Week 18: VIKINGS (12-4) at Bears (3-13)

swede700

Game 17

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&heat Bears

When:  1:00 PM EST January 8th

Where: Soldier Field (Chicago, IL)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); 

Announcers:  Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake (TV);  Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2022/18-FOX-E.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: LB Brian Asamoah (knee), LB Za'Darius Smith (personal matter), CB Cam Dantzler (ankle), Doubtful: None, Out: C Garrett Bradbury (back), DL James Lynch (shoulder)

Bears - Questionable: DL Terrell Lewis (personal matter), DL Angelo Blackson (illness), DB Kyler Gordon (groin), Doubtful: None, Out: QB Justin Fields (hip), LB Sterling Weatherford (illness), CB Jaylon Jones (concussion)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

26 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Will still find a way to make it a one score game. 

Probably.

The Vikings will play starters, but how long they play will still be a question.  We could see Kirk & Co play the 1st quarter or 1st half and then be pulled.

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Probably.

The Vikings will play starters, but how long they play will still be a question.  We could see Kirk & Co play the 1st quarter or 1st half and then be pulled.

Any concern with continuity going into the playoffs. OL has been banged up for weeks. Offense seems to be struggling and lacks momentum. Think most prefer to end the regular season on a high note, need to find a way to build something off the Indy and NY wins and forget the GB game happened. 

• Like 1

Although this game doesn't appear to mean much, if we can win and put the heat on San Fran, then they need to win or they slide back to the 3rd seed.  

I'm not sure what the Cardinals have to play for, unless the owners already know they're keeping Klingsbury and Murray.  They could pick up the top DT/OT/OLB/CB even with winning.  So, I hope they play for the win against a division rival.  The game is in San Fran though . . . rough.

For the Vikes, I'd hope they run the snot out of the ball . . . so, this means JJ goes off for 280 and 3.  😆 Defensively, we might as well not show anything new . . . Lord knows I'd like to see them use Danielle Hunter like the QB slaying beast he is, but I'd be fine with Wonnum and Jones II getting all the reps out there.  

Third seed playing NY versus second seed playing Green Bay sounds better to me. Would think GB could take care of SF and knock them out, setting the stage for GB vs Philly and MN vs Dal/TB. Feel like that’s a more likely path than getting the second seed to play GB right away. But on the positive, at least a potential Mn v GB playoff game will be at home. 

• Like 3