside players. Overall a group that I am very confident in.

1. Cancun- Cam Jordan, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Greg Rousseau, Dorance Armstrong, Isaiah Foskey 

I could see Thibs and Rousseau taking major jumps this year and making this ranking look silly, but for now hard to put them much higher. Cam Jordan is great but not the elite player he once was. Dorance Armstrong is actually very underrated signing. I wouldn’t fight you too hard if you said this group was over mine.

1. Camden- Montez Sweat, Josh Allen, Boye Mafe, Yannick Ngakoue, Joseph Ossai, Elerson Smith, Carl Granderson

I flip flopped 7 and 8 a few times, so this is very close to me. Sweat and Allen are a good but not great duo. I don’t really see much after that.

1. Greenland- Joey Bosa, Harold Landry, Travon Walker, Drake Jackson, JPP, Myjai Sanders

The injury history of Bosa and Landry put them under Camden to me. Beyond that many players who need to make big jumps this year. I could see this team having a few things break right and making this ranking look silly.

1. Hungary- Maxx Crosby, Will Anderson, Charles Harris, Jadeveon Clowney, Frank Clark, Carlos Dunlap, Michael Clemmons, Kingsley Enagbare, KJ Henry

Crosby is great, but beyond that it’s rookies and players looking for teams. Some nice potential in this group to rise up the ranks.

1. Lancaster- TJ Watt, Felix Aundike Uzomah, Keion White

Yes TJ Watt is this good that on him alone Lancaster ends up at 10. They got some work in the tank to get a group around him though.

1. Baltimore- Brian Burns, Kwity Paye, Odafe Oweh, Tavius Robinson

I am a big Burns fan but he is not an elite player. Paye and Oweh have some upside but another team that needs the Shark Tank to get to a viable group.

1. Berlin- Trey Hendrickson, Yetur Gross Matos, Nik Bonitto, Alex Wright, Patrick Jones, Ade Auguedji, Trevis Gipson, Baron Browning, Zach Harrison

A lot of players here but nothing besides Hendrickson and maybe a little Baron Browning that gets me excited. This ranking actually might be a little too high.

1. Gotham- DeMarcus Lawerence, Nolan Smith, Myles Murphy, Arnold Ebikete, Jordan Smith, Byron Young

Lawrence might be a declining player and it is all rookies and 2nd year guys after that.

1. Singapore- Uchenna Nwousu, Arden Key, Leonard Floyd, Azeez Ojulari, Charles Omenihu, DJ Johnson, DeAngelo Malone

The best players in this group are pretty good. There is a lot of pretty good here: Nwousu, Key, Floyd, Azeez, but nothing that would scare me to defend against.

1. Cuba- Rashan Gary, Lukas Van Ness, Zach Sieler, Rashad Weaver, Janaris Robinson, Isaiah McGuire

Outside of, coming off of injury Rashaan Gary, and Van Ness who I really am not a huge  fan of, Cuba is lacking here. Luckily they have the resources to supplement in the tank.

1. Seoul- David Ojabo, BJ Ojulari, Joe Tryon,Sam Williams, Carlos Basham, Derrick Hall, Payton Turner, Dayo Odeyingbo, Josh Paschal

Seoul sure has a lot of players here…….Are any of them more than role players? Not sure, but there sure are a lot of them

• Like 8