2018 NFL Draft Prospect Pro Comps

Rich7sena

12 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Jerome Baker = Deion Jones

ooo I like it. Baker is going to be a very good NFL player. I'm his #1 fan. Thinking about kidnapping him in a snowstorm accident and nursing him back to health in a cabin in the woods, slowly molding him in my image to do my bidding.

15 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

ooo I like it. Baker is going to be a very good NFL player. I'm his #1 fan. Thinking about kidnapping him in a snowstorm accident and nursing him back to health in a cabin in the woods, slowly molding him in my image to do my bidding.

I'm a OSU Grad/Fan watch all their games

He is not Deion Jones

Deion Jones shoud've been a first round pick 

maybe a poor mans Deion Jones, Jones was a future superstar back at LSU his size just scared teams

But he was on another level he literally flew around the field he was a rocket and still is in ATL

Baker isn't that good similar skillset I guess but not nearly as good. 

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He is not Deion Jones

maybe a poor mans Deion Jones, Jones was a future superstar back at LSU his size just scared teams

But he was on another level he literally flew around the field he was a rocket and still is in ATL

The urgency in Deion Jones’ game was more on display. He read guards as well as anyone and had the speed to just destroy guys with his closing speed. Plus he was surprisingly strong against blockers.

Baker does everything Deion Jones does...just a tick worse. He’s barely slower, barely less physical, barely worse at making run game reads. 

51 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He is not Deion Jones

Well said. Roquan Smith and Dieon Jones on the other hand are similar. Smith will be drafted where Jones should have been.

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Well said. Roquan Smith and Dieon Jones on the other hand are similar. Smith will be drafted where Jones should have been.

No they aren't. Roquan Smith is much slower to the ball than Deion Jones was. Roquan is not a slow dude, but he's much more patient making reads whereas Jones was a freaking predator missile at the snap of the ball. Deion Jones was great at turning his speed into power when taking on blocks. Roquan slips blocks because when he gets engaged, he gets washed. Roquan is a great looking WLB prospect, but he cannot play ILB like Deion Jones can. Roquan needs to be better at stacking blockers in the hole if he wants to play MLB like Deion Jones does. Roquan Smith is more like a thicker Myles Jack.

I've seen some bizarre comparisons for Rashaad Penny recently. I keep seeing people compare him to powerful runningbacks. I've seen Kareem Hunt, Thomas Jones, and even Terrell Davis comparisons.

Those dudes are such tougher runners and weren't the kind of athlete that I think Penny is, but I've seen these power back comparisons enough times to think my evaluation is off.

My comparison for him was a slightly slower Tevin Coleman, an upright homerun hitter. While Penny is about 220 pounds, he doesn't run with the kind of power and pad level that would indicate to me that he's a power back. I do, however, like his ability to hit the hole fast and accelerate past defenders. He's not in my top 5 backs and is close to being outside my top 10. I don't really like him that much.

33 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I've seen some bizarre comparisons for Rashaad Penny recently. I keep seeing people compare him to powerful runningbacks. I've seen Kareem Hunt, Thomas Jones, and even Terrell Davis comparisons.

Those dudes are such tougher runners and weren't the kind of athlete that I think Penny is, but I've seen these power back comparisons enough times to think my evaluation is off.

My comparison for him was a slightly slower Tevin Coleman, an upright homerun hitter. While Penny is about 220 pounds, he doesn't run with the kind of power and pad level that would indicate to me that he's a power back. I do, however, like his ability to hit the hole fast and accelerate past defenders. He's not in my top 5 backs and is close to being outside my top 10. I don't really like him that much.

Bingo

On 1/15/2018 at 1:42 PM, brownie man said:

He is not Deion Jones

I'd put Jerome Baker as a more athletic Craig Robertson.

On 1/15/2018 at 12:23 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Penny = Bryce Brown

4 hours ago, Raves said:

I'd put Jerome Baker as a more athletic Craig Robertson.

Stop it, you are going off the deep end.Being an tOSU grad clearly doesn't make you good at evaluating players. And yes I am an tOSU fan, and yes I see the Deion Jones comparison, to a T actually. Not sure where all of this negative energy toward Baker is coming from but to call him Craig Robertson is just plain terrible. 

If this were the old forum,  I would have sig quoted this.

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Stop it, you are going off the deep end.Being an tOSU grad clearly doesn't make you good at evaluating players. And yes I am a tOSU fan, and yes I see the Deion Jones comparison, to a T actually. Not sure where all of this negative energy toward Baker is coming from but to call him Craig Robertson is just plain terrible. 

If this were the old forum,  I would have sig quoted this.

I'm not an OSU Grad, you got me confused with the previous guy.

I don't think calling him a more athletic Craig Robertson is an insult at all personally, especially since I'm a Saints fan.  I think Craig is a smart LBer that is able to play in coverage but his athleticism keeps him from being more than an average NFL starter.  I think a more athletic Craig Robertson is an above average NFL starter and where Jerome Baker will be.  He's solid in coverage, solid in run defense, solid/above average in rushing the passer and that's the same as Craig Robertson, though Robertson isn't nearly as athletic as Baker.  I personally want the Saints to draft Baker in the 3rd if/when he's there as I think he would upgrade our LBers.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

I'm not an OSU Grad, you got me confused with the previous guy.

I don't think calling him a more athletic Craig Robertson is an insult at all personally, especially since I'm a Saints fan.  I think Craig is a smart LBer that is able to play in coverage but his athleticism keeps him from being more than an average NFL starter.  I think a more athletic Craig Robertson is an above average NFL starter and where Jerome Baker will be.  He's solid in coverage, solid in run defense, solid/above average in rushing the passer and that's the same as Craig Robertson, though Robertson isn't nearly as athletic as Baker.  I personally want the Saints to draft Baker in the 3rd if/when he's there as I think he would upgrade our LBers.

Well, I do because im a Browns fan and if the Browns didn't take a shot on Robertson, he would probably be a kindergarten teacher. Lets relax, he was an UDFA who happened to get a shot from the worst team in football and who we let walk. You can find a Craig Robertson anywhere, thats highly offensive. Do yourself a favor and watch extensive amount of film because you clearly haven't watch enough of Baker to call him Craig Robertson. Christ....

Archived