2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I also think it'll be interesting what we do at WR. Assuming we cut Davis. We need a starting WR. Not sure we trust Mims to be that guy for us. So interested to see who we target for that. A FA or a guy in the 1st few rounds of the draft.

If we draft a WR, I'd rather it be a day 3 pick for 2 reasons.  First have more important needs ATM.  Second, Wilson is our de facto #1 and Moore will be starting and hopefully getting his share of looks.  Why would we want to spend a day 1 or 2 pick on a WR3?

35 minutes ago, xrade said:

If we draft a WR, I'd rather it be a day 3 pick for 2 reasons.  First have more important needs ATM.  Second, Wilson is our de facto #1 and Moore will be starting and hopefully getting his share of looks.  Why would we want to spend a day 1 or 2 pick on a WR3?

Because WR is one of the most important positions on the field and Moore hasn't proven to be a reliable WR2 yet. He may only be a slot guy and would leave us needing more.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I also think it'll be interesting what we do at WR. Assuming we cut Davis. We need a starting WR. Not sure we trust Mims to be that guy for us. So interested to see who we target for that. A FA or a guy in the 1st few rounds of the draft.

DeAndre Hopkins???

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

Because WR is one of the most important positions on the field and Moore hasn't proven to be a reliable WR2 yet. He may only be a slot guy and would leave us needing more.

He was reliable in 2021.  He became unreliable when Zach did not improve, MLF ignored him, and Wilson is proven to be better.  It is that last point that makes getting a day 1 or 2 WR less than a stellar use of assets.

53 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We can't afford to deal a pick and pay a premium. 

I'd run it back with Davis, Wilson, Moore, Mims and add another vet and draft pick. 

Especially because we're most likely dealing our premium picks for a QB. 

I merely said those names just in case one wants to chase proven WR.

JSS is FA I believe. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We can't afford to deal a pick and pay a premium. 

I'd run it back with Davis, Wilson, Moore, Mims and add another vet and draft pick. 

Especially because we're most likely dealing our premium picks for a QB. 

Well we can if we aren’t trading for a QB.

Bit I see what you’re saying. I also think JD operates where he doesn’t like cutting guys until he has a replacement. But there’s a certain respect you give vets to be able to test FA from the get go. Rather than waiting until you’ve replaced them and then cut them and eliminate most the teams that would’ve wanted them. Davis falls under this category.