Week 18: VIKINGS (12-4) at Bears (3-13)

swede700

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

How so?  You want the 49ers to actually earn it and not just fold over.  Or are you referring to the 49ers?  

Sorry. The Vikes would be foolish to play starters thinking that the Cards actually have a shot of beating SF with a fourth stringer. 

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Sorry. The Vikes would be foolish to play starters thinking that the Cards actually have a shot of beating SF with a fourth stringer. 

OK...understandable, there was a lot of different talk going on, so I wasn't sure.  🤣

I think a lot of us are on the same page. 

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How healthy are the 49ers? Could they be resting starters?

Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sit McCaffrey and Deebo, who are both suffering from mild injuries, and Eli Mitchell is still on IR, but he'll probably be ready for the playoffs.  So, outside of the QB situation, they aren't in bad shape.  Most of their most severe injuries took place earlier in the season, and they've been getting healthier as the season has gone along (again, except for QB).

I'm sure as the week goes along, common sense will prevail for KOC and he will end up playing the starters very little, if at all.  It doesn't really make any sense to put them at any significant risk.  Unfortunately, with the OL though, they might have to play a little bit longer to get more comfortable with each other since they'll have 2 new starters.

Edited by swede700

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm sure as the week goes along, common sense will prevail for KOC and he will end up playing the starters very little, if at all.  

yes, and that was already being discussed even before these recent injuries.

3rd seed it is, nothing wrong with that.