Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

I am having a gout attack right now - if you are not familiar - they are crazy painful.  Like a super bad sprain that doesn't stop hurting until it is all over.  Been going for 2 days now and counting.  Difficult to sleep with it.  The drugs I take to combat it hurt my stomach.  

I had to drive to court in Cook county this morning because clerk's never answer phone any more.  Something I could have done over zoom if they would have answered a simple question, but I couldn't risk it.  

Then I had to park in this parking garage that was like a block away from court house and hobble on my uber painful foot in dress shoes.

Then bailiff makes a snide comment to me for not taking off my belt (every courthouse is different on taking belt on or off) - I just guessed I could keep it on and guessed wrong.  

But all that being said, I am having a great morning!  LOL

The judge dismissed both of my clients tickets making me look like super attorney to my client. 

Then I get back to office and solved two other major problems going on with closings and got clear to close on both.

Going to get rid of most of an escrow I am holding on this sewer connection in a small town. 

And I finished a message I volunteered to give in youth group tonight - we have no youth pastor at moment so leaders give messages for kids.  A lot of work to prepare a 25 minute presentation and try to make it entertaining for kids.  

I like checking off boxes and getting stuff off my plate.

In other news I drove right past Arlington Park on way to courthouse.  About 27 minutes by car from house door to door.  Sweet!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Now I have two attorneys upset at me about this or that and sending me snide emails.  

The emotional ups and downs of my job throughout day.   LOL

You need thick skin these days.  A lot of people are not nice.  

I can't handle your job.  I would end up cursing at people lolz eheheheeh😁🤣  Now, I'm just a crypto investor.  BSing online is my other job lolz ahhahaha😂

But, NMN can help old age get better at 500mg/day.  I have been taking it for about 5 years now (1000mg/day for the last year).  It's awesome.  Back spasm/join pains are 99% gone.  Look/feel young.  Youtube search (Joe Rogan + NMN + Dr Sinclair). Best wishes... :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I am having a gout attack right now - if you are not familiar - they are crazy painful.  Like a super bad sprain that doesn't stop hurting until it is all over.  Been going for 2 days now and counting.  Difficult to sleep with it.  The drugs I take to combat it hurt my stomach.  

I had to drive to court in Cook county this morning because clerk's never answer phone any more.  Something I could have done over zoom if they would have answered a simple question, but I couldn't risk it.  

Then I had to park in this parking garage that was like a block away from court house and hobble on my uber painful foot in dress shoes.

Then bailiff makes a snide comment to me for not taking off my belt (every courthouse is different on taking belt on or off) - I just guessed I could keep it on and guessed wrong.  

But all that being said, I am having a great morning!  LOL

The judge dismissed both of my clients tickets making me look like super attorney to my client. 

Then I get back to office and solved two other major problems going on with closings and got clear to close on both.

Going to get rid of most of an escrow I am holding on this sewer connection in a small town. 

And I finished a message I volunteered to give in youth group tonight - we have no youth pastor at moment so leaders give messages for kids.  A lot of work to prepare a 25 minute presentation and try to make it entertaining for kids.  

I like checking off boxes and getting stuff off my plate.

In other news I drove right past Arlington Park on way to courthouse.  About 27 minutes by car from house door to door.  Sweet!

Sorry to hear about the gout attack but it's awesome you were able to be so productive anyway!

So you're volunteering to house us out of towners when we want to go to a game in the new stadium. I read that right? Lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Sorry to hear about the gout attack but it's awesome you were able to be so productive anyway!

So you're volunteering to house us out of towners when we want to go to a game in the new stadium. I read that right? Lol

Booking my flight now. lol

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I can tell you a story about that from way back when.  

When I was coaching football I met all these coaches online from around country.   

One guy was kind of well known at time in our circles (online).   He had some national pop warner titles.   Some little giants teams he worked wonders with in sticks.  

I got to chatting with him about all these ideas I had in coaching.  So one year he's talking to me and he got let go from a HS coaching gig for some reason I don't recall and he offers to travel to IL from Carolina and stay with me a few weeks and help me coach our team.     

I'm like I don't have an extra bedroom for you.  

He's like I don't care.  I can sleep on couch or the floor.  He was different cat.

I was like that sounds cool.  Lets do it. 

