Week 18 other games

SteelKing728

I think the only option for the league will be to just plainly cancel the game fully.  With the TV schedule as it is, it's probably virtually impossible at this point to push back everything a week.  League rules don't allow them to call it a tie (for competitive reasons), so I think that's the only option as both teams were unwilling to continue (for good reasons).    

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think the only option for the league will be to just plainly cancel the game fully.  With the TV schedule as it is, it's probably virtually impossible at this point to push back everything a week.  League rules don't allow them to call it a tie (for competitive reasons), so I think that's the only option as both teams were unwilling to continue (for good reasons).    

Flip a coin or pick two players to play Madden live. I’m sure they could do something interesting outside of upending the post season.

• Like 1

Frankly, I think the NFL needs to call the game a win for the Bengals. I know it sucks. But they were ahead when it happened. If it had happened in the middle of the 4th Quarter with the Bengals ahead, I think that's what would happen. It's an unprecedented situation, but you can't upend everything else. It sucks, but that's what should happen. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Frankly, I think the NFL needs to call the game a win for the Bengals. I know it sucks. But they were ahead when it happened. If it had happened in the middle of the 4th Quarter with the Bengals ahead, I think that's what would happen. It's an unprecedented situation, but you can't upend everything else. It sucks, but that's what should happen. 

That’s why I think they are waiting to see what happens this weekend. 

If KC wins Saturday afternoon, then home field advantage is theirs, and the result of the BUF/CIN is meaningless on that front. And if Cincinnati beats Baltimore, the AFC North goes to the Bengals regardless of the outcome of last weeks game. If both of those things happen, then the NFL can cancel the game and simply not count it in the standings. With the only aspect of the playoffs impacted being who is the 2nd vs 3rd seed. 

If KC loses and/or Baltimore wins, the NFL has a very tough decision to make. 

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

I really have no idea what they should do, other than not play it. Tie? No idea.

all i can suggest is:

• postpone the regular Week 18 games for one week
  • play the CIN-BUFF game on Week 18 at a neutral field (but even that could be a stretch as there are probably true PTSD cases going on for those players)
  • Week 18 regular games happen on Week 19
  • cancel the Pro Bowl
  • no week off between the last playoff games and the Super Bowl

47 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

all i can suggest is:

• postpone the regular Week 18 games for one week
  • play the CIN-BUFF game on Week 18 at a neutral field (but even that could be a stretch as there are probably true PTSD cases going on for those players)
  • Week 18 regular games happen on Week 19
  • cancel the Pro Bowl
  • no week off between the last playoff games and the Super Bowl

I think the logistics of that would be impossible. 

• Like 4