BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@EaglesPeteC fun reading your writeups! I’m sure it was undoubtedly time consuming and your work is appreciated! :) 

It really started as an exercise to see where my team stacked up at each position going into the tank. But this is my down time, so I went all in on it 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:
  1. Greenland- 58

The top WR group puts Greenland in a good spot on this list but with almost no cap space going into the tanks, I feel like they wouldn’t be this high in a post tank list.

I can see this when considering depth.  If all my guys are healthy then number 1 imo (same with D)

So here's to a healthy season and the number 1 team 

wish-me-luck-queen-bean.gif

POWER RANKINGS

1. Anchorage- 65 (Offense 44 and Defense 21) 

Shut up Scoundrel

1. Berlin- 83 (Offense 41 and Defense 43) 

This strong of a ranking plus 34k left to spend in the tank means to me that this team will go far if they get good QB play.

1. Rome 85 (Offense 53 and Defense 32)

Rome will stack up offensively with anyone but has a few defensive holes that could use some patching in the tank.

1. New Orleans- 86 (Offense 60 and Defense 26)

An elite defense and QB with $18 k in cap space to add even more talent to be a serious competitor this season.

1. Ivory Coast- 87 (Offense 51 and Defense 36)

IC’s strengths are in the right places to be a serious contender this year. 

1. Camden- 88 (Offense 47 and Defense 41)

With $26k in space going into the tank, Camden is poised to vault themselves into the conversation with the elite teams. Their biggest question will be the development of Justin Fields.

1. Greenland- 88 (Offense 58 and Defense 30) 

As I mentioned before, this is Greenland at their ceiling. With virtually no cap space left, this is a team I invision not being as good as this ranking suggests.

1. Baltimore- 94 (Offense 57 and Defense 37)

Baltimore is propped up by some lower value areas that they are strong in like Center, Tight End and Safety. If I were factoring in positional value, I don’t think this group would be as high.

1. Cancun- 107 (69 offense 38 defense) 

Cancun is kind of the opposite of Baltimore with the lower value positions dragging them down and making their ranking look worse than it should be. Also armed with $31k in space going into the tank, Cancun probably belongs in the conversation with the top teams.

1. Raleigh- 107 (Offense 62 and Defense 45) 

Lower value positions are helping to prop up the biggest question mark which is QB. I think that I’ve done enough so far this offseason that if I get BDL quality starting play from my QB that is can make a large improvement this season.

1. Lancaster- 114 (Offense 83 and Defense 31)

Lancaster is lacking the depth a lot of others have but have some really great pieces. $21k for the tank should help them out.

1. Singapore- 116 (Offense 63 and Defense 53)

Singapore has a lot of talent, but I wonder what their plan is at QB. With just under $7k in cap space heading to the tank, I hope their plan isn’t to ride with Ridder. Unless a miracle happens at QB, Singapore is likely not a playoff team.

1. Gotham- 119 (Offense 61 and Defense 58)

Gotham went all in on this draft class and has a ton of young talent. Their $13k in cap space should help them out but overall I expect this team to be competitive but not a serious contender.

1. Cuba- 125 (Offense 64  Defense 61) 

With nearly 40k in space Cuba has strong enough pieces to make this ranking look silly by the time the year starts. 

1. Seoul- 127 (Offense 62 and Defense 65) 

Seoul gutted their roster and loaded it with draft capital. They have a ton of young players that we don’t know what they are yet. They also have the most cap space in the league heading into the tank. I can see Seoul’s plan and if they hit on the evaluations (especially on Richardson) this team could be a dangerous one moving forward. As for this year, I expect them being near the top of the draft again.

1. Hungary-  135 (Offense 72 and Defense 63)

With the exception of a few nice young pieces (Will Anderson, Crosby, Metcalf, Hockenson) I see this team as old and past its prime. They took the hit in moving on from Dak and paying less to have Geno, I just don’t see the strength on the rest of the roster. I just don’t see the upside on this team to be much more than middling this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

POWER RANKINGS

1. Berlin- 83 (Offense 41 and Defense 43) 

This strong of a ranking plus 34k left to spend in the tank means to me that this team will go far if they get good QB play.

Guess I have 'expectations' this year.

Awesome work on this Pete.