My wife was like.  Nope.   Are you nuts?  You don't even know this guy except for online.   

She was probably correct.   LOL.  

Happy to meet you guys out some time if you go to a game and show you around - though not much to see in Western Suburbs.

You have probably already seen a Walmart, a Target and a Costco.    

But you can't stay at my house.  It's Holiday Inn for you folk. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Man, I tell you what, I misread that at first, and I kinda missed the rest of your post as I'm just so darn relieved that you're not being attacked by a goat right now

I’m trying to visualize what a goat attack would look like that would allow you to post on a forum during it. I’d imagine the goat got into some cocaine and testosterone/steroids and you’re stuck in a little shack while it rams the door again and again 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Booking my flight now. lol

I'm taking the train. Mods don't get paid much here. Lol

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I can tell you a story about that from way back when.  

When I was coaching football I met all these coaches online from around country.   

One guy was kind of well known at time in our circles (online).   He had some national pop warner titles.   Some little giants teams he worked wonders with in sticks.  

I got to chatting with him about all these ideas I had in coaching.  So one year he's talking to me and he got let go from a HS coaching gig for some reason I don't recall and he offers to travel to IL from Carolina and stay with me a few weeks and help me coach our team.     

I'm like I don't have an extra bedroom for you.  

He's like I don't care.  I can sleep on couch or the floor.  He was different cat.

I was like that sounds cool.  Lets do it. 

My wife was like.  Nope.   Are you nuts?  You don't even know this guy except for online.   

She was probably correct.   LOL.  

Happy to meet you guys out some time if you go to a game and show you around - though not much to see in Western Suburbs.

You have probably already seen a Walmart, a Target and a Costco.    

But you can't stay at my house.  It's Holiday Inn for you folk. 

I used to email Billy Gonzales back the first time he was a WR coach at UF and he was who I was going to try to get into coaching under. One of the guys that was a regular at the restaurant I served at was friends that went to college with him and gave me his email when we started talking, Billy signed the hat and sent it to him. Everything was going great but he wanted me to come down, but I don't think he remembered I lived in IL and was living off tips and side gigs on the weekend. I feel like he thought I could come down and get it signed off as a recruiting gig but FLA wasn't bringing me down for a visit since there's no way in hell I could play at that level. So eventually I decided on sticking near home and playing D3. 

Completely screwed that choice up. Could have been part of 2 national championships as long as Aaron Hernandez didn't decide to shoot me. 

But those stores are better than here. Do they have a Dollar General there? I can show you 3 here (between the three towns of course)! We have had a Subway, Hardee's and Dairy Queen all move out. lol 

UhoOxw6.jpg

I smirked at them using the bears icon for Marshall. When I think of BMarsh, the broncos are still the first team I think of. He did have his best statistical years in Chicago but they should’ve given him a broncos icon. 

• Like 1

I watched a handful of 2022 football games of Carolina this weekend.

Observations:

Carolina has a pretty good O line and a really good defense.

I am not that impressed with Foreman.  Carolina even seemed to prefer Hubbard over him in a lot of situations as he was faster.  Montgomery is a much better RB in my opinion. 

Their QB play was abysmal.   Awful.   Putrid.    They would have had a good team with one more offensive weapon and even decent QB play.

Denver was even worse.  I watched a game with them and Carolina and followed them for a few more games.   What a disaster their season was.   Russell Wilson looked like he was a 7th round rookie playing football for first time.   What a terrible trade that is looking like at moment.

DJ Moore is really good.   He did have one bad drop right in his hands, but those happen.  With good QB play he could have been a 1000k receiver in 2022.   He was clearly their best offensive player, but he had games where they didn't even throw him ball.  What can you do?

• Like 1

Random question for the rando thoughts thread:

What's the "Chicago Cubs for Dummies" these days?  I have a vendor visiting from the UK and he's really excited to see a Cubs game so bought us some kind of hospitality package thing.  I did warn him I have zero interest in baseball so won't be a particularly good tour guide, which he doesn't quite believe as he realized I live kinda close to the stadium last time he was here and thought that must mean we go all the time (I last went to a Cubs game in 2004)

What's the deal with the Cubs? Are they good? Who are the good players, any interesting stories right now?  It's against the Cardinals if that helps.  We hate them right?