What QB is under the most pressure this postseason?

CP3MVP

Which QB is under the most pressure this postseason and why?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB is under the most pressure this playoffs and why

• Josh Allen
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Brock Purdy
    • Tom Brady
    • Dak Prescott
    • Trevor Lawrence
    • Geno smith
    • Joe Burrow
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Daniel Jones
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Jalen Hurts
    • Justin Herbert
    • Tua

Oddly enough, no one really sticks out. Everyone is either well established vet or a young and ascending player with no mounting expectations. Maybe if Lamar was healthy there would be some pressure to perform given his contract situation, but even then, eh. I'll vote Josh Allen by default just because the Bills were pegged to win the SB in September.

Also, I love how you just gave up on trying to spell Tagovailoa. 

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 2

Just now, Manny/Patrick said:

I want to say Purdy since he will more than likely lose his job if he has a bad game, I still don’t understand why people say he needs playoff experience yet Hurts only have 1 start and he played awful against TB last year

Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant. His bar could not be lower.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I want to say Purdy since he will more than likely lose his job if he has a bad game, I still don’t understand why people say he needs playoff experience yet Hurts only have 1 start and he played awful against TB last year

Purdy doesn't have a job to lose right now, I would imagine. Maybe he just loses his chance to full on take it away. 

There's no reason to just name either he or Lance a starter next year without a camp battle and I don't believe (right now) that Shanny will do that (that is to say, I don't think Shanny will name either QB the starter way ahead of camp). Its a disservice to the team to not have the camp battle regardless. I think Purdy probably wins that camp battle. 

• Like 2

Probably Mahomes? If he wins MVP? Especially if he loses to Bengals?

Maybe Dak because he's been sputtering and Cowboys fans won't take well to getting bounced after two 12 win seasons?

Maybe Burrow because he probably starts getting the "can't win the big one" bs if he comes up just short again?

Kirks already got that label so this buries him?

Lamar Jackson considering he's looking to get paid?

Allen I think would be the frontrunner prior to Hamlin and maybe still is?

------

Lots of good arguments I think. Good topic.

Dak Prescott - Contract is looming hard with how he's played.

Lamar Jackson - The injury derails this some, but also he stands to make or break his contract a little in the playoffs.

Josh Allen

Kirk Cousins - Carries a certain persona around that he can't step up often enough.

Patrick Mahomes

Something like this for the Top 5 for me. 

I think Josh Allen. You want to in the big boys club you have to start winning the games that matter. He’s a heck of talent but to be on the Mahomes level you need to start winning in the postseason.

I’d say Dak next but I think deep down everyone knows Dak isn’t elite - he’s a talented game manager.