Week 18: NY Jets vs MIA Dolphins

Bobby816

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Defense gained turnovers 14 times in 9 games prior to BYE. After the BYE, Jets have merely gained 2 TO in past 7 games.

Pathetic.

Our defense got very predictable according to analysts. Talent took over where it could(Reed, Gardner, QWill) but the holes got exposed and we never made adjustments to plug them because of how “successful” the defense had been. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Our defense got very predictable according to analysts. Talent took over where it could(Reed, Gardner, QWill) but the holes got exposed and we never made adjustments to plug them because of how “successful” the defense had been. 

Need to move on from Ulbrich (even though we won’t)

I didn’t like the Saleh hire at the time and although through points this year I held my hands up and said he’s proved me wrong in fact it shown it was a mere purple patch than anything else. I think the only way to move on from the OC and DC is if we change the HC so at this point that’s what I want.

I can’t see it happening but this last five weeks have shown me the character of the team/coaching staff leaves ALOT to be desired. 

This coaching staff is lost in the weeds. In the history of the NFL, no team has had a starter in street clothes one week and 2 weeks later he is the starter, then is in street clothes for the last game of the season. 

Unfortunately for Zach Wilson he will be taking the next Darnold express out of NYC unless the Jets really feel this kids got the goods. The Jets are so lost in the weeds that in his first year he had 4 QB whisperers. Result? 4-12 and our O under MLF has gone from 28th to 27th this year. The past 5 games the Jets are averaging 12 points a game and if you remove Zach from the Detroit game haven't scored a TD in 4 games.

While the Jets were holding teams rushing to an avg of 116 YPG, in the past 4 games it has gone to 150 YPG and against Seattle 198 yards. 

We have a head coach who saves time outs, punts when he should be playing for a win. An OC who is absolutely out of his league, tell me what team hires an OC without any OC experience? Answer= The Jets.

The Jets DC almost got killed by Q because he didn't trust the front 4 to pressure the opposite team, after the game there was a team meeting and the Jets D took off. 

So what does this all mean? Our coaching staff is woefully inexperienced. We won games we should have lost and lost games we should have won. 

Then as a coaching staff they have the boldness to say week after week, loss after loss "Its on us as coaches, we have to put the players in a better position to be successful." 

Duhhhhhh!

So we may land a QB during the off season or draft one who knows. But I have absolutely no confidence in this staff. If JD mad one vital mistake it was allowing Saleh to pick his staff.

We shouldn't get carried away in negativity. We've got a talented roster and, I believe, a good GM/HC pairing. White has to start this one. Streveler is a bad gimmick player, Wilson is finished and can't see the field, and Flacco is over the hill and far away. We should give players like JJ time but otherwise there aren't many young players who need minutes that much for development/evaluation.

Next season we come back with 2 likely new QB's. Hopefully a vet and a rookie along with a couple of improvements at OL/LB/S and we're positioned to take the next step to ending the playoff drought.

1 hour ago, ukjets21 said:

We shouldn't get carried away in negativity. We've got a talented roster and, I believe, a good GM/HC pairing. White has to start this one. Streveler is a bad gimmick player, Wilson is finished and can't see the field, and Flacco is over the hill and far away. We should give players like JJ time but otherwise there aren't many young players who need minutes that much for development/evaluation.

Next season we come back with 2 likely new QB's. Hopefully a vet and a rookie along with a couple of improvements at OL/LB/S and we're positioned to take the next step to ending the playoff drought.

Exactly I think before the season started if we knew we'd be at 7 or 8 wins. We all would be happy. It was just the hot run we had that got our hopes up and then to just play awful down the stretch that doesn't sit well. And once again knowing we don't have a starting QB still. 

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly I think before the season started if we knew we'd be at 7 or 8 wins. We all would be happy. It was just the hot run we had that got our hopes up and then to just play awful down the stretch that doesn't sit well. And once again knowing we don't have a starting QB still. 

No argument here.  The thing is that we all wanted to see progress.  Our D absolutely progressed but the O has not.  Had we started the season slow and continued to show progress as the season wore on, and then finished with 7 wins, we would be a little happier.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

No argument here.  The thing is that we all wanted to see progress.  Our D absolutely progressed but the O has not.  Had we started the season slow and continued to show progress as the season wore on, and then finished with 7 wins, we would be a little happier.

There's optimism there though. Hall looked like arguably the best RB in the league before he went down. AVY will be back. Becton will be back. GW with a legit QB is a #1 WR more than likely for us. Mitchell got to play and get his feet wet and battle for an OT spot. Herbig earned the right to be resigned and could start. If nothing else be a really good OG backup. 

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There's optimism there though. Hall looked like arguably the best RB in the league before he went down. AVY will be back. Becton will be back. GW with a legit QB is a #1 WR more than likely for us. Mitchell got to play and get his feet wet and battle for an OT spot. Herbig earned the right to be resigned and could start. If nothing else be a really good OG backup. 

Certainly there is optimism.  Unfortunately there is also some hand wringing because of the QB uncertainty.  It would have been a much less concerning off season if MFW or Zach had showed promise.  Also of concern is the OL.  JD has been trying for three years and we are no better off.  Sure getting AVT back helps as does the potential of Herbig (FA) and Mitchell. It is still unsettling, though.

If every QB has looked either awful or lost or whatever then it’s an organizational thing. Sure they miss passes but the overall structure of the offense is extremely inconsistent. What was one of our best formations early in the season? The Split backfield. It was a huge part of our success. Why did we go away from it? Well we don’t know because the media doesn’t ask those questions.

54 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If every QB has looked either awful or lost or whatever then it’s an organizational thing. Sure they miss passes but the overall structure of the offense is extremely inconsistent. What was one of our best formations early in the season? The Split backfield. It was a huge part of our success. Why did we go away from it? Well we don’t know because the media doesn’t ask those questions.

The biggest mistakes we've made as an organisation have undoubtedly been QB the past 2 seasons. Not bringing in a credible veteran for Zach year 1 and then only having a mentor rather than competition this year were enormous mistakes.