2023 Free Agency

Dessie

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

That's my fear as well. In an ideal world we trade back a good bit, add a couple more picks in the top 125 and secure some decent starting talent to build with, but because we are Raiders fans I'm expecting a trade up, Richardson pick, and absolute failure. Praying it isn't the case.

I'm usually not one to mock trades, but here's what I would do in an ideal scenario (that being the trade interest being real):

7 to Washington for 16, 47, 98, 2022 1st. 

174, 204, 214, 220, and 231 to Detroit for 152

16 Bryan Breese, DT Clemson. DT is set.

38 Drew Sanders, LB Arkansas. 

47 Deonte Banks, CB Maryland 

70 Hendon Hooker, QB Tennessee 

97 Carter Warren, OT Pittsburgh 

100 Zach Kuntz, TE Old Dominion 

109 DJ Johnson, Edge Oregon 

141 Dorian Williams, LB Tulane

144 Will Mallory, TE Miami or Tyler Scott, WR Cincinnati or see below

152 Garrett Williams, CB Syracuse or Jay Ward, S LSU or see above

Hit every single level of the D early with 3 likely day 1 starters. Follow up with a high upside QB and a decent OT to push guys and add depth, grab a physical freak TE, nab two potential future starters with the next two picks, pad depth at TE, WR, CB and S with the final 2. 

With a little luck, we get 6 day 1 starting caliber guys to build up on and a couple of primary backups for older guys that could round into starters in a year or two, or at least make the expensive vets a bit more expendable for cap space or future trades. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm usually not one to mock trades, but here's what I would do in an ideal scenario (that being the trade interest being real):

174, 204, 214, 220, and 231 to Detroit for 152

16 Bryan Breese, DT Clemson. DT is set.

38 Drew Sanders, LB Arkansas. 

47 Deonte Banks, CB Maryland 

70 Hendon Hooker, QB Tennessee 

97 Carter Warren, OT Pittsburgh 

100 Zach Kuntz, TE Old Dominion 

109 DJ Johnson, Edge Oregon 

141 Dorian Williams, LB Tulane

144 Will Mallory, TE Miami or Tyler Scott, WR Cincinnati or see below

152 Garrett Williams, CB Syracuse or Jay Ward, S LSU or see above

Hit every single level of the D early with 3 likely day 1 starters. Follow up with a high upside QB and a decent OT to push guys and add depth, grab a physical freak TE, nab two potential future starters with the next two picks, pad depth at TE, WR, CB and S with the final 2. 

With a little luck, we get 6 day 1 starting caliber guys to build up on and a couple of primary backups for older guys that could round into starters in a year or two, or at least make the expensive vets a bit more expendable for cap space or future trades. 

I would be over the moon with this draft. Would be the most competent draft this franchise has had since at least 2014 but probably before that. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

It just struck me why we’ve been quiet this FA period, we do have a ‘Superbowl QB’ and Jimmy G apparently ‘just wins’ so maybe we don’t actually need to bolster the roster as according to some wins are a QB stat and we have one of the best given his win/loss record. Therefore, what’s the point in buying talent when we don’t really need it? He’ll just win automatically won’t he?

True Jimmy should elevate the roster regardless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I agree. Very disappointing free agency so far. The value and structure are good, but even the most staunch Ziegler supporter would be underwhelmed with this group. Unless literally no one wants to play here, this isn't good enough.

Wondering if this is a legit concern myself. McDaniels doesn't have the best rep as a coach as is. The way they pushed Carr out plus Adams and Jacobs public displeasure coupled with stingy wallets, I could see alot of premium FAs not even considering us.

Until proven otherwise, I'm of the belief that our locker room is in shambles with JMD at the helm

• Like 3

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

Wondering if this is a legit concern myself. McDaniels doesn't have the best rep as a coach as is. The way they pushed Carr out plus Adams and Jacobs public displeasure coupled with stingy wallets, I could see alot of premium FAs not even considering us.

Until proven otherwise, I'm of the belief that our locker room is in shambles with JMD at the helm

It's obvious at this point.  Ask yourself if you were a FA with multiple options, what on earth would make anyone want to sign with the Raiders? 

There are a few NFL "super agents" who represent approximately 75 percent of players and these guys know what is going on.  They are telling their players to steer clear as any good agent would do.  

• Like 1

Yeah, remember the way they pushed Carr out? Remember the way the Raiders teammates all got upset, and all sent out angry tweets about how that story about Carr not liking tough coaching was all bull****???

Yeah, I don't remember that either. Maybe people will realize that maybe Carr wasn't the most popular guy in Vegas

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, massraider said:

Yeah, remember the way they pushed Carr out? Remember the way the Raiders teammates all got upset, and all sent out angry tweets about how that story about Carr not liking tough coaching was all bull****???

Yeah, I don't remember that either. Maybe people will realize that maybe Carr wasn't the most popular guy in Vegas

So we're just gonna act like we haven't been able to attract any marquee free agents across countless regimes but organizational instability hasnt been part of the equation?

Even going all the way back to Al, we had to pay average guys retarded contracts to get them to come to Oakland. Mark hasnt done anything to stabilize the franchise so why wouldnt it be true now as well?

59 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's obvious at this point.  Ask yourself if you were a FA with multiple options, what on earth would make anyone want to sign with the Raiders? 

There are a few NFL "super agents" who represent approximately 75 percent of players and these guys know what is going on.  They are telling their players to steer clear as any good agent would do.  

Lol all 32 teams money green.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Super bowl coach, super bowl QB, top 10 OL (according to PFF), 2 All-Pro pass rushers, 1st team All-Pro RB/WR, world class facilities, no state income tax. Graded out as the 3rd best team on the NFLPA report card. Vegas is arguably the most appealing free agent destination in the NFL.

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Super bowl coach, super bowl QB, top 10 OL (according to PFF), 2 All-Pro pass rushers, 1st team All-Pro RB/WR, world class facilities, no state income tax. Graded out as the 3rd best team on the NFLPA report card. Vegas is arguably the most appealing free agent destination in the NFL.

1. Super Bowl coordinator.

2. Super Bowl QB's backup

3. Our O-line is extremely weak inside

4. A 33 year old former All-Pro with 16 sacks in the last 4 years

5. I'll give you the other 3.

But our TEAM appears to be fractured on the surface and that is a major red flag. No one wants to sign a contract with an unstable franchise, same as a team doesn't wanna do business with players like Brown, Beckham, etc. No one sane willingly chooses foundational chaos.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

What are the best scenarios to have strong interest in our #7 pick? All qb's drafted & a blue chip talent available or 1 or 2 qbs to drop?