2018 NFL Draft Prospect Pro Comps

Rich7sena

Tim Settle reminds me a lot of Brandon Williams.  He's got traits that are just flat out unique.  Guys that big/thick shouldn't move like that.  He's got that Wilfork/Williams wide body, with some crazy explosion off the line and the ability to bend around guys like 330lb men shouldn't be able to do.  He'll end up similar at 6'1"ish 330, but the guy can legitimately play anywhere from the 4T in IMO.  I think he's as good, maybe better than Vea/Payne, and with his upside, I'd take him over both of those guys.

On 2/19/2018 at 4:21 PM, jrry32 said:

I expect him to add more weight and strength in the NFL. I think he's a better player than Alonso. I don't think Alonso was the same caliber of athlete that LVE is.

This is the real key here to his projection. LVE's a drag down tackler and lacks take on strength even though he's generally technically sound. His blitzes were almost always a lesson in futility. A good physical blocker can shut him down. Very curious how athletic he really is. Looks like a sudden mover but I also saw some instances where he couldn't chase a not all that fast guy down even with the angle.

I made that Alonso comp back in Dec and I'm sticking with it for now. 

3 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

He's 2 1/2 years younger than Vea and played in quite a few less games than Payne who's the same age.

Settle is a baby full of upside. 

HOLY CRAP....he won't be 21 until basically the start of TC this year.  That's nuts.  I'm all in for Settle at 17....in Bradley's attacking 1T, shaded NT...I'm all about it.

3 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

HOLY CRAP....he won't be 21 until basically the start of TC this year.  That's nuts.  I'm all in for Settle at 17....in Bradley's attacking 1T, shaded NT...I'm all about it.

Indeed.

I've got most of the prospect DOB's in here. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

mi comps ...

Derrius Guice - faster Ahmad Bradshaw

Jessie Bates - Rahim Moore

James Washington - Bethel Johnson

D.J. Chark - 6'3 Martavis Bryant

Ito Smith - durable Dion Lewis

Nick Chubb - heavy Carlos Hyde

Rashaad Penny - Tatum Bell

Sam Darnold - Mark Brunell

Skai Moore - Danny Trevathan

3 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

James Washington - Bethel Johnson

Bethel Johnson was like....A+++ speed. James Washington gets an A- at best for speed.

This is the only one of your comps I vehemently disagree with. Plus Bethel Johnson had a terrible catch radius. Washington has an incredible radius.

Bethel Johnson was one of my favorite NFL players because of his 98 speed madden rating so I watched nearly every one of his snaps in NE and HOU. He was purely a freak of nature speed demon and an elite return man. I don't see James Washington doing either of those things.

On 2/24/2018 at 11:15 AM, Duffman57 said:

Tim Settle reminds me a lot of Brandon Williams.  He's got traits that are just flat out unique.  Guys that big/thick shouldn't move like that.  He's got that Wilfork/Williams wide body, with some crazy explosion off the line and the ability to bend around guys like 330lb men shouldn't be able to do.  He'll end up similar at 6'1"ish 330, but the guy can legitimately play anywhere from the 4T in IMO.  I think he's as good, maybe better than Vea/Payne, and with his upside, I'd take him over both of those guys.

This is absolutely the type of thing the Hokies need too, in order to make that next recruiting jump - guys like Edmunds and Settle going higher in the draft. Just really haven't had that in recent years. 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, Duffman57 said:

Watch Settle, then go watch Cortez Kennedy. Tell me there aren't close similarities

On 2/24/2018 at 11:42 AM, CalhounLambeau said:

He's 2 1/2 years younger than Vea and played in quite a few less games than Payne who's the same age.

Settle is an incredible talent. I want him playing NT in Wade's 3-4. I can't think of a better spot for him right now. He still has a lot of issues to iron out, but considering his youth and lack of experience, that's fine.

That all said, I'd still take Vea and Payne over him at this point. Settle is in the 20 to 40 range for me.

On 2/24/2018 at 11:42 AM, CalhounLambeau said:

Baby is right.

Settle is overweight and has awful balance issues. In one series vs West Virginia he was on his back at the end of the play on four consecutive plays. No thanks.

21 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Baby is right.

Settle is overweight and has awful balance issues. In one series vs West Virginia he was on his back at the end of the play on four consecutive plays. No thanks.

Haven't evaluated him yet but from my background research I am very scared of him. Had a third round background score for me.

24 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Baby is right.

I agree! It's hard not to root for this pleasant and plump young man, as the NFL draft approaches!

Image result for Tim Settle

Archived