2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We’ll be doing that anyway even with Rodgers. He’s got a year left maybe two. I’d rather take Jimmy G and keep my picks. 

I honestly can't see how you can have watched the 49ers the last few years, and think Jimmy G is the solution.  Mind boggling.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I honestly can't see how you can have watched the 49ers the last few years, and think Jimmy G is the solution.  Mind boggling.

I don’t think Jimmy G is the solution, I also don’t think Rodgers or Carr or Wilson or Darnold or any QB is the solution.

The solution is a quality OC or Head Coach who can get this offense playing at a consistently high level. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I hate this mentality. Like really hate it. 

I mean you are entitled to yours.  I think it really depends on what the actual compensation is.  The packers will be over the cap.  Rodgers can force his way out of Green Bay if he wants.  Just because Peter King said he thinks its 2 firsts doesnt mean it will be.  It could be 2 2nds or a 2 and a 3.  Would you be ok with that?  I mean besides Oakland who else is really looking.  Rodgers basically can pick were he wants to go because he will have to restructure his deal where he winds up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYJETS52 said:

I mean you are entitled to yours.

Saying the other players on the team are essentially worthless is a terrible mentality. I’m really starting to just hate everything around this organization. Even in the worst days of the franchise it wasn’t this awful. 

8 hours ago, NYJETS52 said:

Mortgage our Future.  I'm sorry if you arent named AVT, Sauce, Q OR GW what first rounds picks do we have that are any good?  How many are still with the team?  Still in the league?  We have not been a great drafting team. 

Going by that logic we would never draft players again. We need to get out of this mentality. I understand we’ve all been burnt before but just looking at recent draft form and JD has been lethal. 

It’s not the the finished article by no stretch of the imagination but the fruits of JD’s labour are starting be realised now. We need to have another successful draft and this team will be littered with talent top to bottom. 

If we can bring Rodgers in and simultaneity build Zach up with his idol/mentor then it’s a win/win but JD won’t be bullied into paying multiple firsts for a 40yr old. 

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if you wanna try and do what San Francisco has been doing for the four years all the power to you.  But don't be surprised when you're QB shopping again in a couple of years.

SF have been so ridiculously unlucky it’s a joke:

•Their franchise qb they traded up for has barely played a snap due to injury.

•Their qb who replaced him (who in his own right is a starter in this league) was then lost for the year. 

•Mr Irrelevant comes in and lights it up and they still are a whisker away from a SB appearance. 

If it wasn’t for a horrific case of misfortune the 49ers would be in the SB this year. If we were to trade for Rodgers it would for me be a win now move for the franchise but also a win later move as I genuinely feel he’s exactly what we need to give Zach ANY chance of making it here. 

Purdy did play well the last 7 games of the season, Jimmy G at this point in his career is still a better option than anyone on the 49ers and I think they blew threw 3 number 1's for a guy who will have a difficult time even cracking the lineup.

So Purdy looks promising, but it is a small sample size of his ability or lack thereof. Jimmy G has a history of being injured which is not good.

I say the Jury is out on the Q position for the 49ers, but considering the way Purdy played there is hope and optimism going forward.

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Saying the other players on the team are essentially worthless is a terrible mentality. I’m really starting to just hate everything around this organization. Even in the worst days of the franchise it wasn’t this awful. 

I think you are way off here. Rich Kottie days, Adam Gase days and other are WAY worse than now. Last year we have the worse D in Jets history and close to the worse D in NFL history. I agree this team seems to get that bad deal a lot but what JD did with last years draft is CRAZY. He hits on anther 2 drafts in a row this team is going to be good for a very long time. I like this process better than anything else since Rex Ryan was here. I like the idea of getting that vet guy to come in and laed this team. I'm all for drafting a guy like Will Rodgers to come in as number 3 and work with the vet. Then when the vet in done in 2 years you can see what Will Rodgers and Wilson can do. 

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t think Jimmy G is the solution, I also don’t think Rodgers or Carr or Wilson or Darnold or any QB is the solution.

The solution is a quality OC or Head Coach who can get this offense playing at a consistently high level. 

We tried everything else and nothing worked so we will try it your way, because Salah isn't the answer either. I just think everybody on this board has had a belly full of losing.

As for Rodgers, any time you can grab an MVP one year removed and won twice out of the past 3 years you do it.

The cool thing with the Jets is they have the ability to do it financially. But the Jets are not obligated to do so, and neither are they in a position to fork over high draft capitol.

In fact the Jets could just move on to another QB, but if G.B. truly cut ties with the Jets then reasonable compensation should be given and not some over the top craziness that is being reported.

Taking on the contract is favor enough for GB, but trading a third rounder that turns into a second rounder if they make the playoffs next year would be good comp. If the Jets should somehow make the SB then the compensation could rise to a number 1 next year.

This year they could give a 2nd rounder or just next years 1st rounder and call it a day.

I don't see the Jets in a must trade for Rodgers scenario, but that is not to take away from the man as a Qb. What I do see is that GB doesn't have the Jets over a barrel with Rodgers contract.

Rodgers is getting paid, so retirement is out of the question. You don't walk away from 60 million dollars guaranteed with another 49 for next year.

If the Jets are smart they guarantee Rodgers contract the next 2 years and add another year at 40 mill. 

The Jets then have Rodgers for the next 3 years.

• Like 1

You're in sales, aren't you?  You can attribute Rodgers less than Rodgers-like season all you want on the team, but it is also quite possible that Rodgers at age 39 is just declining.  Why else would all the reports about GB wanting to get rid of him be floated out there?

LOL there is no way you watch the Jets then. Be honest, you dont. Jimmy G is still a significant upgrade for what weve gotten from the QB position.

• Like 1

Just now, xrade said:

You're in sales, aren't you?  You can attribute Rodgers less than Rodgers-like season all you want on the team, but it is also quite possible that Rodgers at age 39 is just declining.  Why else would all the reports about GB wanting to get rid of him be floated out there?

Because GB is in cap hell and they are not a win now team. They need to get what they can for Rodgers and move on with Love. I think the 2 first round picks is a wish that Peter King came up with. Remember Peter King is a big Pats fan and hates the Jets. He will always try to put the Jets or make them look stupid. I know we don;t need much help but he blows it up more than it really is. The first thing is GB needs to find a team that can take the cap hit and will want a QB that they can win with now. That is only the Raiders and Jets. 

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Because GB is in cap hell and they are not a win now team. They need to get what they can for Rodgers and move on with Love. I think the 2 first round picks is a wish that Peter King came up with. Remember Peter King is a big Pats fan and hates the Jets. He will always try to put the Jets or make them look stupid. I know we don;t need much help but he blows it up more than it really is. The first thing is GB needs to find a team that can take the cap hit and will want a QB that they can win with now. That is only the Raiders and Jets. 

I am glad everybody woke up in a nasty mood today, because you can't win in this this league without a top QB, I don't care who the team is. Look at the SF 49ers great offensive great defensive went thru four QB's in one week and ended up looking like the 1976 0-14 Tampa Bay Bucks. What happens if we don't get Rogers, what do we do than?

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

We tried everything else and nothing worked so we will try it your way, because Salah isn't the answer either. I just think everybody on this board has had a belly full of losing.

Idk, I’m just never sold on flash in the pan success. Going all in for a single year or two of contention and then 10+ years of failure isn’t exciting to me at all. 

• Like 2