2023 Free Agency

Dessie

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

TE market is drying up fast. I'd go after Austin Hooper and/or Dan Arnold.

Agreed.

RYS or William Jackson III for CB

Risner or Seumaolo for G.

Gaines  or Ford for NT although they may wait as vets usually become available at NT. 

Bring back Harmon for 3rd safety. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roninho said:

What are the best scenarios to have strong interest in our #7 pick? All qb's drafted & a blue chip talent available or 1 or 2 qbs to drop?

I'm thinking if a QB drops. 

Carolina, Houston, Indianapolis all need QBs before our pick. 

Atlanta, Washington, Tampa Bay, and maybe Tennessee all fall after us. 

There's also the outside chance Seattle, Houston, or Detroit go elsewhere early and they have excess capital to squeeze. Possibly the Jets? 

Let them get into a bidding war, I say. 

There's essentially a "big 4" and 3 will almost certainly gone by the time our pick rolls around. Potentially up to 6 teams would needing to jump Atlanta to have a chance at whoever QB4 is. 

That drives the price way up, especially if someone is trying to move back up, given thanlt the general consensus seems to have a fairly sizeable gap between QB4 and QB5

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dessie said:

Agreed.

RYS or William Jackson III for CB

Risner or Seumaolo for G.

Gaines  or Ford for NT although they may wait as vets usually become available at NT. 

Bring back Harmon for 3rd safety. 

Can we sign someone we're sure is actually going to be on the field? Lol

my remaining free agent target list:

TE- Austin Hooper, Irv Smith, Dan Arnold, OJ Howard

G- Isaiah Wynn, Isaac Seumalo, Dalton Risner, AJ Cann, Trai Turner, Roger Saffold, Gabe Jackson, Oday Aboushi

DL- Leonard Flooyd, Bud Dupree, Robert Quinn, Yannick, Jadeveon Clowney, Melvin Ingram, Trey Flowers, Dawuane Smoot, Shaq Lawson, Carlos Dunlap, Dante Fowler, Mario Edwards, Rasheem Green, Frank Clark, Andrew Van Ginkel, Justin Houston , Markus Golden

DT- Quinton Jefferson, Shelby Harris, Greg Gaines, Calais Campbell

LB- Anthony Walker, Myles Jack, Kyle Van Noy, Bobby Wagner, Rashaan Evans, Zach Cunningham, Nicholas Morrow, Kwon Alexander, Anthony Barr

CB- Rock, Marcus Peters, Byron Jones, Duke Shelley, Shaq Griffin, Eli Apple, Anthony Brown, Fabian Moreau, Levi Wallace, William Jackson

S- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Taylor Rapp, Johnny Johnson,Ryan Neal, Adrian Amos, Terrell Edmunds, Jalen Mills, Duron Harmon, Logan Ryan, Jonathan Owens, Eric Rowe (could use a 3rd safety and competition)

Zig and Josh better nail this draft. They’re putting a lot eggs in that basket. You want to build the core of your team from the draft. That’s is perfectly fine, but you should still use FA to supplement and help you get there. We’re exactly the same on the OL, DL, CB(actually worse). 

Massive fail in FA. Way too many holes to just sit on our hands and hope some rookies play at a high level. 

Just gonna watch some Caleb Williams highlights 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Greg Gaines to Tampa

Seumalo to Steelers as well.. crazy that we haven’t addressed OG with a decent to above avg G yet.. not sure what the terms were yet but I’d imagine somewhere in the 7-10 mil per year range.. still avg starters out there but really makes me think they will address that hole with another Parham type in the 3rd/4th rd.. I feel like NE usually addressed their OLine with early to mid around picks over the years and let them walk for big pay days. Still a month+ until the draft so plenty of time to still sign a couple respectable players at G, DT, LB and CB.. resigning Ya Sin and Perryman should be a no brainer in terms of familiarity and cost efficient.

Edited by JarrodR86

If we could somehow sign Wagner, CGJ and Ya-Sin, a vet Edge, a vet DT, add Gonzalez at 7 and go best DT/LB/DE/OG in rounds 2-4, I’d think we’d have better talent on that side of the ball next year. 

Cap space/cap hits can always be manufactured/maneuvered so I don’t think it’s an impossible task. 

DE - Crosby, Jones, FA pickup, Koonce, draft pick

DT -  Nichols, Tillery, Farrell Jr, M.Butler, FA pickup, draft pick

LB - Wagner, Spillane, Diablo, Masterson, draft pick

CB - Gonzalez, Ya-Sin, Facyson, Hobbs, Hall, Robertson

S - CGJ, Epps, Moehrig, Teamer, Palo-Malo

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

If we could somehow sign Wagner, CGJ and Ya-Sin, add Gonzalez at 7 and go best DT/LB/DE/OG in rounds 2-4, I’d think we’d have better talent on that side of the ball next year. 

Cap space/cap hits can always be manufactured/maneuvered so I don’t think it’s an impossible task. 

Yup re-sign Ya Sin and draft a CB with our 1st pick, whether we trade down some or not,  get either Gonzalez, Witherspoon, or Porter Jr we would have the secondary looking decent. Hobbs should go back to covering the slot. 

I'm fine with Moehrig and Palo Malo battling at FS and Teamer backing up Epps at SS

32 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'm fine with Moehrig and Palo Malo battling at FS and Teamer backing up Epps at SS

I’d almost consider trading Moehrig with our 2nd and picking up a late first if we could get a legit DT/LB/DE prospect, assuming we signed CGJ.. but also not opposed to your statement as well.

3 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

Seumalo to Steelers as well.. crazy that we haven’t addressed OG with a decent to above avg G yet.. not sure what the terms were yet but I’d imagine somewhere in the 7-10 mil per year range.. still avg starters out there but really makes me think they will address that hole with another Parham type in the 3rd/4th rd.. I feel like NE usually addressed their OLine with early to mid around picks over the years and let them walk for big pay days. Still a month+ until the draft so plenty of time to still sign a couple respectable players at G, DT, LB and CB.. resigning Ya Sin and Perryman should be a no brainer in terms of familiarity and cost efficient.

I think they’re counting the ol we got from Denver ps at og as our big fa oline addition