AP All-Pro teams announced

minutemancl

47 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Sauce making first team all-pro his rookie season

Reaction GIF

What's crazy is that he actually wasn't even better than Tariq Woolen this year and Woolen didn't even make All-Pro at all lol

Dude led the league in INT's and had the lowest passer rating when targeted by far for ALL CB's.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/defense_advanced.htm

Which isn't to say Sauce wasn't great this year - he was - but so was Woolen. Too bad the rest of the Seahawks defense was utter trash.

• Like 2

I would have liked to see Burrow, Chase or Reader make the 2nd team, but no complaints about those who edged them out.

Having said that, they need to update the positions format by dropping an LB and adding a nickel CB. Or perhaps just adding the nickel. The current "base defense" format is relevant for like 1998's NFL.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm really surprised by how few quibbles I have with those teams. 

That was my first thought too. I was ready to jump on the list, but was mildly surprised to see there really wasn't anyone I would take off or say was outright snubbed. Little biased, but I'd say Marlon Humphrey was arguably deserving of a 2nd team nod, but I can understand why he didn't make it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What's crazy is that he actually wasn't even better than Tariq Woolen this year and Woolen didn't even make All-Pro at all lol

Dude led the league in INT's and had the lowest passer rating when targeted by far for ALL CB's.

Which isn't to say Sauce wasn't great this year - he was - but so was Woolen. Too bad the rest of the Seahawks defense was utter trash.

The numbers from Pro Football Reference aren't all correct. For comparison, PFF | PFR (Sauce):

• Completion Percentage: 45% | 54%
  • Passer Rating: 52.5% | 62.7% 

Sauce led the league in both, according to PFF. Not to say either is the point of truth, but I know by looking at the per game #s that Pro Football Reference is off. 

Edited by NJC33

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

The numbers from Pro Football Reference aren't all correct. For comparison, PFF | PFR (Sauce):

• Completion Percentage: 45% | 54%
  • Passer Rating: 52.5% | 62.7% 

Sauce led the league in both, according to PFF. Not to say either is the point of truth, but I know by looking at the per game #s that Pro Football Reference is off. 

How the hell are their stats so obviously different? And why would anyone trust PFF or PFR? Also can you do the same breakdown for Woolen's?

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How the hell are their stats so obviously different? And why would anyone trust PFF or PFR? Also can you do the same breakdown for Woolen's?

PFF: 55.9% completion percentage against / 70 passer rating against

PFR: 51.5% completion percentage against / 48.7 passer rating against 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

It's because they aren't 100% sure on coverages and responsibilities. This has been a problem for quite some time with PFF and I assume that PFR is the same. 

Well I'm choosing to believe PFR personally because PFF's incompetence is well known and documented. Hell, it's so bad that Seahawks Safety Ryan Neal got 3 All-Pro votes strictly off of his PFF grade, which is hilariously high for a safety who is not good.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/ryan-neal/49132

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Has that ever happened before?  That's insane to me.  Its usually a position that's difficult to transition to the pros. 

According to Rich Cimini, the last CB to do that was Ronnie Lott 40 years ago.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Being on a NY team helps, and so did his ability to shine big in big moments (like his game ending pass breakup to beat BUF). I didn't watch Woolen so I can't compare them, but I can say that Sauce really made a spectacle of his pass breakups. Like, it would be a deep pass, sometimes in the endzone or near it, and the receiver would a step ahead of Sauce and have the ball in their hands - 100% going to catch this pass - and Sauce would somehow instantly make up the ground and rip it out of their hands. He's been super fun to watch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ha I was wondering the same thing. CB metrics are tough because you obviously have to assume who's responsible, without knowing the coverage.

PFF isn't nearly as high on Woolen (31/122 CBs), which makes it all the more ridiculous. 

• Like 1