BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

QB - Jordan Love - CJ Stroud - Malik Willis - Matt Corral
RB - Tony Pollard - Isiah Pacheco - Kenneth Gainwell - Devon Achane - Deuce Vaughn - Sean Tucker - Jordan Mason
WR - Garrett Wilson - Drake London - Brandon Aiyuk - Kadarius Toney - Romeo Doubs - Jayden Reed - Kayshon Boutte - Jayden Reed - Demario Douglas
TE - Dallas Goedert - Darnell Washington - Teagan Quitoriano
LT - Kolton Miller
LG - Ben Powers - Ryan Bates
C - Corey Linsley - Robert Hainsey
RG - Nate Davis - Spencer Burford - Ed Ingram
RT - Tristan Wirfs - Mike McGlinchey

Edge - Trey Hendrickson - Justin Houston - Baron Browning - Nik Bonitto - Zach Harrison - Patrick Jones II - Yetur Gross-Matos - Trevis Gipson - Alex Wright - Adetokunbo Ogundeji
INT - Quinnen Williams - Derrick Brown - Mazi Smith - DeMarvin Leal - Khyiris Tonga - Siaki Ika - Kurt Hinish - Ta'quon Graham - Tommy Togiai
LB - Tremaine Edmunds - Jordyn Brookes - Kyzir White - Terrel Bernard - Chad Muma
CB - Devon Witherspoon - Deonte Banks - Benjamin St-Juste - DJ Turner - Christian Benford - Eric Stokes
S - Antoine Winfield - Juan Thornhill - Amani Hooker - Camryn Bynum - JL Skinner - Jammie Robinson

I am cautiously optimistic that we will win more games than last year. 

Not gonna lie, I am really happy at the post-Rodgers rebuild.  Got a lot of draft picks and drafted to the strength of the class, used shark tank and waiver wire to get young guys, used FA for vets, cut bloated contracts, throw a lot of darts at a lot of young guys, and figure out a long term answer at QB.  No clue if any of the dart throws will land or either QB is any good, but the rebuild went how I wanted it to in terms of strategy.  I definitely need young guys at DE and CB to grow up quick though.

Also, thank y'all for letting me have McGlinchey, Amani, and Houston for $2,800 combined this shark tank.

• Like 5

Walking into week 1 with this line-up:

QB: Josh Allen
RB: Derrick Henry
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
WR: DJ Moore
Slot WR: Deebo Samuel
TE: Dalton Schultz
LT: Taylor Decker
LG: Joel Bitonio
OC: David Andrews
RG: Mark Glowinski
RT: Braden Smith

DE: Nick Bosa
DT: Jeffery Simmons
DT: Christian Wilkins
DE: Za'Darius Smith
LB: DeMario Davis
LB: Josey Jewell
CB: James Bradberry
CB: Stephon Gilmore
S: Tyrann Mathieu
S: Marcus Maye
Slot CB: Mike Hilton

Considering the cap predicament we were in heading into this offseason, very happy that we'll be putting this side out in week 1. Plenty of veterans and young guys as depth behind this starting group too. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

QB - Jordan Love - CJ Stroud - Malik Willis - Matt Corral
RB - Tony Pollard - Isiah Pacheco - Kenneth Gainwell - Devon Achane - Deuce Vaughn - Sean Tucker - Jordan Mason
WR - Garrett Wilson - Drake London - Brandon Aiyuk - Kadarius Toney - Romeo Doubs - Jayden Reed - Kayshon Boutte - Jayden Reed - Demario Douglas
TE - Dallas Goedert - Darnell Washington - Teagan Quitoriano
LT - Kolton Miller
LG - Ben Powers - Ryan Bates
C - Corey Linsley - Robert Hainsey
RG - Nate Davis - Spencer Burford - Ed Ingram
RT - Tristan Wirfs - Mike McGlinchey

Edge - Trey Hendrickson - Justin Houston - Baron Browning - Nik Bonitto - Zach Harrison - Patrick Jones II - Yetur Gross-Matos - Trevis Gipson - Alex Wright - Adetokunbo Ogundeji
INT - Quinnen Williams - Derrick Brown - Mazi Smith - DeMarvin Leal - Khyiris Tonga - Siaki Ika - Kurt Hinish - Ta'quon Graham - Tommy Togiai
LB - Tremaine Edmunds - Jordyn Brookes - Kyzir White - Terrel Bernard - Chad Muma
CB - Devon Witherspoon - Deonte Banks - Benjamin St-Juste - DJ Turner - Christian Benford - Eric Stokes
S - Antoine Winfield - Juan Thornhill - Amani Hooker - Camryn Bynum - JL Skinner - Jammie Robinson

I am cautiously optimistic that we will win more games than last year. 

