Week 18: VIKINGS (12-4) at Bears (3-13)

swede700

I dont get why everyone is all of the sudden on GBs jock. Look at the teams and the QBs theyve played over the last 4 weeks.

They beat 3-13  Justin Fields led Bears team

They beat a 5-11 Rams team whos starting the journeyman Baker Mayfield and have been without any of their key starters for a long time.

A 8-8 Dolphin team who have lost 5 straight games, where Tua was playing with a concussion for half the game

Arguably their best win was against us when we lost a top 5 RT in the game and our 2nd string C. Now im not saying missing those 2 were the reason we got spanked but it was definitely a contributing factor.

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

how many times have they met in the Rodgers Era? results and scores were...?

2013 - @ SF 45, GB 31

2014 - SF 23, @ GB 20

2020 - @ SF 37, GB 20

2022 - SF 13, @ GB 10

Regular season matchups, GB has been far more competitive as GB is 6-3 vs the 49ers...but in the playoffs, they are winless in the Rodgers era.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Why do people want to play GB or Detroit in round one? You have to get to round two for it to matter where you play.... 

Do not take the chance of injury on one of the worst fields in the game. Rest your stars. 

This is my thinking as well. There is no reason to play your starters and risk injury. Heck, I think we can win w/o our starters. The Bears wanna lose this game. Rest your starters! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

So a minimum of 4 weeks, Whats the earliest he can come back?

Players stay on injured reserve for as long as they need to. A returning player is eligible to return to practice (or the active/inactive list) after four games have been played since he was placed on IR. They then have a four-week window to return to the active roster. If this doesn’t happen, then he must be shut down for the remainder of the NFL season.

so, it looks like the earliest he could return is for the Super Bowl. But I’m guessing he’s done for the year (severity of injury is unknown). 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/nfl/news-how-long-injured-reserve-last-nfl