2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think soon the LV fan base will realize how good they’ve had it. I mean there’s ways you can upgrade (imo only Rodgers). But outside of that IMO everyone else that can be had is a downgrade. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. We’ve been looking for a QB for decades. What this fan base would do to get Carr like seasons each year. 

This is how I feel. It also gets to a point, though, where it is time to tear it down and start with something fresh so I don't blame them for wanting to move on. Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone tho

16 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

This is how I feel. It also gets to a point, though, where it is time to tear it down and start with something fresh so I don't blame them for wanting to move on. Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone tho

Carr wants his 40 million and he is not bending, as of today. 

Edited by doumeyer

10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Nice

Ya he will be moved after next weekend. It will not be for much I don't think. I think maybe a second round pick at best. I think the Jets are putting pressure on GB and Aaron Rodgers to find out what the deal is on this. I think Rodgers is option 1 and Carr option 2 which I would do. If they strike out on those too I'm going for Baker Mayfield. I have seen reports where the Rams would like to have Mike White go there and fill in for Stafford if need be. Mike White is loking for 5-10 mill a year. I personal think Mike White would do very well with the Rams. 

29 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

In comparison, Aaron Rodgers will count 15M against the cap for his acquiring team in 2023

Difference is is Carr is playing out that contract. Rodgers you have to pay for 4 years. But he might only play for 1 or 2. And in that 3rd and 4th years you pay him a ton.

Im pro either move. But Carr’s money isn’t bad.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Difference is is Carr is playing out that contract. Rodgers you have to pay for 4 years. But he might only play for 1 or 2. And in that 3rd and 4th years you pay him a ton.

Im pro either move. But Carr’s money isn’t bad.

Why would you have to pay Rodgers if he retires?

5 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Why would you have to pay Rodgers if he retires?

Because that’s how his contract is wrote up. If you trade for Rodgers you can defer his money until later on. And make his cap hit cheap for a QB of his caliber for 2 seasons. But you still have to give him that money. So if he retires let’s say after the 2024 season. The team would still owe him a ton of money in 25 and 26.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Because that’s how his contract is wrote up. If you trade for Rodgers you can defer his money until later on. And make his cap hit cheap for a QB of his caliber for 2 seasons. But you still have to give him that money. So if he retires let’s say after the 2024 season. The team would still owe him a ton of money in 25 and 26.

Not saying you’re wrong but ive never heard of a contract continuing to get paid and count against the cap post retirement.  Most the discourse you hear about Rodgers when they bring up will he retire this year and the answer from all the analysts is he wont walk away from the 60 mill he is guaranteed this year.

Would need to see a reliable source on this one

10 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Not saying you’re wrong but ive never heard of a contract continuing to get paid and count against the cap post retirement.  Most the discourse you hear about Rodgers when they bring up will he retire this year and the answer from all the analysts is he wont walk away from the 60 mill he is guaranteed this year.

Would need to see a reliable source on this one

I think there’s an option which would basically turn most of his salary in 2023 (apart from $15.8m) and spread it over a further three years. However that option means he gets a $58m signing bonus immediately.

So If he hangs it up after 2024 we are still paying him in ‘25&’26 for the deferred money. 

3 hours ago, Greene N White said:

That sure is the truth

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

At the end of the day it really doesn’t make a difference what us fans WANT.

But make no mistake that it shows a lot more to see Wilson’s teammates lobbying for a new QB in social media.

That shows how much they like him.

Just like the fans, the players know he is not a starting QB. Let’s hope he can be in two years.