2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk man it follows the report of Woody wanting something to be done about the money. He doesn’t want to pay $60M to Rodgers.

Not wanting to pay it and not budgeting for it are different.  The second they started talking to GB I'm sure it came up.  I guess before Rodgers became available they weren't expecting to pay out $60M sure but once those talks started happening pretty sure it was discussed.  Tweet reads weird I guess.

20 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lazard and Cobb are coming to play not sit the bench.

This is gonna end bad.

neither of them are better than moore or wilson. if thats the case I hate this. I dont like the lazard move, hes had mediocre production with a HOF QB. He is the epitome of mid. 

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Better yeah, so much better probably not.  

Give Davis a year with a HOF QB and im sure hes surpassing 1000 yards if hes healthy, obvious the main caveat. Lazard has gotten 5 years and hasnt eclipsed 800 yards. He is a WR3 on this team honestly.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

If we go into training camp with Wilson, Lazard, Moore, Cobb and Mims as our top five WRs, that is really really good. Three young guys with loads of potential and (finally) a QB to get that upside out of them, and two guys who have immeasurable chemistry with said QB.

I don't see an issue here. Just because Aaron Rodgers seemed to struggle with chemistry with the likes of Romeo Doubs and Christian Watson at times in Green Bay last season, that does not mean the same thing will happen once we open camp and he starts working with Wilson, Moore and Mims. 

Wilson is our stud. No worries there. The other two guys have asked for trades recently, so they have everything to prove to Rodgers, Hackett and the entire organization. This could lead to them breaking out, or it could lead them out the door. 

But the depth looks very good on paper. 

I agree with this as long as lazard doesn't make too much. Rodgers had great chemistry with Watson but he was injured a good amount and had his rookie issues that all players will have. Half the year lazard was our number one wr while not having a good te thus the issues. He's a really solid 3 that knows your system. Pair that with Wilson and your other guys and you've got a really nice wr room. Exciting times to be a jet fan

Edited by PackFan13