Not gonna lie, I am really happy at the post-Rodgers rebuild.  Got a lot of draft picks and drafted to the strength of the class, used shark tank and waiver wire to get young guys, used FA for vets, cut bloated contracts, throw a lot of darts at a lot of young guys, and figure out a long term answer at QB.  No clue if any of the dart throws will land or either QB is any good, but the rebuild went how I wanted it to in terms of strategy.  I definitely need young guys at DE and CB to grow up quick though.

Also, thank y'all for letting me have McGlinchey, Amani, and Houston for $2,800 combined this shark tank.

You've done fantastic, if either Stroud or Love is any good and any one of those rookie corners pans out, you're a top contender for a good long while with your draft pick capital as strong as it is the next two years.

Also can't believe you got McGlinchey and Amani Hooker for so cheap given what other players are getting in Shark Tank.

Just now, WFLukic said:

Walking into week 1 with this line-up:

QB: Josh Allen
RB: Derrick Henry
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
WR: DJ Moore
Slot WR: Deebo Samuel
TE: Dalton Schultz
LT: Taylor Decker
LG: Joel Bitonio
OC: David Andrews
RG: Mark Glowinski
RT: Braden Smith

DE: Nick Bosa
DT: Jeffery Simmons
DT: Christian Wilkins
DE: Za'Darius Smith
LB: DeMario Davis
LB: Josey Jewell
CB: James Bradberry
CB: Stephon Gilmore
S: Tyrann Mathieu
S: Marcus Maye
Slot CB: Mike Hilton

Considering the cap predicament we were in heading into this offseason, very happy that we'll be putting this side out in week 1. Plenty of veterans and young guys as depth behind this starting group too. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, I am annually astounded by the cap gymnastics you manage to pull off. I do think that offensive line is subpar by BDL standards, and you're definitely counting on some older and/or injury-prone guys staying on the field, but I would bet you come out of the gates hot this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

You've done fantastic, if either Stroud or Love is any good and any one of those rookie corners pans out, you're a top contender for a good long while with your draft pick capital as strong as it is the next two years.

Also can't believe you got McGlinchey and Amani Hooker for so cheap given what other players are getting in Shark Tank.

Thank you.  I feel good about at least one QB being a franchise guy and hopefully this trio of rookie corners turns out better than the Byron Murphy, DeAndre Baker, Rock Ya-Sin trio.

OT depth, 3rd safety, and a reliable edge were my biggest veteran concerns going into shark tank.  Landing those three for that cost was unexpectedly fantastic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blue said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, I am annually astounded by the cap gymnastics you manage to pull off. I do think that offensive line is subpar by BDL standards, and you're definitely counting on some older and/or injury-prone guys staying on the field, but I would bet you come out of the gates hot this year.

Very fair assessment.

On your coming out the gates hot bit - after having a quick look at the schedule, I think the only team New Orleans plays this season that made the playoffs last season is Cancun. Obviously there'll be some turnover in the playoff teams this year, but it's some fortuitous scheduling nonetheless, especially with some of those tougher games also being at home rather than away. If Vegas ran BDL markets and posted lines ahead of the season for each game, @Cancun is probably the only game we'd be an underdog in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

On your coming out the gates hot bit - after having a quick look at the schedule, I think the only team New Orleans plays this season that made the playoffs last season is Cancun.

Baltimore actually won our division last year thanks to an infamous Week 12 no-show in a divisional game, but obviously they're under new management. Lancaster also infamously missed the playoffs due to tiebreaker rules in Week 12. But yeah, you don't play anyone outside the division who made the playoffs while we get Anchorage, Rome, AND Cuba.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Blue said:

At the risk of jinxing myself, it's always fun seeing guys that people started in BDL games the previous season and nobody batted an eye at getting cut the following preseason IRL.

My only surprise cut so far is Desmond King. But I understand why he was cut in that new regime and also saves them $3.4M against this years cap. I think he'll land somewhere.

Edit: Looks like King might be signing with the Steelers.

Edited by SirA1

Keep in mind,  these are just rankings on the specific groups.   Just simple numbers and there's curve to make a high QB ranking bump you from a poor OL ranking...  and Interior OL's are your choice.

