2023 Free Agency

Dessie

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I say sign Baker and Minshew for cheap. Hype them up… use them as a smokescreen to draft Anthony Richardson. See how they all look in camp. If Baker and Minshew ball out, could trade one for a pick. Depends how Richardson looks in camp 

I’d say sign Stidham and one of Baker/Minshew.. Let them battle it out with QB at #7, whether it be Stroud or Levis.. I like Richardsons tools but I think the other 2 can likely start from Day 1 where as Richardson could need a year+.. I’d feel comfortable with that QB room. 

3 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

I’d say sign Stidham and one of Baker/Minshew.. Let them battle it out with QB at #7, whether it be Stroud or Levis.. I like Richardsons tools but I think the other 2 can likely start from Day 1 where as Richardson could need a year+.. I’d feel comfortable with that QB room. 

Still have garbers too

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

My 2 biggest FA wishes on the DL

Payne and Key.

Payne should be our top priority, Key is the perfect rotation guy to go with an aging Chandler Jones and shouldn't break the bank, resigning Billings shouldn't cost much either.

You’re not Aladdin, so you’re not getting your wishes. Payne is franchise tagged 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

You’re not Aladdin, so you’re not getting your wishes. Payne is franchise tagged 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Meh and you're not humble or a beast EA.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Browns just released S John Johnson III. He was someone that a lot of people wanted us to sign a couple of years ago, he's only 27 years old and was okay but not great in Cleveland. Could be a good value signing if he wants a 1 year deal.

I'd take him in. Joe Woods isn't a very good DC and many in Cleveland felt he wasn't used correctly. 

Not that Graham is much better, but it's worth the shot. 

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Still have garbers too

If the FO felt like Stidham on a 1 year prove it deal and a 1st round QB is enough to compete to start in 2023 and keep Garbers at 3rd string/developmental role to replace Stidham if he were to leave in 2024 then that’s fine.. probably don’t “need” Stidham plus a Mayfield/Minshew/Brissett type of signing and allocate that extra 5-10 mil towards another area of need.. I honestly thought from what we saw out of Stidham in a 2 game sample size would have been similar or better production that we got from DC in 2022 for 1/4th of the cost in terms of a 2023 salary (say 5 mil + incentives to a max of 10 mil total for Stidham). 

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd take him in. Joe Woods isn't a very good DC and many in Cleveland felt he wasn't used correctly. 

Not that Graham is much better, but it's worth the shot. 

He seems like the perfect candidate for a 1 year prove it deal, I want DB's with ball skills. 

2 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

If the FO felt like Stidham on a 1 year prove it deal and a 1st round QB is enough to compete to start in 2023 and keep Garbers at 3rd string/developmental role to replace Stidham if he were to leave in 2024 then that’s fine.. probably don’t “need” Stidham plus a Mayfield/Minshew/Brissett type of signing and allocate that extra 5-10 mil towards another area of need.. I honestly thought from what we saw out of Stidham in a 2 game sample size would have been similar or better production that we got from DC in 2022 for 1/4th of the cost in terms of a 2023 salary (say 5 mil + incentives to a max of 10 mil total for Stidham). 

I personally wouldn't even mind double dipping at QB in the draft. Something like Richardson at #7 / Jake Haener later on like what the Commanders did with RG3 / Kirk Cousins years ago.