BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

6 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

2024 Mock using Pete’s rankings

1.15 Berlin- JT Tuimoloau Edge OSU

JT is the type of high upside versatile defender Berlin likes to add to their defense. His best football is ahead of him and would give a piece to Berlin to employ in various fronts. 

I like him quite a bit already and yeah, he is the type of edge I like.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

2024 Mock using Pete’s rankings

1.1 Anchorage (from Hungary)- Caleb Williams QB USC

It’s the right move here if we do in fact hold the number one pick.

1.2 Seoul- Marvin Harrison Jr WR OSU

They get their stud number one and their WR corps continues to grow and help Seoul become competitive.

1.3 Cuba- Drake Maye QB UNC

If Cuba does in fact pick here it’s because Watson doesn’t regain form, not because of the rest of their roster so I have to create a scenario why they would actually be 3rd worst in Pete’s rankings. So here they grab a potential franchise QB in Maye.

1.4 Gotham- Kool Aid McKinstry CB Bama

I don’t think they end up picking here but again rankings… they have a great CB room already but I know it’s a position Whicker really values and what’s cooler than a CB named Sauce? Adding a corner to Sauce named Kool Aid.

1.5 Anchorage (from Singapore)- Brock Bowers TE UGA

I dare go TE this high again after taking Pitts 4 and trading him… well it’s UGA Brock so there is some homer in this pick. And what’s better than picking a UGA player than using a pick from the team owned by the other UGA fan in the league? 

1.6 Lancaster- Dallas Turner Edge Bama

Lancaster moved Bosa and they get his replacement here to pair with Watt. One of the two OT’s in Olu and Alt are well worth this spot but I believe their young group continues to grow and show improvement resulting in Lancaster targeting the defensive side of the ball. 

1.7 Raleigh- Olu Fashanu OT PSU

Raleigh gets great value around where they took a sliding Carter last year. Olu can play RT or LT while the big Eagle plays the other spot giving Bryce Young plenty of time back there.

1.8 Cancun- Emeka Egbuka WR OSU

Probably early for E2 but Cancun needs some WR help and adding him with Olave and Moore is a pretty sweet trio for Mahomes to employ plus receiver is valued more in BDL imo. I could see them continue to look for that number 2 CB but not sure any has emerged yet as being worth this pick here. Alt would be a ND classic match but Tunsil and Broderick Jones answers the tackle position for them.

1.9 Baltimore- Joe Alt OT ND

Dream come true pick here for Baltimore. Sewell can play RT and the top tier prospect Alt slides into LT and they have their book ends for years. 

1.10 Greenland- Cooper DeJean DB Iowa

Greenland goes back to the Iowa defensive unit to add to theirs. DeJean is a jack of all trades type that can be deployed in the secondary to replace 3down Jamal Adams and give them a versatile DB to continue their build of a top tier defense. Verse will get heavy consideration here as the FSU link. 

1.11 Camden- Maason Smith INT LSU

Michael Hall and others will be battling for the first DT off the board but I believe Smith comes back big from injury this year and has a dominant year. So this is more of a projection but Camden could use this presence in the middle of their defense.

1.12 Ivory Coast- Quinn Ewers QB Texas

I’m sure IC would like to build to that pass rush with JT or Jared Verse but the opportunity to grab Rodgers’ successor here at 12 is a great opportunity for this perennial playoff team not to miss a beat.

1.13 New Orleans- Jared Verse Edge FSU

NOLA added Tyree Wilson and have Bosa but having a stable of fresh rushers with top talent can carry a team to the promised land. NOLA is a BPA team and Verse is that here. 

1.14 Rome- Michael Hall Jr INT OSU

Rome needs to add to their interior of their Dline at first I was thinking another receiver for them but they have most of their top guys locked up for a couple years so they grab an immediate difference maker who can penetrate up the middle.

1.15 Berlin- JT Tuimoloau Edge OSU

JT is the type of high upside versatile defender Berlin likes to add to their defense. His best football is ahead of him and would give a piece to Berlin to employ in various fronts. 

