2018 NFL Draft Prospect Pro Comps

Rich7sena

Chukwuma Okorafor = Former Bears OT Chris Williams, but with a better frame/body for an OT. Great feet/movement, zero power. It baffles me how there is just no pop in his hands at all. The guy need sumo or boxing lessons or something. If Orlando Brown had his feet, you'd have an amazing tackle prospect.

6 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

What are the best games from him? Whenever I watched him he looked like a promising yet ultimately disappointing player.

Watch the bowl game against Oregon. He wrecked that game for Oregon's offense. It showed the entirety of his skill-set. Easy movement skills in coverage, great range, the ability to play through blocks, and the ability to finish. He's not that experienced, so you'll occasionally see the inexperience in his game, but he has the abilities to do anything and everything.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Watch the bowl game against Oregon. He wrecked that game for Oregon's offense. It showed the entirety of his skill-set. Easy movement skills in coverage, great range, the ability to play through blocks, and the ability to finish. He's not that experienced, so you'll occasionally see the inexperience in his game, but he has the abilities to do anything and everything.

He's built to defend spreads. He's not built to take on power run schemes. I don't see what makes him much different from Kiko Alonso. Good player, but not going to drop my jaw on the floor. He'll be an average OLB in the NFL, nothing more IMO.

28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's built to defend spreads. He's not built to take on power run schemes. I don't see what makes him much different from Kiko Alonso. Good player, but not going to drop my jaw on the floor. He'll be an average OLB in the NFL, nothing more IMO.

The guy has one year of starting experience and was fighting through the blocks of OLs to make TFLs. If he can't defend power-run schemes, there aren't many LBs in the NFL today who can. He's not even polished yet in terms of stacking and shedding, but he's still doing it. He's going to be a great LB, and he's scheme and position versatile.

43 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I thought that's where he excelled most tbh. 

Meh I don't see it with Vander Esch. He's fast, but more of a knifing through traffic guy. I don't know where I'd want to play him schematically. He seems like a WLB, but I love his size and coverage ability. He seems like a perfect fit in a 4-2-5 to play the SLB spot. When there's a TE in the game, I don't know if I want him playing inside the box. He's great at playing RB so to speak...waiting for a hole to present itself and then running through the gap to make the play. He's not very good against quick hitting plays where tackles down block on him or someone pulls on a power run. He will have no problems covering anyone in any scheme so there's definitely a case for him to go as high as the 2nd round, but I don't think he's better than Roquan Smith. He doesn't have the polish to his game that Roquan does.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Meh I don't see it with Vander Esch. He's fast, but more of a knifing through traffic guy. I don't know where I'd want to play him schematically. He seems like a WLB, but I love his size and coverage ability. He seems like a perfect fit in a 4-2-5 to play the SLB spot. When there's a TE in the game, I don't know if I want him playing inside the box. He's great at playing RB so to speak...waiting for a hole to present itself and then running through the gap to make the play. He's not very good against quick hitting plays where tackles down block on him or someone pulls on a power run. He will have no problems covering anyone in any scheme so there's definitely a case for him to go as high as the 2nd round, but I don't think he's better than Roquan Smith. He doesn't have the polish to his game that Roquan does.

He has versatility and skills that Roquan won't ever have. You are drafting LVE as much for what he'll become as what he is. Urlacher played a hybrid safety/LB spot in college. He wasn't a finished product either. But you can see how much LVE offers. He can do anything and everything. When I have some time, I'll post some gifs of him defeating blocks of OLs (despite not being technically refined in that regard). He's not just a fast guy who can sift through traffic. He can attack the LOS, stack and shed blocks, and finish plays at the LOS and behind it. He has the potential to be able to do anything you ask of him in the NFL and play any role at LB.

Archived