PLAYOFFS! Wild Card Game: Ravens @ Bengals (Greg Roman's Last Stand)

wackywabbit

7 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Don’t tell him about 90% of the rest of the league or he’ll stop watching football…

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Stereotyping

4 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

He's black with braids. 

He obviously smokes weed and is from the island of Jamaica mon'Animated GIF

Do you guys ever wonder why he is called "Snoop"? 

Apparently, it's because he resembles Snoop Dog. 

But he literally looks nothing like Snoop Dog whatsoever. 

Anyhow I'm not knocking anyone who chooses to partake. It has medicinal properties for sure.  

It's just frustrating to end the season because the QB is an utter imbecile who wants to freelance a QB sneak and cause a 14 point swing. 

I first notice something wrong with Huntley's decision making at the end of the Rams game last year, when there was less than a minute left and he kept checking down for 4-5 yard plays. 

The guy is just prone to making bizarre decisions that will lose a game. It's too bad he cost the other 52 guys on the roster a chance to advance with his horrifically dumb decision to try to leap in the endzone from more than a yard out. Then he starts pleading with the refs to award him the TD when he wasn't close? He's detached from reality. 

37 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Do you guys ever wonder why he is called "Snoop"? 

Apparently, it's because he resembles Snoop Dog. 

But he literally looks nothing like Snoop Dog whatsoever. 

Anyhow I'm not knocking anyone who chooses to partake. It has medicinal properties for sure.  

It's just frustrating to end the season because the QB is an utter imbecile who wants to freelance a QB sneak and cause a 14 point swing. 

I first notice something wrong with Huntley's decision making at the end of the Rams game last year, when there was less than a minute left and he kept checking down for 4-5 yard plays. 

The guy is just prone to making bizarre decisions that will lose a game. It's too bad he cost the other 52 guys on the roster a chance to advance with his horrifically dumb decision to try to leap in the endzone from more than a yard out. Then he starts pleading with the refs to award him the TD when he wasn't close? He's detached from reality. 

No we lost the game because that play should have never been called. Dobbins should have gotten that ball period. 

This is the Seahawks Wilson/Beast Mode situation. Though our reasoning only Roman knows I just don’t get it

Edited by santiagomn8
Want to add more
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Shoutout to Mike Mcdonald. Defense completely shut down cincy 2 weeks in a row.

Maybe the calls for his firing 3 weeks into the season were a bit premature 🤔

Still not his biggest fan, but calling a spade a spade his defense improved tremendously and he has Joe Shiesty's number.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, santiagomn8 said:

No we lost the game because that play should have never been called. Dobbins should have gotten that ball period. 

This is the Seahawks Wilson/Beast Mode situation. Though our reasoning only Roman knows I just don’t get it

You're completely wrong. Watch the replay. The pile is easily pushed into the endzone. If Huntley sticks with the playcall it's an easy TD. Roman's call was sound. 

Huntley's freelancing cost them the game. 

15 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Talk that **** JK. Speak your truth!!! 

Dobbins final 4 carries went for 0, 0, 9 (on 2nd and 18), 0. He averaged 4.8 y/c. I think he is overrating himself a bit. 

If he really feels that way, hopefully he has no problem going up to Gus and telling him that he doesn't deserve barely any carries anymore. 

36 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

You're completely wrong. Watch the replay. The pile is easily pushed into the endzone. If Huntley sticks with the playcall it's an easy TD. Roman's call was sound. 

It’s up to the coaches to say, “Don’t stretch the ball. Push the pocket and protect the ball.” Either the coaches failed the player by not teaching that or the player failed the team by ignoring the coaches direction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm gonna go ahead and call it. 

Huntley's leap is single worst play of the entire Ravens franchise history. 

Maybe unfair to include a kick but it's still Billy Cundiff to me, if only because that team would have won the Super Bowl and this team inevitably had an expiration date. 

• Like 3

I think this is what I was talking about with another poster. If Huntley freelanced, ultimately that falls on the head coach. You practice plays and run them a certain way for a reason, and if Huntley just on his own, as a backup QB decided to go completely off-script it still falls on the coaches for not POUNDING into his head why you need to run that play a certain way and a certain way only.

It was still a braindead decision by Huntley for even thinking he could stretch the ball a full yard+ into the endzone, though.

I'm gonna go ahead and call it. 

Huntley's leap is single worst play of the entire Ravens franchise history. 

That play happened with 12 minutes left in the game. Cundiff's kick literally lost us the AFCCG (IIRC, I'm not going to look it up right now lol), and it was a chip-shot field goal.

Dobbins final 4 carries went for 0, 0, 9 (on 2nd and 18), 0. He averaged 4.8 y/c. I think he is overrating himself a bit. 

If he really feels that way, hopefully he has no problem going up to Gus and telling him that he doesn't deserve barely any carries anymore. 

I don't think he's overrating himself at all. He was a stud all night long, not only running the ball but receiving as well. We drafted him to be that guy and he's been that guy when given the chances. RB's are going to go through spurts during a game where they don't pop one, but then they do. Derrick Henry is literally the epitome of that. But, to the overall point being made of him not getting the rock inside the five...

Plays inside the 5 yard line all night:

• Gus Edwards run for no gain
  • Huntley run for 1 yard
  • JK Dobbins touchdown reception
  • Gus Edwards run for 2 yards
  • Mark Andrews screen for -1 yards
  • Huntley incomplete pass
  • Gus Edwards run for 1 yard
  • Huntley QB Sneak fumble touchdown

The bolded plays were right before half when we were working against the clock, and the Mark Andrews screen call was actually a great play, our OL just whiffed on all of their blocks. So basically JK got 1 touch inside the 5 yard line which he scored on. Gus got 3 carries for 2 total yards, and Huntley got 2 carries that resulted in -7 points.

Ultimately I think JK's lack of carries were more just because we didn't have that many drives, but when we did we absolutely straight up abandoned him near the goal line and favored Gus (which I'm not that opposed to especially given Gus' tendencies to really fall forward and churn yardage), and hindsight tells us maybe Gus wasn't the right play near the goal line last night.

• Like 1