PLAYOFFS! Wild Card Game: Ravens @ Bengals (Greg Roman's Last Stand)

wackywabbit

6 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Process > results. Just say Huntley effed up. It’s okay man. It’s not all coaching fault. Blame harbaugh for running the clock down too much or other things. 

I mean good process probably involves running at least one play for your best player rather than dialing it up for Pat Ricard and Tyler Huntley but idk 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I mean good process probably involves running at least one play for your best player rather than dialing it up for Pat Ricard and Tyler Huntley but idk 

Did we miss Gus getting absolutely stuffed? We called the most successful play in NFL HISTORY!!!! And y’all are complaining because our backup QB tried to be Friday night lights out there. 

• Like 1

Just now, M.10.E said:

Did we miss Gus getting absolutely stuffed? We called the most successful play in NFL HISTORY!!!! And y’all are complaining because our backup QB tried to be Friday night lights out there. 

We called the most successfull play in NFL History in the wrong situation, that's the argument here. You're calling a QB sneak from a full yard or more outside of the goal line.

Here's where you call a QB sneak:

NFL on Twitter: "Jalen Hurts QB sneak for a TD run it back 💪 📺: #PHIvsAZ  on FOX 📱: Stream on NFL+ https://t.co/EybGs8i0rM https://t.co/GqWht2PhTZ"  / Twitter

2 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

To Harbaugh's credit, he got his guys ready to die out there, as he always does. He is an EXCELLENT coach Wednesday through Friday. Just so happens he's worse than useless on gamedays. 

This narrative is overblown imo. The bottom rarely falls out on the Ravens because we typically have a deep roster stacked with high football character players. A team full of smart, physical, fast, high motor athletes will typically be a tough out in any sport. Rich Bisaccia had that awful 21' Raiders roster with a winning record at the end of the year. Motivator is the most attainable trait in any coach at this level, and we've consistently lost to clubs who had HCs with the much more valuable traits like tactical and schematic superiority. 

Top 5 OL, + HBs & TEs, essentially a 'name' player at every spot on defense, and the GOAT Kicker. Harbaugh didn't draw anything out of the players beyond what they were capable of. 

The individual talent of guys like Dobbins, Edwards, Andrews, Hamilton, our DIs, etc willed us to being relevant in this one. The decisions/tactics of the coaches on both sides of the ball helped nothing. If McDonald nuts up earlier the Bengals don't get those easy early points. Roman was a disaster. STs discipline was an issue.

It's time to move on, all of this has run it's course.

• Like 2

Need a meme where it’s the men will do anything but therapy but it’s ravens fans and will do anything but admit players didn’t execute 

everything is always all coaching. OL gets whooped? Coaching. QB fumbles on a QB sneak? Coaching. LB misses sack? coaching.  

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 2

Just now, M.10.E said:

If we're playing that game then the one successful play we ran all night at the goalline was just getting the ball in Dobbins' hands and letting him make a play. Who again, did not get the ball in that sequence. 

If I believed for a second that Harbaugh or Roman told Huntley/coached him up to stay low in that situation then that'd be one thing but we ran a bad play with a bad player and now Harbaugh is just blaming it on execution? Give me a break. Bad process produced bad results. 

• Like 1

Just now, SalvadorsDeli said:

If we're playing that game then the one successful play we ran all night at the goalline was just getting the ball in Dobbins' hands and letting him make a play. Who again, did not get the ball in that sequence. 

If I believed for a second that Harbaugh or Roman told Huntley/coached him up to stay low in that situation then that'd be one thing but we ran a bad play with a bad player and now Harbaugh is just blaming it on execution? Give me a break. Bad process produced bad results. 

Ravens fans will do anything but blame players. 

6 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

This is the key point, no one in the history of football would rather defend against Dobbins/Edwards in that situation. We gave their defense multiple outs and ultimately the game on a drive that would've been the kill shot for us. One of the worst sells for the club all time. 

• Like 1

Just now, M.10.E said:

You can’t say 100% bad coaching then blame something else. Math doesn’t work that way. 

Here's a question for you - who ultimately gets the blame in the NFL for things like that, the backup QB or the head coach?

And also it is 100% bad coaching for even calling teh QB sneak in that scenario. Yeah, we didn't execute it, but it's still a bad play call that far away from the goal line!

2 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Ravens fans will do anything but blame players. 

Tyler Huntley stinks. Everybody knows that! The coaching staff knows that! How am I letting the player off the hook by saying I'd rather us give the ball to a player who doesn't stink? 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1