Offense     QB RB WR TE OT OG OC Total
Cancun     1 5 13 8 4 7 5 43
Berlin     14 13 3 4 2 5 2 43
Rome     5 8 7 11 1 2 10 44
Camden     13 4 2 9 5 4 7 44
New Orleans     4 1 1 7 12 11 11 47
Anchorage     2 12 8 10 3 13 1 49
Cuba     12 6 9 12 6 1 4 50
Raleigh     15 2 15 2 7 6 13 60
Baltimore     7 16 10 5 16 9 3 66
Greenland     9 7 4 15 14 8 9 66
Seoul     16 9 16 1 9 3 14 68
Singapore     11 10 6 3 8 15 16 69
Gotham     8 11 5 16 10 14 6 70
Ivory Coast     6 3 12 13 13 10 15 72
Hungary     10 14 11 6 15 12 8 76
Lancaster     3 15 14 14 11 16 12 85

Cancun QB 1 Patrick Mahomes Malik Cunningham                  
Anchorage QB 2 Joe Burrow Aidan O'Connell                  
Lancaster QB 3 Jalen Hurts Trevor Lawrence                  
New Orleans QB 4 Josh Allen Jimmy Garoppolo                  
Rome QB 5 Justin Herbert Hendon Hooker Matt Stafford                
Ivory Coast QB 6 Aaron Rodgers Davis Mills Sam Howell                
Baltimore QB 7 Lamar Jackson Tyler Huntler Brock Purdy Stetson Bennett              
Gotham QB 8 Dak Prescott Trey Lance Clayton Tune                
Greenland QB 9 Tua Tagovailoa Kenny Pickett Kyle Trask                
Hungary QB 10 Geno Smith Will Levis Jared Goff Skylar Thompson Dorian Thompson Robinson Tanner McKee          
Singapore QB 11 Kirk Cousins Mac Jones Desmond Ridder                
Cuba QB 12 Deshaun Watson Bailey Zappe                  
Camden QB 13 Justin Fields                    
Berlin QB 14 CJ Stroud Jordan Love Malik Willis Matt Corral              
Raleigh QB 15 Bryce Young Daniel Jones Russell Wilson Kyler Murray              
Seoul QB 16 Anthony Richardson Derek Carr                  

New Orleans RB 1 Derek Henry James Conner Raheem Mostert Tank Bigsby              
Raleigh RB 2 Christian McCaffrey Kareem Hunt Chuba Hubbard Ty Chandler Jeff Wilson            
Ivory Coast RB 3 Nick Chubb Miles Sanders Antonio Gibson Ezekiel Elliott Khari Blasingame            
Camden RB 4 Austin Ekeler Damien Harris Rashaad Penny D'Onta Foreman Jerick McKinnon Khalil Herbert Pierre Strong Zach Evans      
Cancun RB 5 Aaron Jones Israel Abanikanda Zander Horvath Thamondre Stevenson Devin Singletary Kyle Juszczyk          
Cuba RB 6 Travis Etienne Samaje Perine Jamaal Williams Zach Charbonnet              
Greenland RB 7 Saquon Barkley Cam Akers                  
Rome RB 8 Alvin Kamara D'Andre Swift Najee Harris Jerome Ford Chase Brown            
Seoul RB 9 Javonte Williams Kenneth Walker Dameon Pierce                
Singapore RB 10 AJ Dillon Josh Jacobs Kyren Williams Zamir White James Cook            
Gotham RB 11 Bijan Robinson Clyde Edwards-Helaire Caleb Huntley Elijah Mitchell              
Anchorage RB 12 Jonathan Taylor Breece Hall Eno Benjamin Tyjae Spears Roschon Johnson Kendre Miller Isaiah Spiller        
Berlin RB 13 Tony Pollard Deuce Vaughn Sean Tucker Devon Achane Jordan Mason Isiah Pacheco Kenneth Gainwell        
Hungary RB 14 Joe Mixon Dalvin Cook Darrynton Evans Evan Hull Raschaad White Brian Robinson Eric Gray        
Lancaster RB 15 David Montgomery Jahmyr Gibbs Tyler Allgeier                
Baltimore RB 16 Alexander Mattison Cordarrelle Patterson JK Dobbins Hassan Haskins Jaylen Warren Michael Carter          

