2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

Aside from the Rodgers deal;

Preety upset we’ve not been able to land either Brown or Cox. Both would have been great moves but I see why we couldn’t get the deal done when you consider how good both Bengals and Eagles are. 

So far (and I know it’s only a few days) we’ve not really done anything to improve the roster. The $15m we are paying Lawson could have been used elsewhere as could the $10.5m Corey is collecting. 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

Aside from the Rodgers deal;

Preety upset we’ve not been able to land either Brown or Cox. Both would have been great moves but I see why we couldn’t get the deal done when you consider how good both Bengals and Eagles are. 

So far (and I know it’s only a few days) we’ve not really done anything to improve the roster. The $15m we are paying Lawson could have been used elsewhere as could the $10.5m Corey is collecting. 

So far this is a lost off season, I agree with you.

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

So far this is a lost off season, I agree with you.

Like others have said the idea this team is so good and just Aaron Rodgers away from a Super Bowl is the biggest load of bollocks ever. 

We have talent and young homegrown talent which is amazing and all….but we needed to improve the o-line, the d-line and at linebacker/safety. 

There’s been players out there that could have been acquired that could have given us a really good team. Add the Rodgers trade to that and we are cooking.

I just don’t think this idea of ‘if we get Rodgers’ we are winning the Super Bowl is realistic. We need to improve this roster irregardless of adding a top qb. 

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's pretty big leverage if you ask me, especially with the FA QB class dwindling by the day.  Right now, the QB class consists of Carson Wentz, Marcus Mariota, and Matt Ryan as your "best" options.  Zach Wilson was a bottom 5 QB last year, and all of those guys might be worse.

They can always stand strong with that they think a new system and another off-season of maturity will be great for him. And if it isn’t they’ll reevaluate after 2023. Doubt Zach has came up in talks. But I’m sure even if he is, the Jets are saying he’s garbage. They’re going to talk like they fully believe in him. And that they’re only interested in getting a new QB if it’s the likes of AR or someone of that status.

We might know that that’s BS. But I’m sure that’s their stance. Where it makes us not look as QB desperate. Makes ya look like we want AR but if not we believe in Zach as well.

25 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He has got NOTHING right in this situation. I know he is not happy about this. Rodgers is making him look like a clown. Sorry Adam players are starting to turn on you with info. I'm taking this report as if the Jets will NOT give up a first round pick. Now if Wingo came out and said this I would be a lot more concerned. 

36 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rodgers can act like no one knows anything but Schefter and Rap have been on point regarding this. 

Have they though? They pretty much just said the same thing Wingo said after Wingo said it. And probably only know a deal is close bc Wingo said it is yesterday.

They know nothing. They're just retweeting Wingo.

They're making up BS to make is sound like they're doing their job. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Have they though? They pretty much just said the same thing Wingo said after Wingo said it. And probably only know a deal is close bc Wingo said it is yesterday.

They know nothing. They're just retweeting Wingo.

They're making up BS to make is sound like they're doing their job. 

Yes. They said no deal has been reached. That’s a fact Rodgers himself confirmed. 

When it comes to Rodgers personal thinking that’s one thing but in terms of the trade itself they’ve said countless times the teams are far apart which is true as this has been going on for over a month now. 

If we give up a first plus, we might as well try and get lamar who we'll have for years and we can structure the deal to fit our cap this year. A first for one year of Rodgers is just bad business.                                                  

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If we give up a first plus, we might as well try and get lamar who we'll have for years and we can structure the deal to fit our cap this year. A first for one year of Rodgers is just bad business.                                                  

It really is and that’s why Woody running around yelling QB is the missing piece was stupid. Makes the team look desperate on top of the fact the team was not a QB away though better play was needed.

Now we’re in a pickle of sorts. People will be mad at Green Bay for holding him hostage but honestly should they just give him away for pennies on the dollar?