2023 Free Agency

Dessie

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

None of them are that good, lol. I thought Moreau and RYS would have bigger markets though.

Out of all I would like RYS back. Drafting one of the Top 3 CB's and putting Hobbs back at nickel would give us a legit CB room atleast

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Out of all I would like RYS back. Drafting one of the Top 3 CB's and putting Hobbs back at nickel would give us a legit CB room atleast

To me this seems like a pretty good way to start fixing the defense.  Here would be my template:

1. Get a good CB group together by trading back a few spots and getting the last of Gonzalez/Porter/Witherspoon. Pair him with a decent #2 like Rock or similar, Hobbs in the slot.

2. Leverage the fact that this is a GREAT draft for pass rushers and pick one up in the 2nd or move up into the 1st.

3. Prioritize resigning Billings and getting at least another big space eating DT.  For example, Ika had a terrible combine, I bet he falls to rd 3-4 now or Gaines from the Rams. I would’ve totally gone after Tomlinson, but obviously we missed.

4.  With 2 BIG run oriented DTs, our  linebackers are now freed up. Stop loading our linebacker core with big run stopping dudes and start getting the newer coverage linebackers that are all the rage.

5. subpackage quicker DTs (or bring in our DEs for a NASCAR package) on obvious passing downs.

With this incredibly easy formula, I guarantee our defense would be light years better.  Best part is that literally nothing is overly complicated to do. So we don’t find a team that wants to slide up in the draft,  fine just take our top CB instead…

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

Nobody wants to play for the snake head coach 🐍…. The players took notice of how we treated DC. Josh Mcdaniels and Dave Z trying to do it the Patriot way without the resume of Bill Belichick. How many failed Patriot coaches have we seen. Nobody want to play with these pricks, just ex patriots and overpaid fringe starters Waller didn’t even invite Josh McDaniels to his wedding. Lol 😂 What a great relationship Mcdaniels has with his players. Players talk, and now it’s uncool to be a Raider in their circle. Karma for what they did to DC. Jacobs and Tae are the next Waller too. Beware 

Edited by Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Nobody wants to play for the snake head coach 🐍…. The players took notice of how we treated DC. Josh Mcdaniels and Dave Z trying to do it the Patriot way without the resume of Bill Belichick. How many failed Patriot coaches have we seen. Nobody want to play with these pricks, just ex patriots and overpaid fringe starters Waller didn’t even invite Josh McDaniels to his wedding. Lol 😂 What a great relationship Mcdaniels has with his players. Players talk, and now it’s uncool to be a Raider in their circle. Karma for what they did to DC. Jacobs and Tae are the next Waller too. Beware 

Aaron Rodgers literally just publicly said he was interested in playing for us, lmao.

• Like 1