New Orleans WR 1 Deebo Samuel DJ Moore DeAndre Hopkins Rashee Rice Wan'Dale Robinson Curtis Samuel Charlie Jones Michael Wilson      
Camden WR 2 AJ Brown Cooper Kupp Gabriel Davis Terrace Marshall KJ Hamler Isaiah Hodgins Nico Collins Mack Hollins Trey Palmer    
Berlin WR 3 Drake London Garrett Wilson Brandon Aiyuk Kadarius Toney Romeo Doubs Demario Douglas Kayshon Boutte Jayden Reed      
Greenland WR 4 Chris Godwin Stefon Diggs Ceedee Lamb Van Jefferson Christian Watson Odell Beckham Jr.          
Gotham WR 5 Tyreek Hill Christian Kirk Tee Higgins Alec Pierce Dez Fitzpatrick Marquez Valdes-Scantling          
Singapore WR 6 Davate Adams Michael Gallup Jerry Jeudy DeVonta Smith Kendrick Bourne Jakobi Meyers Jauan Jennings        
Rome WR 7 Amari Cooper Jaylen Waddle Juju Smith-Schuster Keenan Allen Jonathan Mingo Josh Palmer Khalil Shakir        
Anchorage WR 8 Marquise Brown Ja'Marr Chase Jaxon Smith-Njigba Treylon Burks Jameson Williams Tre Tucker Jalen Reagor Laviska Shenault Josh Downs Erik Ezukanma A.T. Perry
Cuba WR 9 Calvin Ridley Puka Nacua Justin Jefferson Zay Flowers Marvin Mims Rondale Moore Tyquan Thornton        
Baltimore WR 10 Mike Evans Jahan Dotson Darnell Mooney Devin Duvernay Jalen Tolbert KJ Osborn Anthony Schwartz Kevin Austin      
Hungary WR 11 DK Metcalf Tyler Lockett Donovan Peoples-Jones Larvis Landry Danny Gray Calvin Austin Bryce Ford-Wheaton        
Ivory Coast WR 12 Terry McLaurin Jordan Addison Chase Claypool Jalin Hyatt John Metchie Amon-Ra St. Brown          
Cancun WR 13 Mike Williams DJ Chark Chris Olave Elijah Moore Andrei Iosivas Lance McCutcheon Nick Westbrook Velus Jones      
Lancaster WR 14 Tyler Boyd Michael Pittman Jr. Skyy Moore DeVante Parker Quez Watkins Cedric Tillman Dyami Brown Kyle Philips Ben Skowronek    
Raleigh WR 15 Courland Sutton Diontae Johnson Michael Thomas Darius Slayton Quentin Johnston Tutu Atwell Jalen Guyton David Bell Hunter Renfrow Justyn Ross  
Seoul WR 16 Allen Lazard Zay Jones Brandin Cooks Mecole Hardman George Pickens Tyler Scott Tank Dell        

Seoul TE 1 Travis Kelce Pat Freiermuth Trey McBride                
Raleigh TE 2 Mark Andrews Robert Tonyan Jr. Noah Fant                
Singapore TE 3 Darren Waller Sam Laporta Irv Smith Donald Parham Jonnu Smith Davis Allen          
Berlin TE 4 Dallas Goedert Darnell Washington Teagan Quitoriano                
Baltimore TE 5 George Kittle Connor Heyward                  
Hungary TE 6 TJ Hockenson Ian Thomas Daniel Bellinger Zach Kuntz              
New Orleans TE 7 Dalton Schultz Hayden Hurst Hunter Henry Jake Ferguson Tyler Conklin Luke Schoonmaker          
Cancun TE 8 Mike Gesicki Foster Moreau Michael Mayer Kylen Granson Hunter Long Charlie Kolar Josh Whyle        
Camden TE 9 Kyle Pitts Gerald Everett Tyler Higbee                
Anchorage TE 10 David Njoku Tommy Tremble Cole Turner Isaiah Likely              
Rome TE 11 Dalton Kincaid Luke Musgrave Cade Oton Zach Ertz              
Cuba TE 12 Dawson Knox Jelani Woods                  
Ivory Coast TE 13 Evan Engram Albert Okwuegbunam Tre McKitty Brenton Strange Brevin Jordan Jeremy Ruckert          
Lancaster TE 14 Greg Dulcich Tucker Kraft Chig Okonkwo                
Greenland TE 15 Cole Kmet                    
Gotham TE 16 Adam Trautman Juwan Johnson                  

