2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

45 minutes ago, xrade said:

Just like the fans, the players know he is not a starting QB. Let’s hope he can be in two years. 

I really can’t see any scenario in which he starts for the Jets again barring injury. He hasn’t shown anything to warrant picking up the 5th year option, and any of these vets will likely be here for the next 2 years, except maybe Rodgers.

Starting to see more and more reports saying the Jets are lookimg at Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr and Jimmy G but would not stop there. I'm about 90% sure one of those 3 will be a Jet. I would rather have Baker over Jimmy but that is just me. Heck I like Sam Darnold over Jimmy too but I know Darnold is not coming back. Man I wish we would have hit on Darnold. That would have changed everything. I think if Darnold would have started his second year it would have been a new story. The guy was the youngest starting QB Week 1 in NFL history. 

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Starting to see more and more reports saying the Jets are lookimg at Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr and Jimmy G but would not stop there. I'm about 90% sure one of those 3 will be a Jet. I would rather have Baker over Jimmy but that is just me. Heck I like Sam Darnold over Jimmy too but I know Darnold is not coming back. Man I wish we would have hit on Darnold. That would have changed everything. I think if Darnold would have started his second year it would have been a new story. The guy was the youngest starting QB Week 1 in NFL history. 

We ruined him without giving him the necessary weapons and system. We did the same with Geno. Wilson has no excuses this last year bc we invested in the OL and well and got him. That’s why I have 0 optimism with Wilson.

21 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I really can’t see any scenario in which he starts for the Jets again barring injury. He hasn’t shown anything to warrant picking up the 5th year option, and any of these vets will likely be here for the next 2 years, except maybe Rodgers.

Agreed. If we sign a vet there is no reason not to try and move him. His contract will expire with the vet here and there is no way we are re-upping him the way hes played and then not seeing the field for 2 years. 

36 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed. If we sign a vet there is no reason not to try and move him. His contract will expire with the vet here and there is no way we are re-upping him the way hes played and then not seeing the field for 2 years. 

Plus the locker room clearly doesn’t want him and/or like him. Would rather have a vet and White. Get any compensation for Zach. 

28 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Plus the locker room clearly doesn’t want him and/or like him. Would rather have a vet and White. Get any compensation for Zach. 

There’s logic behind that bc like you I think he’s done. He’s close to a 10min cap hit this year. When I’m the field he’s worth about $100. You can probably sign White for half that cap hit and have a better backup in case the very we sign goes down.

But I do believe the FO when they say they’re keeping Wilson. I think we get a vet and keep Wilson as our only backup. Maybe we grab someone late or UDFA on the PS. And they’re our 3td guy hats never active. The good news for us is that if we do go Rodgers or Carr. They pretty much never miss time. Now we go the Jimmy G route and Wilson is playing in 2023. Which appears would have his teammates more upset than us as fans. 😉 

Our players are young, immature and selfish. Regardless of how anyone feels about the kid, their behavior online is embarrassing. It’s funny though they wanted him benched because they wanted White and then we went and lost 6 straight games and missed the playoffs. Maybe we shouldn’t be listening to them. 

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We ruined him without giving him the necessary weapons and system. We did the same with Geno. Wilson has no excuses this last year bc we invested in the OL and well and got him. That’s why I have 0 optimism with Wilson.

That’s nonsense because the OL we invested in was hurt for most of the year or awful in Tomlinson’s case and the receivers, aside from Garrett, were extremely inconsistent. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Our players are young, immature and selfish. Regardless of how anyone feels about the kid, their behavior online is embarrassing. It’s funny though they wanted him benched because they wanted White and then we went and lost 6 straight games and missed the playoffs. Maybe we shouldn’t be listening to them. 

Or maybe both White and Wilson suck.