1.16 Anchorage- Leonard Taylor lll INT Miami

I add an Oliver replacement here to moonlight with Davis and Vea and give us a nice rotation on the defensive interior.

Round 2 continued:

2.1 Hungary- J.J. McCarthy QB UM

A homer pick for PR. He gets what he hopes is his QBOTF to compete with Levis.

2.2 Seoul- Jeremiah Trotter Jr LB Clemson 

Seoul could use some LBer help and while it’s early for an off ball, Trotter has the ability and the pedigree to be worth this selection for the Seoul defense.

2.3 Cuba- Malik Nabers WR LSU

Cuba does well with LSU receivers and so they grab Nabers here to give them quite a trio with Jefferson and Flowers. Nabers has deep speed and can break tackles. 

2.4 Gotham- Rome Odunze WR Washington

Unsure how many more seasons Tyreek will play, Gotham adds to their talented receiver corps with the talented 6’3 Rome.

2.5 Baltimore (from Singapore)- TreVeyon Henderson RB OSU

This is the pick Baltimore got for Breece Hall and they take their own young talented back here to give their backfield some much needed juice.

2.6 Lancaster- Xavier Worthy WR Texas

Some serious speed for the Lancaster receiver corps to challenge defenses down the field.

2.7 Raleigh- Tony Grimes CB Texas A&M

Raleigh grabs a corner here to add to their group with potential to develop into a number one guy with the aging Slay hitting FA.

2.8 Cancun- Braden Trice Edge Washington 

A BPA pick for Cancun here, Trice adds to their pass rush and gives Cancun one hell of a rotation with a lot of potential.

2.9 Baltimore- Barrett Carter LB Clemson

The other Clemson LBer is very talented and with Wagner hitting FA he can step in and be a second level leader for the Baltimore defense.

2.10 Greenland- Raheim Sanders RB Arkansas

Sanders is a beast and Greenland could use the help in their backfield for depth and also a player who can carry the rock if Barkley doesn’t get extended. 

2.11 Camden- J.C. Latham OT Bama

A dancing bear who can give Camden instant depth and a player who can step in for Lane Johnson or Dion Dawkins who will both have one year left on their deals. 

2.12 Ivory Coast- Jer’Zhan Newton INT Illinois

A bit undersized but very explosive. Newton would give IC an interior penetrator for a formidable defense/pass rush. 

2.13 New Orleans- Kalen King CB PSU

NOLA adds another piece to their defense with the talented King who can make plays on the ball and will benefit from a fierce pass rush in front of him.

2.14 Rome- Jack Sawyer Edge/LB OSU

This is a bit of a projection but Rome figures out how to deploy Sawyer and his versatility to turn him into a weapon to assist their defense. 

2.15 Berlin- Sedrick Van Pran-Granger C UGA

SVP now SVPG, is a very talented Center for the two time champs. Berlin has a young and deep team and in last years draft they were looking to add depth and an heir apparent for Linsley. So they get a top talent here to accomplish that.

2.16 Anchorage- Donovan Jackson OG OSU

I add a top guard prospect here to help fill out the interior of my oline where I have some young unknowns currently and can afford to take the shot on Jackson becoming something nice on the interior.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

2.3 Cuba- Malik Nabers WR LSU

Cuba does well with LSU receivers and so they grab Nabers here to give them quite a trio with Jefferson and Flowers. Nabers has deep speed and can break tackles. 

I’d go Johnny Wilson, WR or maybe double dip at QB. Penix support group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

I’d go Johnny Wilson, WR or maybe double dip at QB. Penix support group.

Wilson is intriguing and I know he’s a FSU guy but he is a guy I think needs more refinement and right now would be in that third round range for me. But it’s early as hell and with his physical ability no doubt he could end up pretty high.

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

And to boot , I'm really good at selecting busts from Washington.  This is a win win for mock drafters everywhere

I’ve drafted three Washington players all on defense. One was a bust in BBK but he was a 7th round pick so it is what it is. The other two were Budda and Vita