Rome OT 1 Ryan Ramczyk Tyron Smith Terron Armstead Bernhard Raimann Nicholas Petit-Frere Rob Havenstein Carter Warren        
Berlin OT 2 Kolton Miller Tristan Wirfs Mike McGlinchey                
Anchorage OT 3 DJ Humphries Ikem Ekwonu Andrew Thomas Austin Jackson Terence Steele Matt Waletzko Spencer Brown        
Cancun OT 4 Laremy Tunsil David Bakhtiari Broderick Jones Calvin Anderson Yosh Nijman            
Camden OT 5 Dion Dawkins Lane Johnson Teven Jenkins Lucas Niang Max Mitchell Tyler Steen Charles Leno Zach Tom      
Cuba OT 6 Mekhi Becton Charles Cross Darnell Wright Jonah Williams              
Raleigh OT 7 Jack Conklin Jack Driscoll Andre Dillard Jordan Mailata Wanya Morris            
Singapore OT 8 Orlando Brown Kaleb McGary Jedrick Willis Alaric Jackson Yodny Cajuste Sidy Sow          
Seoul OT 9 Ronnie Stanley Tytus Howard Donovan Smith Anton Harrison Dawand Jones Jaelyn Duncan          
Gotham OT 10 Taylor Moton Jake Matthews Paris Johnson Jackson Carman              
Lancaster OT 11 Evan Neal Trevor Penning Jawaan Taylor Samuel Cosmi Joseph Noteboom Braxton Jones Thayer Munford        
New Orleans OT 12 Taylor Decker Braden Smith Abraham Lucas Cam Robinson Colton McKivitz            
Ivory Coast OT 13 Trent Williams Josh Jones Isaiah Wynn Dillon Radunz Chukwuma Okorafor            
Greenland OT 14 Rashawn Slater Christian Darrisaw                  
Hungary OT 15 Trenton Brown Garett Bolles Brian O'Neill Duane Brown Walker Little Daniel Faalele Taylor Lewan Blake Freeland      
Baltimore OT 16 Penei Sewell Morgan Moses Dan Moore                

Cuba OG 1 Elgton Jenkins Wyatt Teller Ezra Cleveland Alec Lindstrom Cole Strange            
Rome OG 2 Chris Lindstrom Mike Onwenu O'Cyrus Torrence Laken Tomlinson              
Seoul OG 3 Joe Thuney James Daniels Alijah Vera Tucker Cody Mauch Dylan Parham Liam Eichenberg          
Camden OG 4 Quenton Nelson Cody Whitehair Cesar Ruiz Sean Rhyan Ben Cleveland            
Berlin OG 5 Ben Powers Nate Davis Ryan Bates Spencer Burford Ed Ingram            
Raleigh OG 6 Isaac Seumalo Landon Dickerson Matthew Bergeron Dalton Risner Nick Saldiveri            
Cancun OG 7 Zion Johnson Calvin Throckmorton Cordell Volson Nick Gates              
Greenland OG 8 Trey Smith Kenyon Green Aaron Banks                
Baltimore OG 9 Alex Cappa Andrew Norwell Kevin Dotson Luke Goedeke Jonah Jackson            
Ivory Coast OG 10 Zach Martin Damien Lewis Jalen Mayfield Joshua Ezeudu              
New Orleans OG 11 Joel Bitonio Conner McGovern Halapoulivaati Vaitai Mark Glowinski              
Hungary OG 12 Brandon Scherff Andrus Peat Darian Kinnard Brady Christensen Anthony Bradford            
Anchorage OG 13 Jon Runyan Logan Bruss Jamaree Salyer Braeden Daniels              
Gotham OG 14 Shaq Mason Kevin Zeitler Peter Skoronski                
Singapore OG 15 Will Hernandez Jamarco Jones Tyler Smith Chasen Hines Cade Mays Andrew Vorhees Will Fries Asim Richards      
Lancaster OG 16 Steve Avila Robert Hunt Chandler Zavala Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu              

Anchorage OC 1 Frank Ragnow Erik McCoy                  
Berlin OC 2 Corey Linsley Robert Hainsey                  
Baltimore OC 3 Creed Humphrey Kendrick Green                  
Cuba OC 4 Jason Kelce Matt Hennessy                  
Cancun OC 5 Ryan Kelly Nick Harris Ricky Stromberg Ryan Jensen              
Gotham OC 6 John Michael Schmitz Lloyd Cushenberry Ted Karras                
Camden OC 7 Bradley Bozeman                    
Hungary OC 8 Tyler Linderbaum                    
Greenland OC 9 Tyler Biadasz                    
Rome OC 10 Ethan Pocic Luke WYpler Cam Jurgens Luke Fortner              
New Orleans OC 11 David Andrews                    
Lancaster OC 12 Mitch Morse Drew Dalman