Week 18: NY Jets vs MIA Dolphins

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Didn’t we have like 4 rush TDs against them last time we played?

4 out of 5 are non qb td rushes.

1 12:38 Jets Safety, Teddy Bridgewater intentional grounding in end zone 0 2
  3:07 Jets Greg Zuerlein 34 yard field goal 0 5
2 14:56 Jets Michael Carter 1 yard rush (Greg Zuerlein kick) 0 12
  9:55 Dolphins Raheem Mostert 12 yard rush (Jason Sanders kick) 7 12
  2:38 Jets Zach Wilson 5 yard rush (Greg Zuerlein kick) 7 19
  0:04 Dolphins Durham Smythe 1 yard rush (Jason Sanders kick) 14 19
3 8:40 Dolphins Jason Sanders 46 yard field goal 17 19
4 9:22 Jets Michael Carter 1 yard rush (Greg Zuerlein kick) 17 26
  9:08 Jets Breece Hall 5 yard rush (Greg Zuerlein kick) 17 33
  4:24 Jets Braxton Berrios 15 yard rush (Greg Zuerlein kick) 17 40
Edited by JetsandI

20 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

There isn’t IMO. I think he should start actually if he was ok mentally. But clearly he isn’t. That’s why he’s not starting. But at least he’ll be on the roster next year. Where Streveler likely won’t. Flacco likely won’t either. But at least Flacco makes us competitive. In fact if I had to bet. I’d take us in this game.

I took us to because they are starting Skylar Thompson. The fact that he’s going to be on the roster is actually why I don’t want Wilson in the game. Too much risk, not enough reward I feel like. Just going to hope the offensive line doesn’t get him killed if he gets in there.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Positive to this game could be Sauce and Wilson helping their causes for ROY on their sides of the ball.

If Jets won the game, that would make 6-0 against back up qb.   That could kill Sauce's chance.  11 games to be counted on for him whilst Aidan Hutchinson owns 7.5 sacks and 3 ints while drawing double team.  Hutchinson is my vote. Sorry.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

If Jets won the game, that would make 6-0 against back up qb.   That could kill Sauce's chance.  11 games to be counted on for him whilst Aidan Hutchinson owns 7.5 sacks and 3 ints while drawing double team.  Hutchinson is my vote. Sorry.

Stats don’t tell the whole story. Sauce is arguably the best CB in the league never mind rookie. Hutchinson no question is loaded with talent. But he isn’t among the best in his position as a rookie. So for me that’s why sauce should get it. Sauce getting the Revis treatment as a rookie with QBs not throwing his way.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

OROY is the tricky one for me. Purdy surely can’t get it only playing like 6 games. And Olave and GW are pretty darn close.

The vegas favorite right now is Kenneth Walker, just got the edge over GW recently.

Sauce pretty much has DROY locked up unless he falls off terribly this last game 

59 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The vegas favorite right now is Kenneth Walker, just got the edge over GW recently.

Sauce pretty much has DROY locked up unless he falls off terribly this last game 

Forgot about Walker. He’s been impressive. Makes me think of how big the gap would’ve been between Hall and all the other rookies if he was healthy all season. If Carter doesn’t get 66 yds today. Hall still finishes this season as our leading rusher. Which just shows how bad we’ve been since he went down.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

OROY is the tricky one for me. Purdy surely can’t get it only playing like 6 games. And Olave and GW are pretty darn close.

Watching Walker last week I wouldn’t even be mad if he got it over Wilson. It’s definitely close. Hopefully we get the New York boost.