2023 Free Agency

Dessie

10 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

If the FO felt like Stidham on a 1 year prove it deal and a 1st round QB is enough to compete to start in 2023 and keep Garbers at 3rd string/developmental role to replace Stidham if he were to leave in 2024 then that’s fine.. probably don’t “need” Stidham plus a Mayfield/Minshew/Brissett type of signing and allocate that extra 5-10 mil towards another area of need.. I honestly thought from what we saw out of Stidham in a 2 game sample size would have been similar or better production that we got from DC in 2022 for 1/4th of the cost in terms of a 2023 salary (say 5 mil + incentives to a max of 10 mil total for Stidham). 

Agree about stiddy

I think we keep stiddy and garbers and draft a guy 

this would be my dream free agent class 

QB- Wentz or Baker / Minshew- I hope we bring in two QBs for cheap. We might add Wentz with his ties to Scott Turner. Baker would be decent if he came for cheap. Baker or Wentz for cheap. I would also add Minshew for cheap. I would promise him a chance to start if he outplays Wentz/ Baker. I would hype up the two vets we sign. I would use it as a smokescreen and still draft a QB in Stroud/Richardson. That would take care of the most important position. A great training camp battle 

RB- Jacobs - I would franchise tag him 

FB- J Johnson - he's a great run blocker so I would bring him back. 

WR- Mecole Hardman/Nelson Agholor- I think DJ Chark will be to expensive. I want to add a Burner to stretch the field. I would try for Hardman if we can sign for cheap. Agholor is another option. 

TE- Irv Smith/ OJ Howard- I would like to add an upside TE for TE2. I think either guy can be had for dirt cheap. Irv Smith is a sleeper 

T- Could be Elu back for cheap. Isaiah Wynn could be a better option. He has Patriots ties, and coming off a injury year. So he could be a good value. Jawaan Taylor another option 

G - I would spend big for Nate Davis. We need to spend on the trenches. Evan Brown is another options, he was solid on the Lions and be a good value 

DE- Ferrell- I actually wouldn't mind bringing him back for cheap. I think we add a value vet here, Shaq Lawson another option would wouldn't cost too much.

DT- I would bring Billings back for cheap. He's stout against the run. Dremont Jones or Sheldon Rankins would be interesting pickups. It would be sweet to steal Jones from the Broncos. I would spend big

LB- Germaine Pratt or Van Esch on a solid deal would be nice. Both teams don't have cap space. Pratt is really good in coverage. I would also add another cheap LB for depth or WLB. Someone like Jayon Brown or Nicholas Morrow for cheap. 

S- Von Bell would be nice. I think Julian Love is likely with his ties to coaching staff. I think we also sign a value 3rd safety like Logan Ryan/Harmon 

CB- I would bring Rock back. He's a solid starting CB. I would try to steal an under the radar CB like Isiah Oliver. 

The two big free agents I would sign would be: NATE DAVIS and Dremont Jones. The rest of the free agent class would be value vets or potential steals. 

My ideal free agent class: 

Offense: Baker Mayfield (QB) / Jarrett Stidham (QB) / Josh Jacobs (RB) / Jakob Johnson (FB) / Nelson Agholor (WR) / Jalen Guyton (WR) / Dan Arnold (TE) / Nate Davis (OG) / Trai Turner (OG) / Jermaine Eluemunor (OT)

Defense: Dalvin Tomlinson (DL) / Andrew Billings (DL) / Lorenzo Carter (Edge) / Drue Tranquill (LB) / Devin Bush (LB) / Rock Ya-Sin (CB) / David Long (CB) / John Johnson III (S) / Duron Harmon (S) / Logan Ryan (DB)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What are some of your obsessions with Nelson Agholor? The dude had a good season in Vegas in an otherwise mid career. Do we really need to see him back here? Think bigger.

Give me a guy like Slayton or draft a WR2 who has some upside. 

I've been leading the Slayton to LV train since last year, he might get a decent contract this offseason though, the WR market sucks. Nelly is a logical fit because he played here and he is familiar with the new regime, IIRC we called to inquire about him during the season but a trade never materialized. 

Slayton is one of the most underrated WR's in the league, he's basically guaranteed to put up 50/750/5 TD every season and has legit 4.3 speed. Would compliment our pass catchers nicely because he'd give us the speed we currently lack and he doesn't need a ton of targets to make an impact.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

My ideal free agent class: 

Offense: Baker Mayfield (QB) / Jarrett Stidham (QB) / Josh Jacobs (RB) / Jakob Johnson (FB) / Nelson Agholor (WR) / Jalen Guyton (WR) / Dan Arnold (TE) / Nate Davis (OG) / Trai Turner (OG) / Jermaine Eluemunor (OT)

Defense: Dalvin Tomlinson (DL) / Andrew Billings (DL) / Lorenzo Carter (Edge) / Drue Tranquill (LB) / Devin Bush (LB) / Rock Ya-Sin (CB) / David Long (CB) / John Johnson III (S) / Duron Harmon (S) / Logan Ryan (DB)

that would set us up nice for the draft. Would be able to go BPA and not reach for needs. Which is too common with this organization. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Am I the only one that’d be more than fine with Hollins returning as the #2? Is he asking for a huge payday?

I thought he was more than fine and has the benefit of being a stud STer.  Would rather allocate extra dough to the defense as opposed to getting a major upgrade at that position considering the rest of our skill positions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Am I the only one that’d be more than fine with Hollins returning as the #2? Is he asking for a huge payday?

I thought he was more than fine and has the benefit of being a stud STer.  Would rather allocate extra dough to the defense as opposed to getting a major upgrade at that position considering the rest of our skill positions.

I'm fine with bringing him back but I wouldn't pay him a ton. I'd give him a 2 yr/$6M deal and still look to add another WR. A deep threat would really open up the offense, IMO.

41 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Hollins is a ace ST player and WR 4 type. The Raiders could stand to upgrade the WR2 spot. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What are some of your obsessions with Nelson Agholor? The dude had a good season in Vegas in an otherwise mid career. Do we really need to see him back here? Think bigger.

Give me a guy like Slayton or draft a WR2 who has some upside. 

I agree.  He had a good season with Carr and not many other good seasons with other QBs.  I think it's best for us he goes elsewhere and best for him if he signs where Carr signs.

48 minutes ago, true2form said:

I agree.  He had a good season with Carr and not many other good seasons with other QBs.  I think it's best for us he goes elsewhere and best for him if he signs where Carr signs.

I think Agholor is the player Carr was talking about when he said he wanted to sign early so he can attract FA LOL