Week 18: NY Jets vs MIA Dolphins

Bobby816

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree. I think he will at least win the RT job. 

I'm assuming coaches will be back based on the progress of the record. Especially if we win today. The only thing I can see is a fall out over Zach Wilson because how attached Saleh is to him. 

I’m just hopeful he’s healthy. If so then I’d bet on him becoming a top LT. Just about him being healthy. 

Usually these things happen quick so I think the likely thing will be a statement tomorrow issuing the coaches vote of confidence. Interesting the deal with Zach but I think it would be a shock if we get rid of Saleh. We’d have to have a big name committed I think. 

23 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I can’t remember I was going to ask the same…..I would move on from both if we could get a good option to go along with Ruck. Gesicki has looked good for Miami today. I don’t think they will resign him and he wants out. FA so he’s attainable. 

Both TEs are locked for 2023 unless Jets find a trade for either or both.

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Wilson would have been a top-5 WR if he had a QB this year. 

Could be closer to Justin Jefferson's numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, KimuraGod said:

I’m just hopeful he’s healthy. If so then I’d bet on him becoming a top LT. Just about him being healthy. 

Usually these things happen quick so I think the likely thing will be a statement tomorrow issuing the coaches vote of confidence. Interesting the deal with Zach but I think it would be a shock if we get rid of Saleh. We’d have to have a big name committed I think. 

Now that I'm thinking about it, another thing maybe a factor is that 5 of Saleh's wins came against backups and Pickett. Another win was against Buffalo who were missing their whole secondary and LB. If Woody doesn't view that as progress, maybe he could be interested in the high profiled coaches like Payton and JH. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Now that I'm thinking about it, another thing maybe a factor is that 5 of Saleh's wins came against backups and Pickett. Another win was against Buffalo who were missing their whole secondary and LB. If Woody doesn't view that as progress, maybe he could be interested in the high profiled coaches like Payton and JH. 

I hope (and presume) that these factors are massively involved i the decision process. Not just…well we won 7 or 8 games. 

We got blew out by Baltimore and Cincy playing Joe Flacco so that should be considered too. As should the crazy win against Cleveland. 

The close losses to Minnesota and Buffalo will be looked at too. 

All in all I think the coaches will be back but next year it’s playoffs or bust.  

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

I hope (and presume) that these factors are massively involved i the decision process. Not just…well we won 7 or 8 games. 

We got blew out by Baltimore and Cincy playing Joe Flacco so that should be considered too. As should the crazy win against Cleveland. 

The close losses to Minnesota and Buffalo will be looked at too. 

All in all I think the coaches will be back but next year it’s playoffs or bust.  

I don't think the Buffalo and Minn games will be considered because they were expected to beat us badly with all the injuries we had. 

The fact that only we only won 2 games against starting QBs is a big problem. Now I'm nervous about next season. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't think the Buffalo and Minn games will be considered because they were expected to beat us badly with all the injuries we had. 

The fact that only we only won 2 games against starting QBs is a big problem. Now I'm nervous about next season. 

I meant more in the fact we played both very well considering our injuries. More on the side of retaining them I meant.

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

That’s nuts. Saleh and co could have bought another year in the job.