What QB is under the most pressure this postseason?

CP3MVP

Which QB is under the most pressure this postseason and why?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB is under the most pressure this playoffs and why

• Josh Allen
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Brock Purdy
    • Tom Brady
    • Dak Prescott
    • Trevor Lawrence
    • Geno smith
    • Joe Burrow
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Daniel Jones
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Jalen Hurts
    • Justin Herbert
    • Tua

42 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I agree with Dak and Cousins. A bad showing from either of them would definitely lead to those teams looking elsewhere.

Lamar isn't under pressure to do anything. He's most likely not going to play as it is and he'll just parlay this injury into forcing a trade to another team.

I went with Lamar because it feels like injury is a convenient excuse to avoid flopping in the playoffs again. Of course he is actually injured, but if it wasn’t for injury he would be the top of the list because he is widely regarded as being better than both Cousins and Prescott. 

1 hour ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I think Josh Allen. You want to in the big boys club you have to start winning the games that matter. He’s a heck of talent but to be on the Mahomes level you need to start winning in the postseason.

I’d say Dak next but I think deep down everyone knows Dak isn’t elite - he’s a talented game manager. 

Josh has been otherworldly in the playoffs, and has won “games that matter” the Bills haven’t gotten over the Chiefs hump yet, but to say he hasn’t won games that matter is disingenuous. He has a 14/1 Td:int ratio in 6 games averaging 286 ypg, on top of rushing stats.

It isn’t his fault his defense couldn’t stop a fg drive with 13 seconds left.

• Like 1

In order:

1. Dak: Lots of chances before, but really needs to deliver the Cowboys a deep run or his seat will be warm
2. Cousins: Vikings had a great season, but he's been Mr. Mediocre for a looooong time.  Needs to show he can be their guy still and isn't the upgrade they need to make to take the next step.
3. Allen: Still young, but this team, as early as they were crowned, needs to win a Super Bowl, or at least make it very close for the season not to be a slight failure.
4. Herbert: The other young stud QBs have some accomplishments, but he doesn't.  He needs to show that he can do more than good regular season numbers.
5. Daniel Jones: He's been a bum, but had a good season.  Win a playoff game or two to make it clear the team can invest in you going forward.
6. Tua: Similar to Jones, Tua needs to show that good Miami wasn't a fluke.
7. Burrow: If he wants to join the elites, he needs to advance again.
8. Smith: Is he the long term answer?  A win or two in the playoffs would certainly make it look like he is.
9. Hurts: Just because they were so good, he needs to win a playoff game for it not to be a disappointment.
10. Brady:  Because he's getting old, and it's maybe his last chance, but his reputation isn't in jeopardy.
11 & 12. Purdy and Huntley: There's no pressure, really, but they stand to gain a good bit with good performances.
13. Lawrence: The Jags already won a playoff game by beating the Titans to make the playoffs.  Anything they do past this point is gravy.
14. Mahomes: The only thing I can think would count as pressure is pressure on him to keep winning huge games to put him in future GOAT conversation, and if that's all there is, pretty hard to put him anywhere higher than anyone else.  Nothing that Mahomes does in the playoffs will change the narrative of Mahomes next year significantly.

28 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I went with Lamar because it feels like injury is a convenient excuse to avoid flopping in the playoffs again. Of course he is actually injured, but if it wasn’t for injury he would be the top of the list because he is widely regarded as being better than both Cousins and Prescott. 

Oh yeah if he wasn't injured he would be at the top of the list. I don't think he's using the injury to avoid playing in the playoffs, I think he's using the injury to avoid playing period.

• Like 2

I think it easily has to be Dak Prescott because of the Cowboys recent flameouts. Cousins is in a similar predicament but not as bad because the Vikings exceeded all expectations with a first year head coach this season. There's some pressure for Allen to get the Bills over the hump too but he has already solidified himself as that dude so it's different.

2 hours ago, Soggust said:

Maybe Dak because he's been sputtering and Cowboys fans won't take well to getting bounced after two 12 win seasons?

Maybe Burrow because he probably starts getting the "can't win the big one" bs if he comes up just short again?

Dak for sure.  Not sure who is tagging Joe with "can't win the big one" after he beat the 1 seed Titans and 2 seed Chiefs on the road last year.  If they lose badly in the Super Bowl, then maybe.

• Like 1